• RyuJin
  • Master
  • Master
    Registered
  • The Path of Ignorance is Paved with Fear
More
11 years 4 months ago #79305 by RyuJin
Replied by RyuJin on topic Re: Magick and Astronomy

csmith wrote: As for astrology as a whole, I won't say its bs, because I can't prove it is, but I will say that there are not very many people that are capable of using it accurately enough for me to take a fortune telling at face value.

That's it exactly....

Over the years I've only met two people that were worth a darn...they were so accurate it was amazing...and they were married to each other....

Warning: Spoiler!

Quotes:

J.L.Lawson,Master Knight, M.div, Eastern Studies S.I.G. Advisor (Formerly Known as the Buddhist Rite)
Former Masters: GM Kana Seiko Haruki , Br.John
Current Apprentices: Baru
Former Apprentices:Adhara(knight), Zenchi (knight)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 4 months ago - 11 years 4 months ago #79310 by
Replied by on topic Re: Magick and Astronomy
Uh huh, but you do realize that this is in the pagan studies, right, and not general discussions? So, it's great that you don't believe, but if you're not pagan then why try to define words for pagans? Sure there are dictionary definitions but not everybody defines words the same.

I agree, astrology is the "crazier" of the two which is why I used the word astronomy. For me it's a valid swap for how I'm viewing the article and the issue in my mind. Because this article wasn't about horoscopes and instead was on planetary alignments and maybe its influence on our world then why can't we use the term astronomy? Who's it hurting? And if astronomy is the study of objects in space then the term seems fitting whether or not it's being used to discuss pagany issues. :side:
Last edit: 11 years 4 months ago by .

• RyuJin
  • Master
  • Master
    Registered
  • The Path of Ignorance is Paved with Fear
More
11 years 4 months ago #79314 by RyuJin
Replied by RyuJin on topic Re: Magick and Astronomy
Most of the pagans I know study both astronomy and astrology since astrology is dependant upon the knowledge provided by astronomy...

Quotes:

J.L.Lawson,Master Knight, M.div, Eastern Studies S.I.G. Advisor (Formerly Known as the Buddhist Rite)
Former Masters: GM Kana Seiko Haruki , Br.John
Current Apprentices: Baru
Former Apprentices:Adhara(knight), Zenchi (knight)

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi