Discussion One - U

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 11 months ago #2303 by
Replied by on topic Re:Discussion One - U
Twsoundsoff wrote:

However, John, what I was trying to point out in my initial post was that it is impossible to answer this question without describing an action. Not because we are defined by our actions but because of the question itself. the questions is \"Who are you\". but the real root in this question is \"Are\". \"Are\" is the second singular form of \"Be\" which is a verb meaning to exist. and to exist is a verb, it's an action. So in order to answer this question, we must be able to use other actions as proof of being.

You're right! You know I know you know where this is leading because you told me. Since you've been through a similar class - Congratulations -You've just become the TA of this seminar. [Teaching Assistant]

Make sure I don't miss anything and of course your Saturday comments should be fun.

Br. John
The topic has been locked.
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 11 months ago #2304 by
War_Beauty wrote:

Who am i? I am an itelligence. A being and soul as old as God himself. I am all power, all knowledge and all things.

That is true but how did you know that?

Br. John
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 11 months ago #2305 by
HesinRaca wrote:

Who I am.

I am Cedric. I am man, and animal. Am guided by the wolf, and sometimes the bear or hawk. I am twenty years of age, but mentally beyond that marker. I exhist in time and space. I am made of three parts, body, mind, and soul, and within those parts exhists emotion and thought. I flow through my environment learning and growing, ever absorbing. I am a student, a teacher, a metalsmith, a craftsman, a scholar, and an explorer. I am english, french, german, welsh, irish, and native american, among other minute portions. I am not tall, nor am I short. I like greens and blues and shades of the earth. I am dominantly of the Earth and Fire elements, but do not lack for air or water. I am most at home among the trees and plants of the forest, but am comfortable living most anywhere. I am a son and a brother, a cousin and a nephew. I am a hero to some, and an example to others. I am ancient druidic wiccan, and I am a Jedi. I am a solitary man, but greatly desire a companion. I blend with society when I can; forge my own path when I choose. I am alive. I am one with all and yet entirely my own. I am made of organs and pieces, which are in turn made of cells, composed of molecules and atoms, built from subatomic particles of which for all we know are constructed with quarks and possibly even further units. I share these base elements of construction and creation with everything else in the universe. I am a believer in the God and Godess, or just God, or even less specific, the omniscient entity of the universe. I prefer my specifics but I hold firmly to none, lest I hamper my own minimal understanding of the non-understandable. I am one of many and yet entirely unique, part of a type, and yet solitary in character.

I am Cedric.

Where There's A Witch There's A Way.

Blessed Be,

Br. John
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 11 months ago #2306 by
Serric wrote:

I am passion. Passion for the endeavors I undertake and passion in the life I lead that was brought about by my Latin roots. I am a both a giver and an unashamed receiver. I am outdated in my views on religion, law and order and the work ethic that started this great country. I am a reborn child of God and not ashamed to share my beliefs in any of my passions. I am.

I'm curious as to how you feel your views are outdated?

Br. John
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 11 months ago #2330 by
I am a pin-point of light in the darkness. A luminous being, to borrow a quote from one of our favorite movies. I am an accumilation of matter. I am energy contained in the shell made of that matter. I am the matter and energy that makes up the universe. I am knowledge, power, strength, and ability, but no better than anyone else that lacks or is weak in knowledge, power, strength and ability.
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 11 months ago #2331 by
Jeff wrote:

I am a pin-point of light in the darkness. A luminous being, to borrow a quote from one of our favorite movies. I am an accumilation of matter. I am energy contained in the shell made of that matter. I am the matter and energy that makes up the universe. I am knowledge, power, strength, and ability, but no better than anyone else that lacks or is weak in knowledge, power, strength and ability.

\"Not Without Cause\" Are you sure about that? ... you're going to like this seminar and the readings. Glad you joined us.

Br. John
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 11 months ago #2355 by
I am. To say more is to...in all reality...lie to myself and others.
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 11 months ago #2360 by
i am Daniel Luckie.I am a student of the world. I am the only one that can carry my name throughout history. I am ready to listen and ready to speak.
but most of all im am ME
Devotion: I will always change, but I will always be myself.
  • Jon
  • User
  • User
    Inactive
  • May the Dark Side of the Force serve you well!
More
16 years 11 months ago #2372 by Jon
Replied by Jon on topic Re:Discussion One - U
I am many. The people who I meet see me in a multitude of ways, in ways that I probably am not aware of or probably don`t want to know about:( . I am each day a different person, with different visions, goals, ideals, experiences, moods, health conditions.... . I am a synthesis of cause and effect. I cannot garantee anything because I don`t know who I am tomorrow. The only thing I know is I don`t know. The only garantee is I will change, after all I am not dead. This only thing I feel and am convinced of is the Force which makes me one with the other. Whether I am open to this or will continue to be open to this I do not know. I am a mystery.

The author of the TOTJO simple and solemn oath, the liturgy book, holy days, the FAQ and the Canon Law. Ordinant of GM Mark and Master Jestor.
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 11 months ago #2379 by
Well, I guess because I consider myself more of a traditionalist and am not open to the \"new and enlightened\" understanding of the Bible and Christianity. This goes back to the other post where there was some discussion about homosexuality, but for me there should not be an acceptance of this lifestyle (and note that I said lifestyle and not people) nor should they be instructing form the pulpit. As quoted in the movie \"Matinee\", \"there's no first amendment to the 10 commandments\". There is just a little too much bending on the rules to try to accomodate today's society. The Bible was written with the expressed purpose of being relevant for all eternity. THAT is why I sometimes feel outdated on my beliefs.
Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi