Force Awakens is PC

More
8 years 5 months ago - 8 years 5 months ago #206203 by Adder
Replied by Adder on topic Movie: Force Awakens
The thing is, white males are not any particular majority on the planet so why do they deserve to be front, centre and focus of all media? To assert they have some special place in media is backwards to your point... because historically it was white male's who had wealth and they only created a media culture which highlighted their own views because of that wealth and power.... it would be more balanced and fair to either 1. demonstrate equal numbers of variants in existence, or 2. demonstrate actual majorities as majorities and minorities as minorities... the later would see white males relegated to even fewer roles then currently. Unless the argument is for a early 20th century status quo... which might be romantic for those holding it but is unrealistic in the real world IMO.

IMO this movie is just a progressive interpretation of the existing franchise.... its much ado about nothing to read more into it. I'm not sure why racism still exists in society, it seems to be some inability to distinguish guilt from individuals and groups - and I'd say represents some accumulation of real or imagined abuse by individuals who happen to fit into a group. That or just run of the mill attention seeking victim mentality.

Anyway, it's an obvious derail of the thread, and given the apparent interest in the topic I'll look at splitting the topic.

Knight ~ introverted extropian, mechatronic neurothealogizing, technogaian buddhist. Likes integration, visualization, elucidation and transformation.
Jou ~ Deg ~ Vlo ~ Sem ~ Mod ~ Med ~ Dis
TM: Grand Master Mark Anjuu
Last edit: 8 years 5 months ago by Adder.
The following user(s) said Thank You: RyuJin
The topic has been locked.
  • RyuJin
  • Master
  • Master
    Registered
  • The Path of Ignorance is Paved with Fear
More
8 years 5 months ago - 8 years 5 months ago #206204 by RyuJin
Replied by RyuJin on topic Movie: Force Awakens
Adder wrote:

i'm not sure why racism still exists in society

simple answer provided by ron white....."because you can't fix stupid"

:woohoo:

Warning: Spoiler!

Quotes:

J.L.Lawson,Master Knight, M.div, Eastern Studies S.I.G. Advisor (Formerly Known as the Buddhist Rite)
Former Masters: GM Kana Seiko Haruki , Br.John
Current Apprentices: Baru
Former Apprentices:Adhara(knight), Zenchi (knight)
Last edit: 8 years 5 months ago by RyuJin.
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 5 months ago #206205 by
Replied by on topic Movie: Force Awakens
Because *WE BUILT THIS CIVILIZATION* and deserve to have a safe space for our own kind, not hijacked by people hostile to us.
  • RyuJin
  • Master
  • Master
    Registered
More
8 years 5 months ago - 8 years 5 months ago #206208 by RyuJin
funny....i'm pretty sure the white man STOLE most of america from the native americans...and forced the non white immigrants to build and maintain it....

and the only hostility i've encountered has always been from white people bearing swastikas and white hoods....

Quotes:

J.L.Lawson,Master Knight, M.div, Eastern Studies S.I.G. Advisor (Formerly Known as the Buddhist Rite)
Last edit: 8 years 5 months ago by RyuJin.
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 5 months ago #206209 by
I'm pretty sure this thread should be titled "Privileged White Dude With Overblown Sense Of Entitlement Can't Handle The Concept Of A Film Franchise That Gives Aliens And Droids As Much Screen-Time As Humans Having Real Diversity".

Heaven forbid if they made a side movie telling the story of Yoda, the idea of Hollywood casting someone completely devoid of Aryan features to play the lead role of a two-foot tall, wrinkled green Muppet could very well cause your world to implode.
More
8 years 5 months ago #206211 by Adder
Look I reject the species and technology discrimination, droids are people too OK :pinch: :P

Knight ~ introverted extropian, mechatronic neurothealogizing, technogaian buddhist. Likes integration, visualization, elucidation and transformation.
The following user(s) said Thank You: RyuJin, Avalon,
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 5 months ago #206214 by
Racism. Sexism. Anti-Jewish-ism? Don't remember the word for that but I do know this isn't the place.

We are better than this ladies and gentleman.
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 5 months ago #206215 by
Ohh lookie...it's a sad little troll being a sad little troll.. :laugh:
  • RyuJin
  • Master
  • Master
    Registered
More
8 years 5 months ago #206216 by RyuJin
WarFightersBias wrote:

Racism. Sexism. Anti-Jewish-ism? Don't remember the word for that but I do know this isn't the place.

We are better than this ladies and gentleman.

the term is "antisemitism" but yeah you are correct...

Quotes:

More
8 years 5 months ago - 8 years 5 months ago #206217 by Adder
OK the topics CoG has shifted to persons IMO, so I'll lock it now :blink:

* CoG = centre of gravity

Last edit: 8 years 5 months ago by Adder.
Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi