Lightsaber Combat Training - the way of the Warrior

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 9 months ago - 7 years 9 months ago #245055 by

Albali Cometlast wrote: Thank You Jake

I'll start practicing and how I hope to go forward in my ability to duel with my level while in the temple and to perfect 7 forms of mourning while I strengthen body and mind. Any advice for a rookie?

May the Force be with you

Rookies must be mindful that there is no Rookie in sword fighting or Saber style - just trained and un trained.

If you train - you WILL get better, if you are bruised and scratched - you are doing it right. If you need guidance, look inside. Calm yourself. And find it.

Know one this before you swing. You have to - have to - have to - be in a place of calm. Mind and body. For as the Body is calm, it can learn as your mind does, far easier than under duress.
Last edit: 7 years 9 months ago by .

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 9 months ago - 7 years 9 months ago #245056 by

Mindas Arran wrote: Jake,

Some interesting stuff. You guys get together for sparring and such? Do you integrate hand to hand training into this practice as well?

Best Regards,
- Mindas Ar'ran

Yes we do! I encourage if you are in range to hit or kick your opponent - WITHOUT LOOSING SAID LIMB - do so. This adds to the random style of Shii Cho and allows for a more - fluid based movement, sometimes allowing a position you never thought possible to emerge.

If you can hit your opponent that may be enough to end the fight without having to "saber them" to submission -

REMEMBER - you are to disarm and end the fight as fast as possible. Never kill unless you MUST - one quick swing to the neck severs the head - in training we use a tap on the skull, or chest to indicate a killing blow. Remember a Jedi protects life at all cost. Master yoda would willing die - to save Anakin - knowing full well vaders future - to maintain his stance on the force. We are resolve. We are Jedi. We only act in justice.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 9 months ago #245058 by

Adder wrote: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YROLvYhXxiU

For me, that is Form 3 :)

Lol pure Ataru with a bit of Lime - or a twist if you will Councillor Adder lol!

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 9 months ago #245079 by

jake_sato wrote: REMEMBER - you are to disarm and end the fight as fast as possible. Never kill unless you MUST - one quick swing to the neck severs the head - in training we use a tap on the skull, or chest to indicate a killing blow. Remember a Jedi protects life at all cost. Master yoda would willing die - to save Anakin - knowing full well vaders future - to maintain his stance on the force. We are resolve. We are Jedi. We only act in justice.

Respectfully,
We may have a slight divergence of opinion on that matter. I wonder, theoretically, which solution to aggression serves "life" better? If violence is used to end the existence of "evil" then many lives may be spared, thus contributing to life. Yagyu Munenori contemplates this in the "Life Giving Sword". Just a thought.

-Mindas Ar'ran

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 9 months ago - 7 years 9 months ago #245080 by

Mindas Arran wrote:

jake_sato wrote: REMEMBER - you are to disarm and end the fight as fast as possible. Never kill unless you MUST - one quick swing to the neck severs the head - in training we use a tap on the skull, or chest to indicate a killing blow. Remember a Jedi protects life at all cost. Master yoda would willing die - to save Anakin - knowing full well vaders future - to maintain his stance on the force. We are resolve. We are Jedi. We only act in justice.

Respectfully,
We may have a slight divergence of opinion on that matter. I wonder, theoretically, which solution to aggression serves "life" better? If violence is used to end the existence of "evil" then many lives may be spared, thus contributing to life. Yagyu Munenori contemplates this in the "Life Giving Sword". Just a thought.

-Mindas Ar'ran

But where does that stop? ISIS believes the West to be evil. As much as I hate Star Wars references, Anakin saw the Jedi as evil and murdered children over that conviction. There can come a point where your own judgments are compromised and you don't realize it.

Court trials keeps us from getting arrogant and from making hasty mistakes. Disarming the opponent until that can happen keeps us from becoming "bad guys" ourselves. Keeping the offender in custody until the trial protects innocent folks.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 9 months ago #245083 by

Mindas Arran wrote:

Respectfully,

-Mindas Ar'ran

I never said I agree with Yoda - and true to form would strike Anakin down knowing what I do myself. My point is a true master - would sacrifice themselves to maintain the principles in which they uphold. IF you MUST do so JUST

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi