In rememberance of Steven Ford

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
13 years 6 months ago #33054 by
Replied by on topic Re:In rememberance of Steven Ford
This is sad to hear, I did not know him well, but I hope him well in his next plane of existence, and I hope the best for his family and friends, this will be a hard time for them, and they will need as much kindness as they can get... my hopes go out to them and hope they do not let the darkness of a situation like this bring them too far down.

...I'll never fully comprehend how a person can get so far that taking one's life becomes an option, I understand wanting things to end, but things would have to be really bad to be willing to hurt so many for one's own relief...

I guess I find peace in the fact that his pain is over and he is one with the force now

Stevef... may you're journey continue in ways we can't even comprehend

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
13 years 6 months ago #33100 by
I do appoligize for not posting this earlyer With everything going on I missed posting here. Services were Held Saturday the 11th and I figured better late than never.

http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/saltlaketribune/obituary.aspx?n=steven-ford&pid=145207905

• Jon
  • User
  • User
    Inactive
  • May the Dark Side of the Force serve you well!
More
13 years 6 months ago #33109 by Jon
Thank you Swamidave. His for us new photo and obituary brought Steve alot closer more personal. That certainly went to my heart.

The author of the TOTJO simple and solemn oath, the liturgy book, holy days, the FAQ and the Canon Law. Ordinant of GM Mark and Master Jestor.

• Neaj Pa Bol
  • Master
  • Master
    Registered
  • Faith is daring the soul to go beyond what the eyes can see...
More
13 years 6 months ago #33141 by Neaj Pa Bol
I am in total shock on this. may we all remember the frailty of life and cherish it as well as cherish those we know and are around us each day...

Tell me and I forget, teach me and I may remember, involve me and I learn. Benjamin Franklin

Let the improvement of yourself keep you so busy that you have no time to criticize others. Roy T. Bennett, The Light in the Heart

Participated in the making of the book, “The Jedi Compass”with 2 articles.

For today I serve so that tomorrow I may serve again. One step, One Vow, One Moment... Too always remember it is not about me... Master Neaj Pa Bol

Faith is daring the soul to go beyond what the eyes can see...

Faith is a journey, not a guilt trip...

Quiet your emotions to find inner peace. Learn from ignorance to foster knowledge.
Enjoy your passions but be immersed in serenity. Understand the chaos to see the harmony.
Life and death is to be one with the Force.

Apprentice's: Master Zanthan Storm, Jaxxy (Master Rachat et Espoir (Bridgette Barker))

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
13 years 6 months ago #33149 by
This is very sad news. He seemed like he was very active in his community and had many people who cared dearly for him. Sometimes when people get to a certain point of despair, it's hard for them to see the love that's still in their lives. When I read some of the posts he had made, especially the ones about his children, it broke my heart to know those children would be growing up without their dad. I know he must have been in terrible pain but I wish he had chosen a different option. At least he is at peace now.

More
13 years 6 months ago - 13 years 6 months ago #33186 by Garm
I am saddened upon hearing of Brother Steve’s passing. I cannot begin to fathom the amount of inner anguish he must have felt that led him to decide that taking his own life was the only possible answer.

He will be missed and I wish him peace in the force.

Knowing that Steve was a giving and loving soul I believe that I would not be diminishing his honor or memory in taking this moment to remind the membership that if anyone is troubled, please do not allow that trouble to manifest itself to the degree that we see on this sad occasion. Don’t be content for a plea for help to fade unanswered in the shout box, everyone is available via PM… pick someone you are comfortable with; say what is on your mind and post…I do not believe that there is a Jedi here who would ignore it. We are here to support and serve each other just as well as the general public.

May the Force be with us all.
Last edit: 13 years 6 months ago by Garm.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
13 years 6 months ago #33235 by
I'm reasonably sure Grand Master father Jon wont mind me reminding the community that on the 24the September in our chat room - FrJon is leading TWO memorial services for Master SteveF at 12:00 and 24:00 GMT.

ALL are welcome and very much encouraged to attend

We will repost a reminder nearer the time and I will add it to the calender as well.

MTFBWY - A

• Jon
  • User
  • User
    Inactive
More
13 years 6 months ago - 13 years 6 months ago #33365 by Jon
Memorial service will be held tomorrow in Chat for everyone on Friday 24th September 2010 at 12:00 and 24:00 hrs GMT.

The author of the TOTJO simple and solemn oath, the liturgy book, holy days, the FAQ and the Canon Law. Ordinant of GM Mark and Master Jestor.
Last edit: 13 years 6 months ago by Jon.

• Jon
  • User
  • User
    Inactive
More
13 years 6 months ago #33366 by Jon
I need one member to take over the resposes on the part of the members. Please PM me and I will send a copy of the ceremony.

Also I ask all members to prepare each a piece of thoughts, ready to post in the condolence section, to help the ceremony run more smoothly.

• Jon
  • User
  • User
    Inactive
More
13 years 6 months ago - 13 years 6 months ago #33367 by Jon
MEMORIAL SERVICE

For: Master Steve Ford
Celebrant: Grand Master Jon
Respondant & Master of Ceremony: Master Mark Anjuu
Participants: Please have a candle at hand which will be lit at a given time during the ceremony; a ready writen condolence or short sentence which can be posted at a given time during the ceremony.

Place: Chat
Time: 11:00 & 23:00 hrs GMT; 12:00 hrs & 24:00hrs BST
Date: 24 September

Please no chatting during the ceremony (ensured by Master Mark Anjuu).
The ceremony will be copied and pasted later here.

Last edit: 13 years 6 months ago by Jon.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi