Shadow Being

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 7 months ago #72164 by
Shadow Being was created by
I'm a skeptic on mysticism but my horizons are broadening.

My fiance has been seeing a shadow being more or less all her life. It is a wispy, noncorporeal being akin to something wearing a cloak or hood and robes. She can constantly feel its presence within the house and notices it moving around to avoid me. She's starting to get protective of our son because of it.

What the hell is it and how do I get rid of it?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 7 months ago #72175 by
Replied by on topic Re: Shadow Being
I'm not a believer in ghosts, apparitions, spirit e.t.c but if your fiancée does then I would suggest an exorcism if you want rid of it.

If you're looking for a more substantial answer though; and I mean no malice when I say this, but maybe it's medical. Human shaped visions can appear with Neurological & Psychological disorders. I know this from personal experience.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 7 months ago #72176 by
I hear no malice and take no offence, Seraph. I'm no believer and I've still not ruled it out that it's in her head. She grew up in a bad place and I wouldn't be surprised if it's risidual scarring from a childhood memory.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 7 months ago #72196 by
That's an interesting thought, Williamkaede. Some people believe we can create our own poltergeists. I'd suggest looking up shadow people, ghosts, poltergeists and the such on the internet. Because it could be so many things (spiritual or not) you and your lovely fiancée know what to look for best.

http://www.magickaschool.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=26768&hilit=shadow+people

Here's a link to a site where people are giving their ideas on what shadow people could be and ways that you may be able to rid yourself of it.

I hope you find what you're looking for and congratulations on the engagement. That's got to be exciting :)

More
11 years 7 months ago #72208 by Alethea Thompson
Replied by Alethea Thompson on topic Re: Shadow Being
Exorcism only works as well as the exorcised believes it did after the process- and then only if they make a "contract", so-to-speak, with the deity that was used in the exorcism. It's too bad you aren't in the states- though there may be another method.

I am sure you have Skype, shoot me a PM and we can hopefully talk through voice. I've been having to coach one of my apprentices on this very matter (involving a friend of his).

Gather at the River,
Setanaoko Oceana

More
11 years 7 months ago #72219 by Lykeios Little Raven
Could be so many things. I wouldn't try to get rid of it at all myself unless it was causing significant issues or it was in fact a psychological issue that my fiance was experiencing (in which case its really not within my power to "get rid of" anyway). It all depends on the individual circumstances I feel.

“Now I do not know whether I was then a man dreaming I was a butterfly, or whether I am now a butterfly, dreaming I am a man.” -Zhuangzi

“Though, as the crusade presses on, I find myself altogether incapable of staying here in saftey while others shed their blood for such a noble and just cause. For surely must the Almighty be with us even in the sundering of our nation. Our fight is for freedom, for liberty, and for all the principles upon which that aforementioned nation was built.” - Patrick “Madman of Galway” O'Dell

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 7 months ago #72417 by
UPDATE:

It's gone again. It's a recurring thing. Going to look into it further.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 4 months ago #80753 by
If I may step into the discussion here. I see shadow beings a lot, both humanoid and animal. *Yes, there are such things as animal shadows*

If you truly think your wife is being bothered by this being, ask it to leave, permanently. But if it is centered around your wife, I think it has to be her decision to tell it to leave.

She has to tell it to go and mean it. After that, smudge the house with burning sage smoke and.. hrmmm.. here's a suggestion. Put salt around the outside of your home and across your doorway. Salt is the purest form of cleansing materials next to fire and I don't think burning would do much good.

Again, it has to be her decision to make it leave because the shadow being seems to be attached to her.

I'm hoping this helps. Keep us updated.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 4 months ago #80755 by
I guess every possible help has already been posted, so I'll just suggest an elderly wizard. I believe that he's got to be the servant of the flame of Anor, but I think he should be easy to find. He's shining all over the place.

P.S. I'm taking the problem itself seriously.

• RyuJin
  • Master
  • Master
    Registered
  • The Path of Ignorance is Paved with Fear
More
11 years 4 months ago #80775 by RyuJin
Replied by RyuJin on topic Re: Shadow Being
An exorcism can make things worse in some cases...really more info is needed....it could be in her head...even still that doesn't make it any less real to her...it could be a spirit...if it isn't causing any harm then simply asking it to leave should work....the thing with spirits is that your spiritual power is greater than theirs because it includes life force....the one that wants a spirit to leave has to make it leave and mean it, focusing their spiritual power on that goal...charms and spells only work if the individual fully believes...when they do their spiritual power is focused....

Then again she could have latent psychic abilities that are manifesting it as an outlet ...I've had this sort of thing happen myself...I tried to find the most logical non paranormal answer when it happened...then after 3 years of it happening I opened up to other possible solutions...which after experimenting I found it was me creating the activity...since then it hasn't happened again...that was 3 years ago...that wasn't the end of odd things happening though...and through more experimenting I've learned to use my energy to force out unwanted "guests"...and as a just in case I made sure to learn a few charms/spells/ and blessings

Warning: Spoiler!

Quotes:
Warning: Spoiler!

J.L.Lawson,Master Knight, M.div, Eastern Studies S.I.G. Advisor (Formerly Known as the Buddhist Rite)
Former Masters: GM Kana Seiko Haruki , Br.John
Current Apprentices: Baru
Former Apprentices:Adhara(knight), Zenchi (knight)

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi