My Apologies...

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 6 months ago #78977 by
My Apologies... was created by
Let my start by saying that I’m not a “fan” of drama. It was not my intention to make a “dramatic exit” and it is even less my intention to make a “dramatic re-entry”. But I feel that I owe an apology to the entire community for a specific comment I made on my way out. For those who don’t know, or don’t know what comment I feel I need to apologize for, I stated that I thought the leadership of this community exhibited all the compassion and tolerance of the Westboro Baptist Church. That was extreme and uncalled for, not to mention demonstrating more than a little intolerance myself, and I am truly sorry. I cannot explain what was going through my mind while writing that. I cannot explain what came over me that made me feel like I needed to “lash out” and “storm off”. I can only offer my most sincere and humble apologies for any discomfort I have caused in the manner of my leaving.

The only thing close to an explanation I can come up with is basically that I had certain preconceived notions about who you are as a community, what Jediism is as a faith, and who I might have been in relation to those two concepts. I had some trouble reconciling the doctrine taught with the actual practice of managing a website. I had some issues attempting to reconcile the practice of Jediism with my own notions of how it “should” be. And those things, coupled with the normal stresses and pressures of daily life, made me a bit more volatile for a while than I should have been. I know that my outburst came from “out of the blue” to most (if not all) of you who saw it. All I can say is, let me serve as an example of the dangers of attachment, because I was too attached to my preconceived notions to give a “fair chance” to the community. I judged you before I really knew you and that was unfair of me.

One of the most difficult things I have ever done is to come before you now, head hung in shame, and beg for your forgiveness. I still don’t believe that you will teach me humility, but I see now that in being here, my pride will be a fine teacher of that lesson. I do not know if I am welcomed back, but I assume that since my account was never deleted and I was never banned, it is possible. I hope to put this all behind me, take my lessons forward with me, and rejoin you, having become a better person through this experience.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
11 years 6 months ago #78978 by Ben
Replied by Ben on topic Re: My Apologies...
Saying sorry and admitting that we were wrong are often some of the hardest things to do, and many people simply find themselves unable to do them.

I am glad that you decided to write this post and gladder still that you still wish to stay.

We all know what it feels like to lash out and then to feel ashamed of ourselves afterwards, and I would never judge someone for that as I cannot truthfully say that I haven't been known to do it myself...

My advice to you would be...it is forgotten. Draw a line under it and do not dwell on it yourself...it is in the past :)

B.Div | OCP
The following user(s) said Thank You:

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 6 months ago #78980 by
Replied by on topic Re: My Apologies...
Everybody makes mistakes but it takes a big person to admit it. If this site can teach you how to tame your pride(ego), you will have learned a lesson that will serve you for a lifetime.

Welcome back. It's great to have you here.:)

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 6 months ago #78992 by
V summed up my thoughts pretty well lol.

Welcome back Alluvius.

If things start to stress you out in the future, remember there are always people here who are willing to listen. Sometimes 10 minutes in chat or a few PMs can help more than several days in the forums.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 6 months ago #78993 by
We all say things in the heat of the moment...it is how we make up for those errors of judgement that truly defines us.

So the fact you genuinely apologized = forgiveness..

I'll share a quote with you

"Just because we disagree does not mean we can not be friends"

You may not agree with how things are here...but then again...that's your opinion and your choice as it is ours to enjoy the way we are...so water under the bridge and all is forgotten! :)

If you ever want to talk about things getting on top of you don't be afraid to PM me (If you'd prefer email, PM me and I'll give you my email address) I'm more than happy (as I'm sure others are also) to listen to you and help you in any way we can...sometimes all you need is a pair of ears...

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 6 months ago #78995 by

Metsu Desal wrote: "Just because we disagree does not mean we can not be friends"

this is true...one of my best friends is a republican, of all things.

• Jestor
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
    Registered
  • What you want to learn, determines your teacher ..
More
11 years 6 months ago #78999 by Jestor
Replied by Jestor on topic Re: My Apologies...
Good to see your return...

Its hard, living life, and believing that because we are good people, other good people might actually disagree with us, and see thing different, or even opposite of us...

When we look at black and white, yes, we see opposites, but the people we meet are complex, and there are many colors to us all....

I've butted heads with a few in my time, it hapens...:)

We all come here and hang out and discuss things to get those point of views no one in our physical world wants to discuss, well, I do anyway...

My friends and family want to talk about work, or the kids, family things, new movies, our other facets of life...

This is just another facet, and one that you might be surprised I had, if you met me in the flesh....

The past is the past, time to focus on the present...

On walk-about...

Sith ain't Evil...
Jedi ain't Saints....

"Bake or bake not. There is no fry" - Sean Ching

Rite: PureLand
Former Memeber of the TOTJO Council
Master: Jasper_Ward
Current Apprentices: Viskhard, DanWerts, Llama Su, Trisskar
Former Apprentices: Knight Learn_To_Know, Knight Edan, Knight Brenna, Knight Madhatter

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 6 months ago - 11 years 6 months ago #79010 by
There is a story in the bible that says something like this..

Wouldn't a shepard leave the flock to find the one stray sheep? So too the Lord would look for you. (Or something like that, not a great bible quoter)

The Force is like that. (at least I feel that way)
Last edit: 11 years 6 months ago by .

• RyuJin
  • Master
  • Master
    Registered
  • The Path of Ignorance is Paved with Fear
More
11 years 6 months ago #79017 by RyuJin
Replied by RyuJin on topic Re: My Apologies...
what sort of jedi would we be if we didn't know how to do something as simple as forgive? ;)

how would we evolve if we didn't let go of the past? ;)

words are tools, and weapons depending upon how they are used, but in the end they only have as much power as we choose to give them...i prefer to give the negative things no power and the positive things enough power

mtfbwy

Warning: Spoiler!

Quotes:
Warning: Spoiler!

J.L.Lawson,Master Knight, M.div, Eastern Studies S.I.G. Advisor (Formerly Known as the Buddhist Rite)
Former Masters: GM Kana Seiko Haruki , Br.John
Current Apprentices: Baru
Former Apprentices:Adhara(knight), Zenchi (knight)

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 6 months ago - 11 years 6 months ago #79035 by
We are not the sort of people that remove others from our midst because we disagree... We are open to criticism and civil discussion, we are Jedi after all :)

What has been said already I must agree with. I am glad that you have decided to stay and that you have also shown the maturity to post such an open post about yourself :)

I would echo Metsu... if you have an issue first please try to send someone a message to talk it through :) It can be easy to innocently misunderstand someone

I hope you'll enjoy your second time here :)

Phortis Nespin wrote: There is a story in the bible that says something like this..

Matthew 18:12-14 (KJV)

How think ye? if a man have an hundred sheep, and one of them be gone astray, doth he not leave the ninety and nine, and goeth into the mountains, and seeketh that which is gone astray?
And if so be that he find it, verily I say unto you, he rejoiceth more of that sheep, than of the ninety and nine which went not astray.
Even so it is not the will of your Father which is in heaven, that one of these little ones should perish.
Last edit: 11 years 6 months ago by .

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi