Connor Lidell, Licensed Minister, Ceremony, 2013

• ren
    Registered
  • Not anywhere near the back of the bus
More
10 years 5 months ago - 10 years 5 months ago #123536 by ren
Only people who aren't knights yet get to be licensed ministers. (in the current system anyway) But that doesn't negate the need for a ceremony. I havent been to many live services this year, what we used to do is mix a live service with a promotion, even sometimes starting with the promotion and letting the newly licensed minister finish the service.

I though Sajjad was supposed to be under the supervision of a clerical mentor?

edit: actually, I've been to a real promotion (licensed minister) and we did mix a service with the promotion in real life as well.

Convictions are more dangerous foes of truth than lies.
Last edit: 10 years 5 months ago by ren.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 years 5 months ago #123537 by

I though Sajjad was supposed to be under the supervision of a clerical mentor?

Wait, is that relevant? haha

Also, what is the "need" for the ceremony. Does it involve a vow of some kind that I never took?

More
10 years 5 months ago #123538 by MCSH
To clarify, master jestor is my mentor for what ren mentioned.

And it's not necessary, I remember v told me we can schedule a ceremony...

At least it wasn't necessary at that time :-p

Master: Wescli Wardest
Clerical Mentor : Master Jestor

Clerical Rank: Licensed Minister
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jestor

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 years 5 months ago #123541 by
I freely admit that some aspects of the administration of the Clergy have been overlooked due to the varying situations. But one of the things that is on the agenda is to rectify any oversights and to establish a more solid structure.

In this vein, I will be arranging for people to have the ceremonies and to take the vows that were neglected.

It is my opinion that the announcements of any such appointments should serve as temporary acceptance until ceremonies can be arranged.

More
10 years 5 months ago #123548 by Br. John
As far as I know a ceremony is not required to license a minister but it's certainly welcome. Any clergy can conduct a ceremony celebrating a licensing with Council authorization. An ordination for a Deacon or Bishop is during a ceremony, usually public, conducted by a Bishop. For a good reason an ordination may be a small private ceremony. If so a celebration service may be held later. There's a question of what's necessary for a Priest.

Founder of The Order

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 years 5 months ago #123560 by
After all this, I think we should have a huge ceremony with a parade after and whatnot.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi