Dark Matter Apparently is Midichlorians

More
8 years 3 months ago #216491 by Zenchi

Almeida wrote: The Grey Jedi Code means nothing here.

To you perhaps, let's not derail here...

My Word is my Honor, and my Honor is my Life ~ Sturm Brightblade
Passion, yet Serenity
Knighted Apprentice Arisaig
TM- RyuJin

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 3 months ago #216492 by

Zenchi wrote:

For TOTJO as a whole, the Grey Jedi Code means nothing. Some individuals may relate to it, but it's not something that TOTJO abides by.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 3 months ago #216496 by
It may not be our code; that doesn't make it meaningless.

The Joseph Campbell lectures aren't part of our doctrine, either. Does that render them useless?

I believe Jedi seek the lesson in all things.

More
8 years 3 months ago - 8 years 3 months ago #216497 by Zenchi

Almeida wrote:

Zenchi wrote:

For TOTJO as a whole, the Grey Jedi Code means nothing. Some individuals may relate to it, but it's not something that TOTJO abides by.

That's beauty of the site is there so many people from different beliefs sharing the experience, their knowledge and their opinions. Doesn't mean it's any less valid just because it's not an official stance on the TOTJO, and also does not mean it does not have any validity in the forums. Start another thread, stop derailing and allow those who have earned knighthood to speak for the temple...

My Word is my Honor, and my Honor is my Life ~ Sturm Brightblade
Passion, yet Serenity
Knighted Apprentice Arisaig
TM- RyuJin
Last edit: 8 years 3 months ago by Zenchi.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kit

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 3 months ago #216507 by
Magic is just a cheap trick once you know how it works. Some people like to keep the illusion and others prefer to know the world in which they live.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 3 months ago #216517 by

Zenchi wrote:

Almeida wrote:

Zenchi wrote:

That's beauty of the site is there so many people from different beliefs sharing the experience, their knowledge and their opinions. Doesn't mean it's any less valid just because it's not an official stance on the TOTJO, and also does not mean it does not have any validity in the forums. Start another thread, stop derailing and allow those who have earned knighthood to speak for the temple...

Lol. I just replied what he mentioned, I didn't derail. And I didn't know you can't state your opinion unless you're knighted.

And @tzb, Campbell is part of our initiate program. Saying it's not part of the doctrine is not necessarily correct. The Grey Jedi code, however, is something some people follow but that has no relation whatsoever with the doctrine, nor it is condoned by TOTJO, and that's what I replied to, because the way he said it made me think he was considering it part of the doctrine.

I replied to what the OP said, I'm not the one derailing here.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 3 months ago - 8 years 3 months ago #216528 by
What makes you think it's "not condoned" by TOTJO? You're being presented with several members of TOTJO who condone it. Currently, you seem to be the only person who does not condone it... TOTJO is an inclusive environment.

Campbell is not part of our doctrine any more than any other of our training materials are. As teaching masters have made lessons on the Grey code, the Sith code, the virtues of Bushido, the Chivalric code and countless other codes as part of formal apprenticeship training programmes, I suggest you consider whether you may be missing the point somewhat.

No knowledge, no wisdom, is "meaningless" to Jedi. Our learning is not confined to the very few materials in our doctrine and IP, friend. If it were, we would be very poor students of the Force.
Last edit: 8 years 3 months ago by .

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 3 months ago - 8 years 3 months ago #216534 by
so frankly as i was reading all this i really got derailed from the actual discussion because of the need to bicker and carry on. The Actual intelligent conversation here is largely dead. Perhaps its because I haven't had enough coffee yet but frankly this is dumb. I agree with Zenchi and tzb

i will now go do something more constructive then reading this thread LOL
Last edit: 8 years 3 months ago by .

More
8 years 3 months ago #216572 by Kohadre
Regardless of how we choose to define something, what it actually is remains unchanged.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

So long and thanks for all the fish
The following user(s) said Thank You:

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 3 months ago #216946 by

tzb wrote: What makes you think it's "not condoned" by TOTJO? You're being presented with several members of TOTJO who condone it. Currently, you seem to be the only person who does not condone it... TOTJO is an inclusive environment.

Campbell is not part of our doctrine any more than any other of our training materials are. As teaching masters have made lessons on the Grey code, the Sith code, the virtues of Bushido, the Chivalric code and countless other codes as part of formal apprenticeship training programmes, I suggest you consider whether you may be missing the point somewhat.

No knowledge, no wisdom, is "meaningless" to Jedi. Our learning is not confined to the very few materials in our doctrine and IP, friend. If it were, we would be very poor students of the Force.

Ok then. Not here anymore.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi