What do you choose as a duelist or involved an encounter?

More
8 years 3 months ago #215821 by Edan

Kitsu Tails wrote: Not everything can be solved by "Talking"

Jedi should be willing to admit and recognize that.

If this was towards my post.. you can speak about my comments directly..

It won't let me have a blank signature ...

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 3 months ago #215822 by
First of all, the obvious goal is to NOT be involved in such a thing. That is why the mind is the first and most powerful weapon a Jedi has. Failing that...

Assuming that I lived in a society in which duels were common I would use whatever was customary. Since I don't I'll have to pretend. I'm going to side with Kitsu on the pistol (although I prefer my Sig Sauer P938. I don't know if it's as cute as your Ruger but it's mine and I love it). Think Raiders of the Lost Ark. The bad guy with the sword gets all intimidating and Indy just looks at him and shoots him. (there was actually supposed to be a big fight scene there but Harrison Ford was suffering from dysentery so they had to change it :woohoo: ) Fights over, we're closed.

If it had to be swords I'd hope the society I was in used larger heavier swords. I'm not that good with a rapier, my training is in the katana. I'm good with a broad sword but but I'd still rather fight someone with a katana. Because of that I'd rather my opponent also used a slightly heavier sword. I'd get stabbed too much if it was rapier v katana. The specifics of which swords work better against different swords is a much longer conversation because there are hundreds, maybe even thousands of different swords all of which have different purposes and would work differently against other variety of swords and armor and fighting styles, etc.

If we're talking about what I carry just everyday on the odd chance of being involved in something like that (which seems to be going up every day here in the good old US of A) I usually carry my above mentioned Sig and a knife. I've never had to use either one to defend myself or a loved one and I will gladly die of old age never having done so, but I'll carry both until I do.

If I knew I was walking in to something dangerous that wasn't a duel regulated by society I would probably have both of the guns I own in more easily accessible holsters (as opposed to concealed carry holsters) along with my knife(s) and maybe even a few other random weapons like escrima sticks, a short staff, even my sword, etc., if I could strap them on without impeding my movement too much. Maybe borrow my dad's AR since I don't personally own any long guns.

Sorry for the long response but, as Kitsu said, it was kind of vague so I wanted to give as complete an answer as possible with lots of context. And, as you can see, I've given this topic some thought. :laugh:

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 3 months ago #215824 by

Edan wrote: If this was towards my post.. you can speak about my comments directly..

I'll do it! :cheer:

Time for Teacher vs. Apprentice. :laugh: B)

Edan wrote: Probably Padme.. I'd rather work things out by talking and negotiation before I had to resort to violence.

Even Padme carried a blaster and didn't shy away from pulling the trigger in defense of herself and her people. She even took actions that she knew would plunge Naboo into war with the Trade Federation because the alternative was to be dominated by them.

But yes, she did do everything in her power to avoid both scenarios at all times.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 3 months ago #215826 by

Edan wrote:

Ummm 0_o ? Why must you assume the worst in someones comments? This had nothing to do with your's or anyone elses post......This is how debates and fights start. Could we not just assume the person commenting has their own reasons to believe as they do?

More
8 years 3 months ago - 8 years 3 months ago #215827 by Edan

Kitsu Tails wrote:

Edan wrote:

Ummm 0_o ? Why must you assume the worst in someones comments? This had nothing to do with your's or anyone elses post......This is how debates and fights start. Could we not just assume the person commenting has their own reasons to believe as they do?

There is no fight in my response. I'm afraid I assumed.. I was the only person who mentioned 'talking' and you said 'not everything can be solved by talking'...

Let's move on.

Last edit: 8 years 3 months ago by Edan.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 3 months ago #215841 by
Oh man! I forgot to include what I'd carry in the Star Wars universe.

A lightsaber. I'm thinking green. I've always like the green blades the best. A saber staff would be fun, but I think in the end a more traditional single blade saber is what I'd have.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 3 months ago #215855 by

Entropist wrote:

1. What would you choose as a duelist or carry into an unfortunate encounter seeking to involve you?
  2. Why this choice?

I wouldn't duel. Unfortunate encounter, avoid the encounter or run away.

I'm no sure what you are asking or looking for?

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 3 months ago #215859 by

Edan wrote:

Kitsu Tails wrote:

Edan wrote:

There is no fight in my response. I'm afraid I assumed.. I was the only person who mentioned 'talking' and you said 'not everything can be solved by talking'...

Let's move on.

I didn't say there were fights in your response :) I said assumptions like this can lead to them. It is better to assume the best in people rather than the worse.

I did not read your post so I did not know you said "Talking."

Talking - However is the Cliche Response of every good to do Jedi :) Talking is good and desirable. I like to think beyond the obvious though.

More
8 years 3 months ago - 8 years 3 months ago #215870 by Edan

Kitsu Tails wrote: Talking - However is the Cliche Response of every good to do Jedi :) Talking is good and desirable. I like to think beyond the obvious though.

It is not a cliche to desire peace before violence...

You should be careful about saying things like 'Jedi should'...

Last edit: 8 years 3 months ago by Edan.
The following user(s) said Thank You:

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 3 months ago - 8 years 3 months ago #215875 by

Edan wrote:

Kitsu Tails wrote: Talking - However is the Cliche Response of every good to do Jedi :) Talking is good and desirable. I like to think beyond the obvious though.

It is not a cliche to desire peace before violence...

You should be careful about saying things like 'Jedi should'...

I Should be careful about expressing my thoughts the way I feel? 0_o Just because I think 'Jedi Should' (because I do feel that way) dosn't mean you have to feel the same way nor have I ever said you are required to.

Again....Assumptions of bad instead of good....

But in any case. I have said my peace and only stated what I feel. I do not wish to derail any further so. *bows* Have a Merry Christmas folks.
Last edit: 8 years 3 months ago by .

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi