Psychic abilites

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 4 months ago #80932 by
Replied by on topic Re: Psychic abilites
I have been told I am Empathic. I 'feel' emotions. It's not a strong ability, but when things get intense, I feel it.
It's why I never am comfortable around people. Two many emotions running rampant if you know what I mean. If I have to go out, I've begun to practice sinking my essence into the ground and creating a Shield around me. It helps unless there's a huge amount of emotions, like a fight, or someone's extremely sad or in pain.

It's an exercise I learned from a Druid Grove a while back. One of them told me to think of myself as a Tree, sinking roots into the ground and the limbs reaching for the sky and the bark of the tree is the shield to protect me from the emotions of other.

I dunno if it would work for anyone else. But I'm open to suggestions as to improve on this.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 4 months ago #80938 by
Another thing that may help release the emotions picked up from others is to after pushing the negative emotions into the ground; to visualize white light (any color; associated with purity; happiness;peace) and inhale/absorb those emotions.
I have been an Empath my whole life and dealing with psychic sludge of others emotions is very prevalent.
The benefit to absorbing "neutral" energy is that it doesn't allow for negative energy to flood the vacancy provided by this exercise.

There are a lot more and I am happy to explain them if interested. Again, this works well for me, it may not work as well for other empaths out there. But its a good place to start.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 4 months ago #80945 by
This is a topic I have extensive knowledge of and experience in, I prefer not to discuss it in public however.

Anyone who would like can PM me for private discussion however.

MTFBY

• RyuJin
  • Master
  • Master
    Registered
  • The Path of Ignorance is Paved with Fear
More
11 years 4 months ago #80962 by RyuJin
Replied by RyuJin on topic Re: Psychic abilites

Masque wrote: I have been told I am Empathic. I 'feel' emotions. It's not a strong ability, but when things get intense, I feel it.
It's why I never am comfortable around people. Two many emotions running rampant if you know what I mean. If I have to go out, I've begun to practice sinking my essence into the ground and creating a Shield around me. It helps unless there's a huge amount of emotions, like a fight, or someone's extremely sad or in pain.

It's an exercise I learned from a Druid Grove a while back. One of them told me to think of myself as a Tree, sinking roots into the ground and the limbs reaching for the sky and the bark of the tree is the shield to protect me from the emotions of other.

I dunno if it would work for anyone else. But I'm open to suggestions as to improve on this.

this is the same reason i avoid crowds...too strong of an emotion and it becomes mine...i also use the same trick to shield myself, but no one taught it to me...i just sort of figured it out, even still if i'm surrounded by too much of a strong emotion it eventaully becomes mine whether i resonate or not...

Warning: Spoiler!

Quotes:
Warning: Spoiler!

J.L.Lawson,Master Knight, M.div, Eastern Studies S.I.G. Advisor (Formerly Known as the Buddhist Rite)
Former Masters: GM Kana Seiko Haruki , Br.John
Current Apprentices: Baru
Former Apprentices:Adhara(knight), Zenchi (knight)

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi