How Many Heads Do You Have?

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 years 10 months ago #107808 by
Replied by on topic How Many Heads Do You Have?
If you line up two mirrors facing each other and stand between them you see your reflection eternally reflected in both mirrors.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 years 10 months ago #107811 by

Jestor wrote:

soya wrote:

Jestor wrote:

Soya wrote: Now can we really call mind2 a mind? It doesn't actually do any thinking, it's a mere model.

It observes....

Which is how we should being mind1 as well, right?

Not thinking, not judging, just observing...

Does it really observe? If I make a robot, or more properly an android, and put a brain in it, but only a model of a brain, all the computer chips and motors being in the central cavity, does this brain observe?

If I put the wings of a bird on a elephant, can it fly?

Did you build the robot to observe? The 'roomba' robot observes, however elementary, its environment so as to be able to vacuum a room...

Or would you make one out of a chunk of clay that does not even have the promise of doing any thinking?

Not the robot, the brain. The model of the brain is just a chunk of clay, the robot properly observes with its robot eyes to the internal workings in its stomach.

Jestor wrote:

The model of me, inside my head, might move and speak, but only as I see myself doing. The brain or mind in that model doesn't actually do anything.

You may perceive your brain or mind translating all those signals, from outside of your mind, but when I perceive my mind working, my brain translating signals from my eyes, translating signals from my brain to my mouth, I do it from my thought processing center, inside the same mind.

Sure, someone else said 'levels', so run with that...:)

Your description of how you see your brain, are like looking into a glass box, holding a working model of the room you're in.

I have that same room, that same glass box, but all it is is a glass box.

If i want to see my thoughts I don't look into the box at my computer, I turn away from the box and look at my computer.

If I want to see my vision, I look at my tv, not into the glass box at the miniatures of the room.

Perhaps I am not being clear enough...:)

Imagine you are watching yourself on tv... You dont really know what the actor is going to do, but you watch it...

Its like that...

Now, look at it like a video game...

You control the guy a bit... You make him pickup a stick,however, you didnt make him crouch down, extend his hand, grasp the stick, and straighten back up...

All you did, via the controller, was say, 'grab the stick'...

Be the controller...

I understand what you're saying. I'm just saying I see it differently. I force myself to see it differently, so I can have more control over the animal side of me.

Instead of playing that same game with the xbox controller you're using, I'm playing with the kinect.

Instead of pressing x and he crouches down and grabs it, I have to crouch down and extend my hand.

I perceive it differently, because I choose to.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 6 months ago #163114 by

Adder wrote: BUT I'd also suggest that we can create new alternate subjective universes through visualization (eg dreams). It's just they will not be incorporated so completely with our brain's function to exist in such high fidelity as our subjective interpretation of the objective universe, which is reinforced every fraction of a second by our sensory systems.

I reject your reality and substitute my own. :P

More
9 years 6 months ago #163119 by Breeze el Tierno
So, it's elephants all the way down.

Or, rather, I am elephants all the way down.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 6 months ago #164490 by
This post is so fascinating. I wished I had read it sooner. Awesome job. Don't let any negative things hold you down because you have a heck of a lot potential.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi