Lightsabers are now possible

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 6 months ago #162089 by
http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2013/09/26/light-solid-lightsabers-nature_n_3996982.html

Game set match...Jedi win lol
If I can just please have a lightsaber before I die lol

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 5 months ago #163024 by
Replied by on topic Lightsabers are now possible
Very cool :) I gave up on the idea of having an actual lightsaber long ago, but it would be cool to see one before I die. :silly:

More
9 years 5 months ago #163026 by Alexandre Orion
Hell, I'm still amazed by cigarette lighters .... :blink:

:lol:

Be a philosopher ; but, amidst all your philosophy, be still a man.
~ David Hume

Chaque homme a des devoirs envers l'homme en tant qu'homme.
~ Henri Bergson
[img
The following user(s) said Thank You: J_Roz, Zenchi, Carlos.Martinez3, , Breeze el Tierno

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 5 months ago #163044 by
I have a few led flashlights.i have a cool woods to kinda go to connect with the force.i was there one night and heard an animal.lol mint was like the scene in empire....controlling fear.i had a cool toy one that made cool sounds and made the shhhhhtttt woooomf that was cool.one would think it would be a kind of fusion beam that would maintain a beam to a crates in length..if one was to place laser pointers in a circle the have a steel blade like the ones euwan & Haden used spare with off set then a mirror at the top they might keep the laser pointers beam intact.like a mirror disc placed at the end the pointers might make a cool effect.im tapped out at the moment.someboy try it I'd love to hear if it works may the force be with you when you are calm& and at peace

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 5 months ago #163050 by
I knew one day they'd figure out a way. Someday pretty much anything will be possible with the way technology is advancing.

More
9 years 4 months ago #171496 by a67
Replied by a67 on topic Lightsabers are now possible
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xylcmh_sci-fi-science-le-sabre-laser-hd_tech

More
9 years 4 months ago #171499 by Cyan Sarden

GreyJedi wrote: http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2013/09/26/light-solid-lightsabers-nature_n_3996982.html

Game set match...Jedi win lol
If I can just please have a lightsaber before I die lol

It's just sad that it's apparently easier to make an actual lightsaber than it is to cure cancer.

Do not look for happiness outside yourself. The awakened seek happiness inside.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 4 months ago #171506 by
Es más fácil crear un sable-laser porque da dinero , la cura del cancer no interesa pues la enfermedad da mucho beneficio.

More
9 years 4 months ago #171511 by Cyan Sarden

Vázquez wrote: Es más fácil crear un sable-laser porque da dinero , la cura del cancer no interesa pues la enfermedad da mucho beneficio.

I'm not saying that creating a lightsaber wouldn't be beyond cool - but a cure for cancer would definitely generate the company that pulls it off enormous profits.

Anyway, back OT.

Do not look for happiness outside yourself. The awakened seek happiness inside.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 4 months ago #171534 by
We would just need a way to keep the cloud of rubidium in the shape of a blade and it could be done, but most likely not handheld (yet). And this was done in a vacuum chamber so we have no way of knowing what the photons will do in our atmosphere even if we can keep them in the rubidium. They might just disperse anyway. A blade-length properly magnetized rod could keep everything in the right spot, but when it's turned off it wouldn't be much different than carrying around a sword.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi