Have Your Say

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 3 months ago #11282 by
Replied by on topic Re:Have Your Say
Oh and I would be willing to help administrate/contribute to spending time on the server seeing as I have a lot of Vent admin experience, but thats up to you

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 3 months ago #11288 by
I wonder though- are we getting too high tech? there is a logic to keeping it simple, and it could throw off and turn away some of the less technically inclined members. the old tried and true people will likely follow whatever seems the best to us all.

just from my personal point of view people freak when things are neatly laid out and obvious for them.

just devils advocate.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 3 months ago #11289 by
this is just my opinion the old flash chat didnt matter who you were two clicks asnd you were there. now you have to download a program and wait and do all this other stuff personally i prefer the old chat. also it was set up nicely but if this one is cheaper and better i guess i will just have to evolve lol.

More
16 years 3 months ago #11293 by Garm
Replied by Garm on topic Re:Have Your Say
I have to agree with Cardinal Dan,
I have only a limited time here. before I could pop into and out of chat withe ease, now it's a chore. Since we changed I havent been able to find anyone and last night I found myself on screens that I've not seen before, with users not of our site. As it stands I won't be using chat anymore, it just takes away from my time here playing around setting it up, hunting for familiars, ect... Thats my two credits worth.

More
16 years 3 months ago #11295 by Garm
Replied by Garm on topic Re:Have Your Say
oh heres another two bits to add...Br. Steve is right...lets keep it simple.

I belong to this site for the exchange of information and ideas, for personal and community growth...not to continually be struggling at learning new programs to achieve the same ends, after working all day, and then dealing with the family issues, the last thing I want to do with my remaining few hours before the end of my day is to be frustrated over the vehicle used to reach my friends here. Ease of use is the bottom line.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 3 months ago #11299 by
Br. Steve, you have a very valid point...and I understand when people say \"i dont want to learn this new program\" or \"this is going to just waste my time\" but of the few seconds it takes to setup Ventrilo for a new user, compared to the hours upon hours of apprenticeship and lectures that could be held...do the good not outweigh the bad?

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 3 months ago #11303 by
I think that we should have another SHOUT IT! box, but for chat instead. That box is great I think. Very fast extremely simple and we definitely know who said what because your name is automatically put on there. If we can just hide it from the public, then I think we could do very well. No more seperate website thing, and should be cheaper, well at least I think :S.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 3 months ago #11314 by
As always, we have a great thread goin here. I personally agree with the more simple way. Whichever way that might be. It's not because I don't want to learn a new program, I'm constantly learning. I would like to make it simple for the people who are yet to find the Force. Not everyone is good with computers. This is the only forum for our Temple to grow, and us to spread our knowledge of the Force. The more simple the better.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 3 months ago #11320 by
What if the vent server was a low population server....and only for use by Masters and Knights that have apprentices for use of training?
It would save time, money, and the ones who are new to the Force could just use the more simple tech?

Eh?

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi