[Star Wars Forum] - EU Defunct?

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 3 months ago - 8 years 3 months ago #215560 by
Replied by on topic [Star Wars Forum] - EU Defunct?

Here, you want a great, recent quote, "I am Dark, because I am not yet light." ~Relan Volkum~

I freaking love that quote... haha...

Interesting, as this quote is not recent as I remember it, and is attributed to someone else.

Which tells me that while fiction is unforgettable, real people and the words attributed to them are. Mores the pity and actually making my point than anything else.

That puppet uttered the most memorable quote... "I'll be back", will allways be said as the Terminator, and that's just life...

I think you will never NOT hear that quoted... You will be dead a long time before that phrase stops, lol...

As for other quotes, well, we are all so new, would you recognize a great quote if you heard it? lol...

Arnold said that quote in many different guises, and I would argue say it is in his voice it is said.

Would I recognize a great quote if I heard it? Yes, as you will notice, the individuals I continually reference are all current and alive. Not just within Jedi circles, but in regards to most things. I think thats important actually.

At the FA, we actually have a running thread about quotes from actual Jedi and Sith walking around, as opposed to fiction.
Last edit: 8 years 3 months ago by .

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 3 months ago - 8 years 3 months ago #215570 by

Khaos wrote: Mores the pity and actually making my point than anything else

In all honesty I do not see how this is such a problem? Fiction. Non Fiction. Real People or images on the screen.

It dosn't matter where the lesson comes from. As long as people are able to learn from them. I am one of those people that learn from fiction far better than I do from real life people. Would you hinder my method of learning because you yourself wish to play the realism card?

This is why I hate that the new generation of Jedi are getting Hyper Realism about the path.

Learning from real people is awesome.

But there is nothing wrong with learning from fiction as well. After all....what is Fiction but a rendering of real life things?

You have your way....I have mine....

However on that note. I will say that for years and years the Jedi Gatherings used to carry around a Jedi Quote book where we would write down all the quotes and wise words said during the events....I am still fighting to get my paws on them XD haha

• Brenna
  • User
  • User
    Registered
  • I hear your voice on the wind, and I hear you call out my name
More
8 years 3 months ago #215580 by Brenna
I LOOOOOVE the EU. Always have. Even more than the movies.

But I dont think that its invalid just because it no longer matches up with the movies. After all... its not real. And we are here to look at the meaning behind the stories, not the stories themselves so what does it matter :)

Walking, stumbling on these shadowfeet

Part of the seduction of most religions is the idea that if you just say the right things and believe really hard, your salvation will be at hand.

With Jediism. No one is coming to save you. You have to get off your ass and do it yourself - Me
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jestor, , Breeze el Tierno

More
8 years 3 months ago - 8 years 3 months ago #215583 by Breeze el Tierno
The only real shame would be if they stopped printing the really good stories beacsue, well, they're good stories.

A good story has value all its own, canon or not.
Last edit: 8 years 3 months ago by Breeze el Tierno. Reason: spelling
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jestor, Brenna,

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 3 months ago - 8 years 3 months ago #215592 by

Cabur Senaar wrote: The only real shame would be if they stopped printing the really good stories beacsue, well, they're good stories.

A good story has value all its own, canon or not.

Actually, I am not concerned of this happening at all.

All of the EU is on digital format.

Certainly, you will get those that will argue for a "real book", but the information itself really will have a hard time being lost now, as we do not have to rely on "print" and can "print" it out as necessary, or just read it on your tablet.

Holocrons exist, after a fashion. Tablets, flash drives, etc.

Kind of like being....well, in Star Wars, or Star Trek.

:laugh:

• Brenna
  • User
  • User
    Registered
More
8 years 3 months ago #215608 by Brenna
I think we are missing a very important element to this.

The fact that they have moved away from the EU means that there is the potentional for a whole NEW EU!!!

Its like an alternative reality :D

Part of the seduction of most religions is the idea that if you just say the right things and believe really hard, your salvation will be at hand.

With Jediism. No one is coming to save you. You have to get off your ass and do it yourself - Me
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jestor,

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 3 months ago #215620 by

Brenna wrote: Its like an alternative reality :D

And in star wars that is quite possibly a "Real" thing XD haha

heck....Even in the stories I have written with my writing partners....we have revisited old plot lines in new ways and coined in the title with "AR" (Alternate Reality.")

• Brenna
  • User
  • User
    Registered
More
8 years 3 months ago #215695 by Brenna
Having just seen the movie.... im sticking with the EU.

The following user(s) said Thank You:

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 3 months ago #215699 by

Brenna wrote: Having just seen the movie.... im sticking with the EU.

+1

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 3 months ago #215705 by
I love that we're at a point where Star Wars is not sacred.

There's room enough in the Universe for all of us. haha. :D

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi