• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 4 months ago - 6 years 4 months ago #307897 by
Replied by on topic American Jedi Documentry
Due to linking policies ill just let you guys figure out location XD haha

Attachment americanjedi.png not found

Here is the link. If you use it the cost is the same but The Order gets a small commission.

http://amzn.to/2AK77GT
Attachments:
Last edit: 6 years 4 months ago by Br. John. Reason: Added link.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 4 months ago #308768 by
I tried my hardest to watch it, I really did, but I couldn't finish it. I felt it focused entirely too much on the latter stage of the knighting process and the trials, and not enough on the journey. Also wasn't too fond of the sensationalism (BDSM dramatic reenactment stuff mostly), and a large part of it just felt like the Opie & Hannigan show; no disrespect meant to Masters McCloud and Hannigan, but I'm pretty sure that they already have the means to put themselves out there. I'll probably finish it at some point, but I honestly found the majority of what I watched rather dull and uninspiring from a directorial and storytelling standpoint. YMMV

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 4 months ago #308815 by

Sarissah Sojourner wrote: I tried my hardest to watch it, I really did, but I couldn't finish it. I felt it focused entirely too much on the latter stage of the knighting process and the trials, and not enough on the journey. Also wasn't too fond of the sensationalism (BDSM dramatic reenactment stuff mostly), and a large part of it just felt like the Opie & Hannigan show; no disrespect meant to Masters McCloud and Hannigan, but I'm pretty sure that they already have the means to put themselves out there. I'll probably finish it at some point, but I honestly found the majority of what I watched rather dull and uninspiring from a directorial and storytelling standpoint. YMMV

Thank you for your honest opinions.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 4 months ago #308924 by
The Huffington Post just did an article last night
Article: These Are The Real People Who Follow The Jedi Religion

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 4 months ago #308926 by

Dewy.Cosmos wrote: The Huffington Post just did an article last night

A pretty interesting article, but again we see that it was very much following Opie. Not a bad thing, but something we can learn from if we decide to make our own documentary. Follow more paths, show how varied this whole thing is. :) Thanks for the share Dewy. :)

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 4 months ago #308949 by

MJ Hannigan wrote:

Sarissah Sojourner wrote: I tried my hardest to watch it, I really did, but I couldn't finish it. I felt it focused entirely too much on the latter stage of the knighting process and the trials, and not enough on the journey. Also wasn't too fond of the sensationalism (BDSM dramatic reenactment stuff mostly), and a large part of it just felt like the Opie & Hannigan show; no disrespect meant to Masters McCloud and Hannigan, but I'm pretty sure that they already have the means to put themselves out there. I'll probably finish it at some point, but I honestly found the majority of what I watched rather dull and uninspiring from a directorial and storytelling standpoint. YMMV

Thank you for your honest opinions.

Part of the message is hidden for the guests. Please log in or register to see it.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 4 months ago #309665 by

Arisaig wrote:

Dewy.Cosmos wrote: The Huffington Post just did an article last night

A pretty interesting article, but again we see that it was very much following Opie. Not a bad thing, but something we can learn from if we decide to make our own documentary. Follow more paths, show how varied this whole thing is. :) Thanks for the share Dewy. :)

Good luck with that. But I am betting that NO ONE here wants to put themselves out there like that. You have no clue how much stress it was watching that and having your story out there for the world to see. TOTJO is a forum where many hide behind screen names and false pictures. It is much diffrent when you receive facebook requests, rude messages and even need to change your phone number over a film. How many people are really ready willing and able to put themselves out there and being ready for the backlash as well?

I am not saying Opie, Perris or myself or special, but I am saying be careful what you ask for. You will get it.

On a side note, Opie (who i truly dislike) and myself already had our voices out there in our own podcasts. I am using Jedi Realist Radio as a way to introduce new voices to the community. I dropped the opportuntiy for TOTJO members to jump on to a show or more to promote TOTJO and NO ONE took up the offer. Why would people want to do a film if they would not even call into a podcast?