Goodbye

• ren
    Registered
  • Not anywhere near the back of the bus
More
11 years 6 months ago #76932 by ren
Replied by ren on topic Re: Goodbye
The underage forum exists merely for administrative purposes. Children require more protection than adults, and protection from adults. Children are not allowed to fill in an application or take the oath in the usual section, because both those things involve giving up personal information.

The application contains a LOT of personal information and it is our opinion that parents would not want their children to give such information. Therefore children are in fact asked to give a mini-application in the youth forum and to post their oath there. the mini-application consists of: username, legal name, DoB/age and contact information for the parents. children can no longer "legally" become totjo members, but for the purpose of gaining rank we make them "temple members" on loan. Once they reach 18 they have to complete a proper application. We do not accept apprentices under the age of 16 and Knights have to be at least 18 years old (knights have to take the vows, which are similar to the oath). the only other things in the youth forum are "introduction" posts. Underage members get taught the same things as adults and have to go through the same initiate programme.

If everything you "learn" is as accurate as what you "know" of the youth section, I think I can safely assume everything you say is untrue or severely biased.

I would also like to know why people who arent involved at totjo want to know what other people's children do here so badly? Last time I checked, whenever "strangers" hang around a school, the cops get called. Shall I do this now?

Convictions are more dangerous foes of truth than lies.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Wescli Wardest

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 6 months ago #76936 by
Replied by on topic Re: Goodbye
Couldn't tell you John. I just figured with the focus on what a Jedi is in other threads someone might have gotten their feelings hurt. Some people are admittedly more sensitive then my bad self. :evil:

More
11 years 6 months ago #77123 by Alethea Thompson
Replied by Alethea Thompson on topic Re: Goodbye
Yeah, there is a good reason to not trust you right there: You ask for parents information. That's teaching kids very bad habits. That's my opinion as someone that grew up in a terrible neighborhood and as a former cop. But you guys are free to do as you will.

That said, I now understand why you have the children's area off limits. It is not how I would do things, I would assign someone to keep personnel records in a forum NO ONE but them and fellow administrators could see. The applications would get sent through PM and logged. If there was a need to communicate with the parents of the child, thennit would be the responsibility of the individual in charge of personnel records (you would probably need two, one for the US and one in the UK). But that is just me.

Gather at the River,
Setanaoko Oceana

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 6 months ago #77125 by

Alethea Thompson wrote: Yeah, there is a good reason to not trust you right there: You ask for parents information. That's teaching kids very bad habits.

I don't see how asking for a parent's phone number is teaching any bad habits. A phone number is not like a social security number, birthdate, address, bank account, or even email address. There needs to be some way for this Order to confirm verifiably with a parent that their child has been given permission to engage in activities here, or to report problems.

Or am I missing something?

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 6 months ago - 11 years 6 months ago #77128 by

Part of the message is hidden for the guests. Please log in or register to see it.
Last edit: 11 years 6 months ago by . Reason: In response to Jestor

More
11 years 6 months ago #77130 by Br. John
Replied by Br. John on topic Re: Goodbye
Stop the press.

I know what this is about because I contacted Justin Garringer (The Oncomming Storm) on Facebook to ask him to clairify what he was talking about and he was kind enough to answer.

Justin Garringer (The Oncomming Storm) replied:

" I find it entirely alarming that a dislike of my training an apprentice has lead to her removal from the Temple of the Jedi Order.

"You dont want to be a member of our site... You choose a Master who does not belong here, so, why are you complaining?"

This was sent to my apprentice from her home order after they removed her without a willingness to provide any documentation as to the reason for her banning. Vague statements have been made, little or no evidences presented, and because one man will cry wolf constantly they remove her. The impact on her has been drastic. The impact on me? I'm ashamed they take the name Jedi and act in this manner. " This is what I was told. (This is from Lightening Strike (Charles) on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/lightning.strike.71/posts/10152170666985705?notif_t=feed_comment_reply )

I (Br. John) replied:

Thank you for letting me know since neither I nor anyone else knew what you were talking about.

Lightning Strike (Charles) is lying. Sammy's account was suspended at TOTJO but not for belonging to other Jedi organizations or any other group for that matter. She was not banned for having a Jedi teacher outside of TOTJO.

You need evidence that I'm not lying and that Charles is and I can show it to you.

Go on the TOTJO site and look at all the people (many guests and a member or two) who actively post of participating in other Jedi sites and those who are even leaders of other Jedi, Sith and Force sites. There's plenty of criticism from these folks of TOTJO too. Are they banned?

You'll see they're not. We don't do that and we don't censor criticism.

Why would we pick one person out of all those doing the same thing and ban her for that reason when we don't for anyone else?

Founder of The Order

More
11 years 6 months ago #77131 by Alethea Thompson
That's not how this is being made to sound. The way I heard this, children can view the files as well. It is not hard to fake that someone is a kid. Give you my "parents phone number", pick up the phone and then claim I am a made up child's parent. Grab all those numbers and such, then use it to whatever scheme I have in store. Phishing is still large because people keep falling for the schemes.

Also, the phone numbers can be used to spy on others, especially if it is a cell phine. It is also GPS trackable, if it is a cellphone. If it is a home phone, you can track down an address if the parents are listed in the phone book (of which you have to pay to have your number removed, so most do not bother.

Gather at the River,
Setanaoko Oceana

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 6 months ago - 11 years 6 months ago #77132 by

Part of the message is hidden for the guests. Please log in or register to see it.
Last edit: 11 years 6 months ago by . Reason: In response to Jestor

• Jestor
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
    Registered
  • What you want to learn, determines your teacher ..
More
11 years 6 months ago - 11 years 6 months ago #77134 by Jestor
Replied by Jestor on topic Re: Goodbye
Yea, like, uh, contact the Youth Officers (if you ever can find one), this way, any pedos cruising without usernames thst can see this PUBLIC thread aren't supplied with any ideas....

Our system isn't perfect, its what we have come up with, using what we have...

Since you weren't part of the committee that came up with this, ideas are welcome, but how about WE. DONT DISCUSS OUR SHORTCOMINGS IN SUCH A PUBLIC WAY....

Hows that sound?

:)

On walk-about...

Sith ain't Evil...
Jedi ain't Saints....

"Bake or bake not. There is no fry" - Sean Ching

Rite: PureLand
Former Memeber of the TOTJO Council
Master: Jasper_Ward
Current Apprentices: Viskhard, DanWerts, Llama Su, Trisskar
Former Apprentices: Knight Learn_To_Know, Knight Edan, Knight Brenna, Knight Madhatter
Last edit: 11 years 6 months ago by Jestor.

More
11 years 6 months ago #77139 by Alethea Thompson
*Facepalms* Thrown and missed.

Look, I'm not concerned with pedos, unless you are teaching it is okay to share information with people that you do not know. I was that idiot kid that got into cars with strangers on my way home from school- but the strangers never knew my real name, I always had them drop me off at different houses, they never discovered my real school (there were three along my possible routes), and so forth. All between the ages of 12 and 15 (in crime ridden East Nashville). I was that kid you should NEVER EVER let your children be. And I was lucky, nothing ever happened to me. But because of my past, I don't worry about pedos all that much.

What I am stating, is that Ren here just outlined that this forum which is for children only displays information in which can be used by other members joined in that forum for:

Phishing
Bullying
Pranking
Etc.

But then I get a conflicting answer from Akkarin that states the information is locked behind admin walls so that other children cannot view it. The fact that two members of the ToTJO heirarchy are saying two different things on one matter inspires far less confidence in what is going on with children areas.

Gather at the River,
Setanaoko Oceana

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi