What do you choose as a duelist or involved an encounter?

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 3 months ago #216024 by

Mindas Arran wrote: The exacts of the "encounter" are a little undefined, but when I think of an "unfortunate situation" it generally involves the safety of my kith and kin. If their safety is on the line, I absolutely want an unfair fight with the odds as much in my favor as possible. The well being of my friends, wife, and daughters is no game and I want to be able to see them at the end of whatever an "unfortunate situation" might be.

so a planned encounter, you want to have an unfair fight towards your favor as much as possible. if in your current life, do you plan for any encounters? what about an unexpected encounter, what do you carry just in case?

Now, in the event of a training duel, I'd rather the odds be even, or even a little in the other person's favor. You can't get any better unless the training is challenging you. I live in Michigan if anyone wants to get together for some training.

wow I wish I was in USA, I haven't heard of any dueling training in australia

And for the fun of it, if I was in a Star Wars duel, I'd go with a heavy blaster, thermal detonators, and a good vibro-knife. Lightsabers are really cool, but I'd feel more comfortable with blasters and grenades. lol

I think light sabres seem to be a pretty good choice, good against blasters. what type of light sabre?

Sent from my ASUS_Z00AD using Tapatalk

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 3 months ago #216129 by

Entropist wrote: so a planned encounter, you want to have an unfair fight towards your favor as much as possible. if in your current life, do you plan for any encounters? what about an unexpected encounter, what do you carry just in case?

In a training encounter, I want the odds stacked against me because I need to get better. In a "real" encounter, I want the odds in my favor because I need to be the winner.

My EDC (every day carry) is a CZ999 with 45 rounds of 147gr Golden Saber and a Schrade fixed blade knife:

Attachment h0b883bf.png not found

Attachments:

More
8 years 3 months ago #216145 by Adder
"Everybody loves swords" :lol:

This is why I approach it the way I do, as a mental discipline primarily. I think its more fundamental to our psychology, an innate desire to have dominion over the immediate space at our periphery. Whether its s stick to push something yucky out of the way, a machete to clear a path through scrub, or a sword into gosh knows what is charging you... its that tool which extends our reach about another arms length outwards. As tools developed we pushed this capacity further away so to feel safer, throwing rocks, bows and arrows, pistols, rifles etc, artillery, fighter planes, etc ballistic missiles
:S

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7DBmNVHTmNs

You might have to define what you mean by duel a bit more. Do you mean what is your preferred 'tool' to exercise combat with? If so, I'd love to go up in a couple of fighter jets, but failing that, perhaps paintball guns bolted onto jetski's might be fun
:blush:

Knight ~ introverted extropian, mechatronic neurothealogizing, technogaian buddhist. Likes integration, visualization, elucidation and transformation.
Jou ~ Deg ~ Vlo ~ Sem ~ Mod ~ Med ~ Dis
TM: Grand Master Mark Anjuu
The following user(s) said Thank You: OB1Shinobi

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 3 months ago #216151 by
I like swords because they don't need ammo, can still be used blunt, less wear and tear for thrusting, less time than sabres rotating 180deg for cutting if the back of the blade faces the target, so many reasons.

and I agree with the reasoning about some people having the need to dominate, or feel secure. that's why people feel the need for such tools to supplement themselves.

you can specify what you like by the words duel and encounter. I left the freedom for everyone to draw on their own experiences or post hypotheticals like Star Wars

Sent from my ASUS_Z00AD using Tapatalk

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 3 months ago #216152 by
actually those balls that could float and be reloaded into cannon guns would be great for jetskis

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi