• Topic Author
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
    Registered
  • Founder of The Order
More
6 years 5 months ago - 6 years 5 months ago #305892 by Br. John
Church of Jediism & Daniel Jones continue the decade long tradition of lying. He goes out of his way to mention only Temple of the Jedi Order out of all the Jedi organizations only so he can lie about us, saying we are a Christian Church (absurd and he knows we're not), and says he did not know there were any other Jedi organizations when he started Church of Jediism in late 2007. Yet, in January 2008 he tells BBC News, "As children we always watched the Star Wars films anyway. We noticed that there were a couple of sites on the internet, Jedi church sites. We printed off a couple of sermons and did a sermon in our house for a couple of friends one night."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/wales/7200531.stm

I doubt this suggestion will be taken, but Church of Jedii$m and Become The Farce would better describe this for profit business masquerading as a Church.

Here's the quote from the book.

[hr]

As far as I was aware when I founded the Church of Jediism there were no other Jedi organizations. I believe I was the first to form an online group of note in 2007 via my website and Myspace. However, it soon became apparent that other groups were rapidly forming online. Perhaps some of them were inspired by the example of my church and wanting to set up their own brand of Jediism, or perhaps it was simply a case of like minds and they weren’t aware of what I was doing. I truly don’t know and don’t really care who or what came first, but what I do know is that when some of them got in touch to criticize my teachings or accuse me of stealing their thunder I’d hear myself saying things to them like, “Do you know who I am? I put Jediism on the map not you guys. I’m out there doing all the media.” My ego was fuelled by negativity and defensiveness. It was becoming ugly. It was clearly time to practise what I preach about dealing with negativity and to check my ego. More about this in later chapters, but when you are presented with negativity you have to control your thoughts and not lash out, otherwise you energize or fuel the dark side of the Force and give it more power by becoming a negative Force yourself. You should never let your ego and the darkness of negativity take over and should always send out love and peace when there is hate and conflict. Today, I reach out with love to all Jedi groups. We all regard Star Wars as a sacred text but we are all unique in our approach to the Force. For example, the Temple of the Jedi Order is a Christian Jediist group based on the teachings of Joseph Smith, and other groups have their own specific requirements to join. There are also more open-minded and inclusive groups such as the Jedi Realists, but the Church of Jediism remains the only significant Jedi organization in the world that embraces all religions and belief systems, including atheism. It is also blessed to receive interest from the media and to have a healthy membership. This doesn’t mean that bigger is better – simply that the Church of Jediism is a significant spiritual movement.

Jones, Daniel M.. Become the Force: 9 Lessons on How to Live as a Jediist Master (Kindle Locations 1208-1223). Watkins Media. Kindle Edition.

Founder of The Order
Last edit: 6 years 5 months ago by Br. John.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jedijoshuabe

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 5 months ago #305894 by
The work that you, Br. John, have put into TotJO and all the others as well, is not to be over looked and I understand that someone like Daniel Jones is only seeking to promote himself and gain attention. His words and works both show his fear that he is not true to what he says and has to throw others "under the bus" to make himself look better and to keep the focus off the facts. I do not fault him for this for he is human and wants attention and do be successful. Everyone, at one point in time or another, wants the same thing. This does not affect what we do here because we know the truth, we live the truth and we continue on.

I'm not a model Jediist by any means and I've been gone from TotJO almost as much as I have been here the last 4 or so years but I believe that we are all here to learn, to grow and to become someone better than when we first started, whatever that looks like for each individual person. Many of us know the history of TotJO and know that there will be those who practice Jediism and still present a false front in order to get further recognition and to be the illustrious "first". I do not believe that this is what we are about here. We do not need to point fingers or nicely criticize other groups just to further our own cause. One thing Maitre Alexandre helped me to see and understand is that there will always be those who seek out the Force and want to know more. Those seeking this path will eventually find TotJO. Some will stay, some will go. We don't need to advertise ourselves and make it known to the world of who we are for the path of the Force will always bring us new students and those wanting to learn.

I hope you do not mind me posting on here about this.

May the Force be with us all.

More
6 years 5 months ago #305895 by Zenchi
https://youtu.be/PgykX1jk3k0

My Word is my Honor, and my Honor is my Life ~ Sturm Brightblade
Passion, yet Serenity
Knighted Apprentice Arisaig
TM- RyuJin

More
6 years 5 months ago #305898 by Carlos.Martinez3
Yoda- "Yes. Yes. A flaw more and more common among Jedi. Hmmm. Too sure of themselves they are. Even the older, more experienced ones."

Pastor of Temple of the Jedi Order
pastor@templeofthejediorder.org
Build, not tear down.
Nosce te ipsum / Cerca trova
The following user(s) said Thank You:

More
6 years 5 months ago - 6 years 5 months ago #305901 by OB1Shinobi
1: Write a better book!

2: Make sure that totjo develops and maintains an atmosphere genuinely conducive to healthy personal growth and provides real tools that people can use to take charge of and handle hardships of their real lives. Do that, and daniel whatits will have built a church made of fluffy fruit loops in love with how wise and enlightened they all are (even though they dont actually know anything lol) while totjo will be a community of impressive, motivated, informed, successful individuals, with real skills and real accomplishments.
Theres no contest between such groups.

People are complicated.
Last edit: 6 years 5 months ago by OB1Shinobi.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 5 months ago #305902 by
Maybe we should have our PR department reach out to the author of that article and tell our side of the story, after all, it looks to be a "he said, she said" situation. Proof will prove him wrong and I'm sure there is plenty laying around.

• Br. John
  • Topic Author
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
    Registered
  • Founder of The Order
More
6 years 5 months ago #305908 by Br. John

OB1Shinobi wrote: 1: Write a better book!

2: Make sure that totjo develops and maintains an atmosphere genuinely conducive to healthy personal growth and provides real tools that people can use to take charge of and handle hardships of their real lives. Do that, and daniel whatits will have built a church made of fluffy fruit loops in love with how wise and enlightened they all are (even though they dont actually know anything lol) while totjo will be a community of impressive, motivated, informed, successful individuals, with real skills and real accomplishments.

1. There's already a better book (just one among hundreds of thousands) The Jedi Compass http://amzn.to/2yrASID and all the proceeds to to UNICEF, not to enrich a fake Jedi.

2. The Knights and Clergy here are outstanding. We've got all that covered and I expect we'll evolve and grow over the years to come. Our 12th Anniversary is December 25, 2017.

I posted this as peculiar FYI trivia news since we are mentioned. I wonder why Jones would sabotage himself with such idiotic pants on fire lies when they're so easily proven as lies. It hardly makes us look bad.

Founder of The Order
The following user(s) said Thank You:

• Br. John
  • Topic Author
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
    Registered
  • Founder of The Order
More
6 years 5 months ago - 6 years 5 months ago #305909 by Br. John
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t-Tm0AyI8x0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IzfvqsYkEmY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vQpYHystPg4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RXwkh5bLkRk

Founder of The Order
Last edit: 6 years 5 months ago by Br. John.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 5 months ago #305925 by

OB1Shinobi wrote:
1: Write a better book!

OB1, how have you been sir? Like Br. John said, there are many books out there and all of them are open for interpretation. Not everyone will agree with everything, that is what makes us human. We get to choose what we want to believe and regularly debate one another about it. I love how TotJO has developed in the time I've been here. One of the most impressive features is the Outreach Program. Guaranteed not many places such as this offers an Outreach Program with an ordained minister group to lead it. Having used this service myself I can attest to how awesome it is and the people who do it. There is so much that TotJO has to offer that many of the other Jediist churches do not or it is very small and basic. TotJO will always be present and in the fore front with little push needed from out end. We just have to keep being strong and keep being the awesome Jediist's we are and the church will grow and evolve, as it has already.

Carlos.Martinez3 wrote: Yoda- "Yes. Yes. A flaw more and more common among Jedi. Hmmm. Too sure of themselves they are. Even the older, more experienced ones."

Carlos, if I am ever in need of a good quote I shall be calling on you for it.

More
6 years 5 months ago #305931 by JamesSand
Daniel Jones?

Never heard of her.

Which isn't surprising really.

In other news, Phineas Quimby was one of the fathers of the New Thought movement that spawned a range of "Faiths" in the early 20th century, including a Christian offshoot that had over 200,000 members in the USA in its heyday in the 1930s.

Given that he has such a delightful name (Say it...fin-ee-us kwim-bee), and his ideas have so very much in common with concepts that many Jedi align themselves with, I certainly hope you've all heard of him.

If not, no matter, you still benefit from his work and his successors' on your path ;)