Light saber chronology

More
6 years 4 months ago #306288 by Carlos.Martinez3
Ok , I love this place for so many reasons.
So many !
One reason is there seem to be others more smarter than me in ceartain things ! Smiley face , that's how I learn.
So I now and ask those who are more savy than me ....
Light sabers ... anyone know the cannon on who's was which who had it and so on. The wife and I think and talk often and we couldn't figure some out .
Rey had Luke's which was Anikins first , Luke used anikins against him and Kyle wants it ? Things like that make me wonder . If you got pictures and explanations PLEASE... please post em here, I know some has several and were taken given left at death, and who did Grevis take all those from ?
Much and many thank yous and may the Force be with you

Pastor of Temple of the Jedi Order
pastor@templeofthejediorder.org
Build, not tear down.
Nosce te ipsum / Cerca trova

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 4 months ago #306289 by
Replied by on topic Light saber chronology
For the first part. Kylo wants that lightsaber for two reasons. The first is the fact that it was Anakin's blade. His obsession fuels that desire. The second reason is so that he can study it. His own saber is archaic and unstable. He doesn't have the science and understanding of a fully functioning blade. With Anakin's saber he would be able to make the leap. At least that's my understanding of the situation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 4 months ago #306290 by
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Anakin_Skywalker%27s_second_lightsaber

More
6 years 4 months ago #306293 by Carlos.Martinez3

JLSpinner wrote: For the first part. Kylo wants that lightsaber for two reasons. The first is the fact that it was Anakin's blade. His obsession fuels that desire. The second reason is so that he can study it. His own saber is archaic and unstable. He doesn't have the science and understanding of a fully functioning blade. With Anakin's saber he would be able to make the leap. At least that's my understanding of the situation.

ReAlly ? I thought his was old school for a reason... like old school knight not saber , like round table type . William Wallace like almost. Does Kyle actually finish his training at the temple with Luke , I thought he did then turned , like his blood line ...Hmmm the way I understand it the person controll the saber not the crystal right so if he has anikins ... he's got a crystal, there are more ...? Kinna out of crystals ..( rouge one) so does Kylo want it cuz they are scarce and it's his granpappys?

Build, not tear down.

More
6 years 4 months ago - 6 years 4 months ago #306294 by Carlos.Martinez3

Atticus wrote: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Anakin_Skywalker%27s_second_lightsaber

His second , as a Aprentice made at the original temple...? Aka Luke's first , the one Obie takes from Anikin at their last fight and the one he is killed with (Vader)? The one Rey has?her first, Luke's first ? Rays first ? Anikins second? Blue light ? The one Fin uses ( Fins first)
See where I'm trying to put two and two togeather ...one of the most purest sabers ? Oldest ? Is that all the same one?

Build, not tear down.
Last edit: 6 years 4 months ago by Carlos.Martinez3.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 4 months ago #306295 by

Carlos.Martinez3 wrote:

Atticus wrote: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Anakin_Skywalker%27s_second_lightsaber

His second , as a Aprentice made at the original temple...? Aka Luke's first , the one Obie takes from Anikin at their last fight and the one he is killed with (Vader)? The one Rey has?her first, Luke's first ? Rays first ? Anikins second? Blue light ? The one Fin uses ( Fins first)
See where I'm trying to put two and two togeather ...one of the most purest sabers ? Oldest ? Is that all the same one?

Yep. Not the oldest saber by any means, but historic.

More
6 years 4 months ago #306297 by Carlos.Martinez3
Sweet and thank you so ... which is the oldest ?

Build, not tear down.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 4 months ago #306309 by

Carlos.Martinez3 wrote:

JLSpinner wrote: For the first part. Kylo wants that lightsaber for two reasons. The first is the fact that it was Anakin's blade. His obsession fuels that desire. The second reason is so that he can study it. His own saber is archaic and unstable. He doesn't have the science and understanding of a fully functioning blade. With Anakin's saber he would be able to make the leap. At least that's my understanding of the situation.

ReAlly ? I thought his was old school for a reason... like old school knight not saber , like round table type . William Wallace like almost. Does Kyle actually finish his training at the temple with Luke , I thought he did then turned , like his blood line ...Hmmm the way I understand it the person controll the saber not the crystal right so if he has anikins ... he's got a crystal, there are more ...? Kinna out of crystals ..( rouge one) so does Kylo want it cuz they are scarce and it's his granpappys?

I don't know what is cannon or not but from my knowledge the Empire did a fare job destroying the information the Jedi had, including building lightsabers. Kylo has the basics down in his design. The flanges are ports to reduce the heat. The design is flawed though, thus the shaky blade that is emitted.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 4 months ago - 6 years 4 months ago #306310 by

Carlos.Martinez3 wrote: Ok , I love this place for so many reasons.
So many !
One reason is there seem to be others more smarter than me in ceartain things ! Smiley face , that's how I learn.
So I now and ask those who are more savy than me ....
Light sabers ... anyone know the cannon on who's was which who had it and so on. The wife and I think and talk often and we couldn't figure some out .
Rey had Luke's which was Anikins first , Luke used anikins against him and Kyle wants it ? Things like that make me wonder . If you got pictures and explanations PLEASE... please post em here, I know some has several and were taken given left at death, and who did Grevis take all those from ?
Much and many thank yous and may the Force be with you

Ohh, okay, lets break this down.

First, lets get Grevious out of the way. Grevious took his sabers from slain Jedi, and the four he carried belonged to the strongest Jedi he had defeated to that date. So giving specific owner names is hard, because it changed depending on when it was. But if he had killed Obi Wan and Anakin in Episode 3, he would have used their sabers (Obi Wan being a personal rival, and Anakin being the Hero of the Republic).

Rey has Anakins second saber (his first being destroyed before the Battle of Geonosis.

As for why Kylo wants the Graflex (Anakin's second saber), still up in the air. Perhaps he wants to use it as his crystal. Rumours are that Starkiller Base was the planet Illum, where Jedi historically got their crystals. So with it gone, crystals will be hard to come by. Also, in the recent Vader comics, we see all the Jedi lightsabers destroyed as a statement. So all those crystals are gone as well.

I feel that Kylo's current, cracked crystal is Vader's crystal. Luke has a crystal shard necklace, which I think to be the last piece of the crystal. So, rather than face Luke with a broken lightsaber, he wants Anakin's in order to replace his own with a unbroken crystal.

His current saber is of ancient design, but of modern creation. How ancient is it? Well, we don't know, having been a recent creation by Disney. But we do know it dates back Pre-Scourge of Malacore, so a few thousand years, but yet not amongst the first lightsabers (forcesabers and protosabers). Why this design was abandoned, we may never know.
Last edit: 6 years 4 months ago by .

More
6 years 3 months ago #307859 by Carlos.Martinez3
Isn't Luke's - Anikins - rays now ... saber the one that killed all the Temple when the order to kill All the Jedi was given ? The Jedi killer Kate likes saber ? The one Obie didn't want to touch ?

Build, not tear down.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi