Discussion One - U

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 10 months ago #2830 by
Replied by on topic Re:Discussion One - U
Br. Serric, I agree, that if you just open it up and read, you will find any of many great messages. I was a Christian for several years, and do know how you should pray before you read the Bible and after your finished. However, those of us that no longer believe in a deity would have a hard time praying to anything. So for people like myself, instead of praying before reading it or any other book full of wonderful insight, meditation before and after is very beneficial.

DK
The topic has been locked.
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 10 months ago #2834 by
Well, as much as it saddens me to hear about people that used to believe and are now likened to the seed that is scattered on the side of the road and the road itself, you make a good point Brother Dhagon. If you do not believe in a Savior as I do, then your meditation before and after is in the same arena of thought. And just for clarification, there are many passages in the Old Testament against homosexuality. But depending on whom you talk to, some say that the rules of the Old Testament do not technically apply to us because we have the grace given us by the sacrifice of Jesus Christ for our sins. So again, its basically yes and no. For me? No. But it's a free country.
More
16 years 10 months ago - 15 years 3 months ago #2836 by Garm
Replied by Garm on topic Re:Discussion One - U
On the topic of sexual alignement (homosexuality) I believe that people have the right to make their own choices. Prime Minister Pierre Trudeau once said that the Government should keep their noses out of peoples bed rooms. Religion maybe should do the same. Personally I do not agree with the practice but however, Who am I to pass judgement on another human being?

Lenny
Jedi Knight
Last edit: 15 years 3 months ago by Garm.
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 10 months ago #2839 by
Well said Br. Lenny, I couldn't agree more.

DK
  • Jon
  • User
  • User
    Inactive
  • May the Dark Side of the Force serve you well!
More
16 years 10 months ago #2847 by Jon
Replied by Jon on topic Re:Discussion One - U
Dead right Br.Lenny, I couldn`t agree with you more.

The author of the TOTJO simple and solemn oath, the liturgy book, holy days, the FAQ and the Canon Law. Ordinant of GM Mark and Master Jestor.
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 10 months ago #2855 by
Br. Lenny, you are on point, yet again.
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 10 months ago #2895 by
In response to the original topic of this thread, \"Who am I?\" I answer simply \"...\" (that's an elipses btw, which I only write because that was the order given, post a reply answering who you were).

Serric, there is a passage written by St. Paul in one of his epistles about \"the effiminate will not enter the kingdom of heaven\", which you will find by looking up the word \"effiminate\" in your concordance. I, however, choose not to get into such debates as to the lifestyles of individuals, as a wise man once said \"all roads lead to Christ\". Now, Christ was the expected godhead of Yahweh, and the revelation of all man to come into reconciliation with God, which message Jesus did profess in my modest opinion. However, this being said, I do believe in the message of Joseph Cambell in one of his seminars, that with the changing of times, so must the myth of the religion be adopted by other metaphors. \"Do this and you've got it\", as he put it. This is and should not be considered, a putting away of Jesus, the Trinity of Yahweh and the Spirit, as Christian's, and especially Catholic's interpret it; but more an opening of the mind and broadening of the senses, as this seminar and faith is designed to bring us to. Thus, in my opinion, you have all made great points, and I look forward to spending more time discussing these matters with all of you.
May the Force be With you.
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 9 months ago #3565 by
Who am i......
I am the spirit trapped inside a body,
a benenovelent force always asking,
the mind packed away from the world,
simply Who Am I Cannot be foretold in this World.

May the Force Be With You

Cale

Jedi Youngling
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 9 months ago #3568 by
Well i am Karol Stryszowski (my really name and Say Karol like Carl)
Im 15 years old. I use to be roman catholic. i care for my friends and family.
Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi