Life is easy, why make it hard?

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 9 months ago #151580 by
Replied by on topic Life is easy, why make it hard?

Hunting and fishing would have been work to someone who did not like that aspect of the lifestyle, and no work at all to someone who enjoyed it...

Which is my point.

Now, hunting is for sport, or choice of lifestyle, in a sense one can enjoy it, because there is a choice available to not do it.

Doing it day in, and day out, sometimes with nothing to show for it, etc, makes it not a lifestyle choice, but a survival necessity.

Cleaning fish, skinning,gutting, and cutting up an animal, then making strips to dry, or depending on the climate and geography, smoke,(no modern convenience in the process, machines, etc) or in some other way preserve it(no refrigerator) makes for alot more effort, work, etc.

Ever have to take game back to camp?

That in itself can take alot of work and manpower, even by todays standards.

Just getting the hunting grounds, as you have no four wheelers, etc.

I dont think people appreciate how much easier things actually are.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 9 months ago #151581 by
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=byYudiyCBnQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TktOmpa7Z8Q

• ren
    Registered
  • Not anywhere near the back of the bus
More
9 years 9 months ago #151582 by ren
Replied by ren on topic Life is easy, why make it hard?
I wanted to put this in the IP:

https://www.youtube.com/v/V5QPL757PPU?start=50&end=807

Convictions are more dangerous foes of truth than lies.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 10 months ago #287175 by
Life is not easy, it's hard. As it should be, these difficulties create a resilience and wisdom that is needed. Sadly, some members of my generation (millennials). Do not understand that and are trying to form life in there little bubble. I hope that this can be beaten by the others.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 10 months ago #287760 by
Life is easy if we let it be. Hard and easy are chosen perspectives. I have found that most people make their life "hard" or "challenging" because this is "cool". More people talk about how horrible our lives are than what is good about our lives. How many conversations to you have about good times and positive moment in your life verses how bad moments are?

There is pain, but pain does not have to be suffering.

Also, I feel that we are addicted to suffering and pain. we enjoy the intensity and drama. We are generally addicted to anger and all the responses we have to anger. So we make life "hard". Or you can "get over it". Take the challenge and talk about positive or affirmative things for as long as you can - like a day.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi