In rememberance of Steven Ford

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
13 years 6 months ago #33004 by
It is with a heavy heart that I inform you all that A dear friend Steven A ford took his life September 7th and has transcend into the force. Services will be held in West Vally city, Utah. Time and Exact location is yet to be decided.

Thank you all that knew and loved him He will be remembered in your hearts.

http://templeofthejediorder.org/component/option,com_kunena/Itemid,96/func,fbprofile/task,showprf/userid,535/

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
13 years 6 months ago #33005 by
Replied by on topic Re:In rememberance of Steven Ford
I must confess that this has knocked me sideways. I only spoke to Steve on a few occasions but I know of his contributions to the Order and he will be sorely missed.

RIP on the next stage of your journey into the Force, Knight Steven. MTFBWY

• Jon
  • User
  • User
    Inactive
  • May the Dark Side of the Force serve you well!
More
13 years 6 months ago #33006 by Jon
Brother Steve!

Oh wow! That certainly is a piece of hammer news. Very unexpected. I am lost for words. Thanks Swamidave for informing us.

I just lost a colleague at work, who took his own life. I believe Steve had family. It takes alot to take such a step.

I will work on a memorial service in his memory the week after next. If anyone wants to PM me any infos or thoughts please feel free.

MTFBWY always Brother Steve.

Grand Master Jon

The author of the TOTJO simple and solemn oath, the liturgy book, holy days, the FAQ and the Canon Law. Ordinant of GM Mark and Master Jestor.

• Jon
  • User
  • User
    Inactive
More
13 years 6 months ago #33007 by Jon
By Steven Ford:

Last weekend with my munchkin, i was watching him play with his toys and I noticed something. he has all kinds of transformers, star wars toys, and super hero (mostly Spidey) figures; and they were all getting along.

in his almost 4 year old imagination world, megatron and optimus are friends. even though he's seen the movie and loves it. Vader and Mace hugged in his play world. even though he knows the movies better than I do. Spidey and Doc Ock said they loved each other when we had just watched the movies a while again.

so I'm sitting there noticing how all his toy interactions love each other, and of course he loves everything except bed time and being made to eat his food before desert; and I wonder, is this just my kid? No i think not- I watched my girlfriends youngling (half a year younger than mine), and it is the same, everything loves everything.

numerous thoughts pop in my head, the first being I may have not needed to pay the extra money to make sure he had a good guy and bad guy toy- maybe he just needs the good guys. But on a more serious note, Why can't we see things like this?

When did we change to see the difference between good guys and bad guys? when did Optimus and Megatron or Vader and Mace; in our minds anyway- have to be enemies? he doesn't see a good guy and bad guy, he See's two people who are the same. Both use the force and have a lightsaber, they both bleed, they both have feelings. why not love each other- we aren't so different, we're both transformers. How about we stop fighting and hug?

I really think there is a lot to this my friends. if we could find that spark that children have; maybe just in a small way stop seeing people as good or bad, black or white, big or small, autobot or deceptacon i think that illusive concept of peace is close. not with toys but with life, with our dealings. stop seeing people for what they did or do, or what they look like, and how they act. stop seeing my ex wife, annoying co worker, or rude boss. just a person.

imagine it- combine an adults intelligence with a child's love. so I'm pondering how do we become kids again? I think some though on this is required. please add your ideas and thoughts. lets keep this going and figure out how to be grown up kids.

as for me i'm going to start playing with my son's action figures (besides they are soo much cooler then when I was a kid) and see if i can figure out how to make peace with Spidey and Doc Ock.

The author of the TOTJO simple and solemn oath, the liturgy book, holy days, the FAQ and the Canon Law. Ordinant of GM Mark and Master Jestor.

• Jon
  • User
  • User
    Inactive
More
13 years 6 months ago #33008 by Jon
By Steven Ford:

To all you dad's with me in the ranks,

\"Anyone can be a father, it takes someone special to be a dad (especially a Jedi dad)\"

-unknown

HAPPY FATHERS DAY!!! :)

I hope your day is filled with love and many good memories to last your life.

MTFBWY

• Jon
  • User
  • User
    Inactive
More
13 years 6 months ago #33009 by Jon
By Steven Ford:

Hello all,

I've been on here for a good long time (joined in 2007), many of you don't know me as I'm usually on late at night and don't post as much as I used to. I've always followed the Jedi path even before I joined the temple, and I became a Minister when I joined. The path of the Jedi is not easy (we'll can all agree on that) but I've remained dedicated to the Force and with it on my side, I've overcame a good many struggles in life. I've been honored to be a Knight, Minister, and member of this temple.

That being said, I'm announcing I'm going on a leave of abscence for an unspecified amount of time. Recent events have forced me to question myself and my future here. I feel it's time to examine where I belong and where I want to go. So I'll be soul searching. When I figure how things fit and how I fit in things I'll be more able to return or do what the Force wants me to do.

There are a variety of reasons I feel the way I do, most of them I prefer not to post here. If anyone has any questions or concerns I do get PM notifications in my regular e-mail and will answer any questions anyone has.

I should say to be clear that no one said or did anything to upset me; so it's not a situation like that.

It has been my honor and pleasure to be a part of this community and learn all I've learned and do all the fantasic things here. Thank you all for what you've done for me.

May The Force Be With You Always

• RyuJin
  • Master
  • Master
    Registered
  • The Path of Ignorance is Paved with Fear
More
13 years 6 months ago #33012 by RyuJin
i remember reading some of these posts when they were made.

it's rare that i'm surprised by anything, and i must admit that this one is a bit of a surprise.

you will be missed. mtfbwy and your children.

Warning: Spoiler!

Quotes:
Warning: Spoiler!

J.L.Lawson,Master Knight, M.div, Eastern Studies S.I.G. Advisor (Formerly Known as the Buddhist Rite)
Former Masters: GM Kana Seiko Haruki , Br.John
Current Apprentices: Baru
Former Apprentices:Adhara(knight), Zenchi (knight)

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
13 years 6 months ago #33013 by
Replied by on topic Re:In rememberance of Steven Ford
I swore out when i read this but for forum use - OMG will do

I really shocked by this (btw, do the folks at totjf know?)

Stevef contributed a lot to this site - and his contributions remain as does he with the force - I hope hi family can find some solice with the thought that he is not entirely gone and that the force (or who / whatever) will be with them at this very difficult time.

MTFBWY - A Steve

More
13 years 6 months ago #33014 by Br. John
This was just two years ago. I'm in shock.

http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=4189573

Founder of The Order
Attachments:

More
13 years 6 months ago #33023 by 666
I know, that in the last time, we was a little far from here, he explain to me why, he give me some of his time...
I feel really bad...
but in the other hand, he is part of the force now.... even maybe I'm jealous

now, I'm confused ...
The last 2 o 3 days, a forgot the force, I didn't talk with myself, like always,
Now he is gonna be there doing the universal equilibrium even better

for some reason for a few seconds a feel empty...

I'm gonna re read Steven, maybe we all need to,

THANK YOU STEVEN

Alejandro Mascaro

Knight of Jediism
Ordained Deacon and Minister
Promoted and Ordained April 28, 2010

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi