On Leadership

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 7 months ago #6729 by
Replied by on topic Re:On Leadership
Twsoundsoff wrote:

Did I ever mention I love carrots? Especially carrot Cake...LOL

lol o man i love carrots as well, as a boy on a farm in illinois where i grew up, we had a 5 acre garden and part of that was a long long row of carrots......mmmmm i used to pull them from the ground and eat them on the spot, so sweet....... o and i love carrot cake too with the sour cream frosting, mmmmmm....... dangit now im hungry

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 7 months ago #6743 by
LMAO, okay, back to subject, what would make one follow a person, or what would be the qualifications of a good leader?

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 7 months ago #6744 by
Innocence_Lost wrote:

LMAO, okay, back to subject, what would make one follow a person, or what would be the qualifications of a good leader?

Didn't I lay that out? hmmmm

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 7 months ago #6752 by
Innocence_Lost wrote:

A good question none the less...Indeed, What are the Defining qualities of a \"good\" Leader? Any takers? :)

• Jon
  • User
  • User
    Inactive
  • May the Dark Side of the Force serve you well!
More
16 years 7 months ago #6753 by Jon
Replied by Jon on topic Re:On Leadership
Someone who has/is/can...
- proved leadership in the past
- not only visions but can also portray these
- motivated by challenges
- constructively critical
- who looks to new horizons
- practical ideas
- willing to take responsibility
- able to finish a job
- mentally tough
- inspire others
- a quality that makes people listen to them
- Partnership and voice
- Vision and values
- Knowledge and daring
- Savvy and persistence
- Personal qualities (passion, humor, and empathy strength of character, general maturity, patience, wisdom, common sense, trustworthiness, reliability, creativity, sensitivity)

The author of the TOTJO simple and solemn oath, the liturgy book, holy days, the FAQ and the Canon Law. Ordinant of GM Mark and Master Jestor.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 7 months ago #6754 by
And willing to do everything they ask others to do?

• Jon
  • User
  • User
    Inactive
More
16 years 7 months ago #6755 by Jon
This can apply but does not have to. A good leader can appreciate the gifts and qualities in another, just as he should be aware of his/her own limitations. A good leader knows how to construct a functioning team to achieve results.

The author of the TOTJO simple and solemn oath, the liturgy book, holy days, the FAQ and the Canon Law. Ordinant of GM Mark and Master Jestor.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 7 months ago #6756 by
Jon wrote:

This can apply but does not have to. A good leader can appreciate the gifts and qualities in another, just as he should be aware of his/her own limitations. A good leader knows how to construct a functioning team to achieve results.

Certainly, but you would not say that at minimum the \"Willingness\" is necessary?

• Jon
  • User
  • User
    Inactive
More
16 years 7 months ago #6757 by Jon
Twsoundsoff wrote:

Jon wrote:

Certainly, but you would not say that at minimum the \"Willingness\" is necessary?

...certainly, for the simple reason that the welfare of his/her people is of concern.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 7 months ago #6758 by
when i fight for people they need three things, willingness to go the distance, no fear of death(for that becomes blinding if they do fear death). also they should never give in. basically like the movie three hundred when they all went for that fight, that who i would fight and die for. for the cause of freedom its worth it. if you are afraid of death than you will not understand. a list of great leaders well a small one,
Churchill
william wallace
king linidious, forgive the spelling
gorge washington
tim tool man taylor, lol jk
a leader must be karismatic but also willing to help his men as well, do things that seem unjust for the greater good. sometimes a sacrifice is needed for the peace to come out. you must take that into consideration. and a good example of a leader telling his men to do something he would do, is die for his country. just my thoughts, and just so you know i would be a sheep to the shepard of my choosing, to lead is great strength but to follow is something that has an even greater strength to it.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi