Goodbye

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 6 months ago #77250 by
Replied by on topic Re: Goodbye
I don't believe in trusting any person or governing body blindly Akkarin, I don't even trust myself blindly. I'm constantly questioning my own motives and actions, much less anyone else. I don't trust blindly but I do have faith that before this is all said and done it will have had a beneficial impact. Part of being a Jedi is being able to turn a bad situation around, knowing how to work with not only people, but situations. At no point have we, and by that I mean all of us who have discussed any of this, found ourselves in a position where the situation is so un-salvageable as to need to see each other as enemies.

If nothing else, perhaps this can act as a catalyst to make a clearer, more defined process for handling similar situations in the future. Otherwise undoubtedly we will wind up in similar or worse situations again in the future. That is the nature of it, we can take all of this as a learning experience and move forward, or we can ignore it and wait for a larger lesson.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 6 months ago #77256 by

UraharaKiskue wrote: I don't believe in trusting any person or governing body blindly Akkarin, I don't even trust myself blindly. I'm constantly questioning my own motives and actions, much less anyone else.

I agree to an extent but by never trusting anyone ever, are you living in fear of always being deceived?

• Jestor
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
    Registered
  • What you want to learn, determines your teacher ..
More
11 years 6 months ago #77267 by Jestor
Replied by Jestor on topic Re: Goodbye

If nothing else, perhaps this can act as a catalyst to make a clearer, more defined process for handling similar situations in the future. Otherwise undoubtedly we will wind up in similar or worse situations again in the future. That is the nature of it, we can take all of this as a learning experience and move forward, or we can ignore it and wait for a larger lesson.

Sometimes, you just gotta give people the benefit of the doubt, and hope...

Ive been burned, but, people should get the benefit of the doubt...

First contact should be, "Did you mean it like this?

I think Charles knows he can come to one of us... This was a misunderstanding that spun out of control...

I wonder if thats why Streen left too?

I agree to an extent but by never trusting anyone ever, are you living in fear of always being deceived?

I would say being cautious, and living and fear are a bit different...

On walk-about...

Sith ain't Evil...
Jedi ain't Saints....

"Bake or bake not. There is no fry" - Sean Ching

Rite: PureLand
Former Memeber of the TOTJO Council
Master: Jasper_Ward
Current Apprentices: Viskhard, DanWerts, Llama Su, Trisskar
Former Apprentices: Knight Learn_To_Know, Knight Edan, Knight Brenna, Knight Madhatter

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 6 months ago #77275 by

This was a misunderstanding that spun out of control...

More so than anything else that has been said this is the complete truth of the matter and why I'm addressing this here even after removing my initial wall post and making a clear but firm statement afterwards.

I don't live in fear, and as Jestor just said, caution is different. A lot of things happened in a short period of time after a lot of waiting. My number of tasks in the community at large can often be herculean and I'm sure that I made bad word choices as did others at various points.

We all carry weights in the community, however I think there is a positive lesson. There exists even in a heated debate or argument a level of respect among a great many of us that can lead toward better outcomes. In under 3 hours over 2 weeks of misconceptions, misunderstandings, and mistakes have been rectified, apologized for, or moved in a more positive direction.

It speaks highly for all the people involved and for the close knittedness of the community and our ability to work along side each other for the common good.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 6 months ago - 11 years 6 months ago #77277 by

Jestor wrote:

Agreed but I trust my own judgement, my family and friends...does that mean I am not cautious? To me, the idea of never trusting anyone ever, including oneself, seems like a very fearful way to live.

I am not saying this to be rude, I am honestly curious because this is something I've considered several times over the last month when I started questioning my life.
Last edit: 11 years 6 months ago by . Reason: Addition/Color

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 6 months ago #77285 by

Resticon wrote: Agreed but I trust my own judgement, my family and friends...does that mean I am not cautious? To me, the idea of never trusting anyone ever, including oneself, seems like a very fearful way to live.

No, it does not mean you are not cautious. All of living life is an act of faith, to a certain basic degree. We have to take some things for granted. We just have to decide where to draw the line in the sand. And that line will move further outward from us into the world as we grow in experience.

We will come to see more and more clearly who can be trusted, just by looking at their faces and reading their body language, indirect evidences, etc. We come to see how we were able to be fooled or taken advantage of in the past, and prevent it from ever happening again. No one can hide their true nature from you if you know what to look for. If, through lack of sufficient knowledge, we allow others to do us harm when we had the power to avoid it, who is really at fault? They are just being themselves, corrupt as it may be.

Life does not have to be all darkness and uncertainty, if lived rightly.

Fraternally,
-David

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 6 months ago #77286 by
Just to clarify...

Any member's personal information (adult or minor) is kept confidential and access is restricted to only a few Councillors.

The Youth Section is merely a part of the forum where minors can converse and discuss issues relating to people of their own age. It is a discussion forum and nothing else. We restrict access based on age because we wanted to provide a "safe space" away from potential predators. Hopefully this will never happen but we are doing all we can to provide that protection just in case.

If minors post their public information for all to see, we remove it and let them know about the potential dangers of what they had done.

Minors also have access to the rest of the site and can take part in whatever they wish. The only official training is the Initiate's Programme, then apprenticeship. As Akkarin mentioned, this route is regulated by age. We certainly do not allow teaching in the Youth Section.

I hope this clears a few things up.

• Jestor
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
    Registered
  • What you want to learn, determines your teacher ..
More
11 years 6 months ago #77290 by Jestor
Replied by Jestor on topic Re: Goodbye

Resticon wrote:

Jestor wrote:

Agreed but I trust my own judgement, my family and friends...does that mean I am not cautious? To me, the idea of never trusting anyone ever, including oneself, seems like a very fearful way to live.

I am not saying this to be rude, I am honestly curious because this is something I've considered several times over the last month when I started questioning my life.

Careful trusting anything completely....

-Have your eyes never been deceive by a magician?
-Ears, by a sound you thought you heard?
-Smell, by food that smell good, but tastes yucky?
-Ever run your cold hand (really cold) under cold water? Did it feel warm?
-I actually had my taste fooled by a hypnotist... told me vinegar was water... it tasted like it...

So, what's that mean?

It means my senses can't be trusted 100%, that means their signals can't be trusted, that means my brain can't be trusted....

Therefore, I can't completely trust myself....

I've got to be cautious...

:)

On walk-about...

Sith ain't Evil...
Jedi ain't Saints....

"Bake or bake not. There is no fry" - Sean Ching

Rite: PureLand
Former Memeber of the TOTJO Council
Master: Jasper_Ward
Current Apprentices: Viskhard, DanWerts, Llama Su, Trisskar
Former Apprentices: Knight Learn_To_Know, Knight Edan, Knight Brenna, Knight Madhatter

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 6 months ago - 11 years 6 months ago #77292 by
But if my senses are spot on 99% of the time and fooled 1% of the time should I constantly question every sensation to ensure I'm not being fooled?
Last edit: 11 years 6 months ago by . Reason: Correction

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 6 months ago #77294 by
To some degree don't you already? When you see things do you not evaluate them as to being "normal" and a part of the existing transposition of expectation? When you hear sounds and a new sound comes about you did not expect does it not get evaluated and questioned to its authenticity, origin, as well as the implications of its presence? The act of living is ultimately some would say the questioning of the senses. When I see something out of the corner of my eye, I turn to identify it. Sometimes that means someone is walking down the street, sometimes that means my eyes have played tricks on me. However on some level are we not all constantly in a state of question? Is that not how we live?

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi