What would you do.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 11 months ago #60183 by
Replied by on topic Re: What would you do.
As much as I would like to tell and have in the past told a friend that they were being cheated on, my experience shows simply, it's not my path and I have no right to enter into someone else's. I end up being the fall guy for the troubles that precede.

We are all on a path and if we are to confront another for indiscretions, be prepared to accept the blame for the outcome. Although we feel that we are helping or protecting, our "outside" influence alters the path of those we would try to help.

It is most difficult to watch as a friend cheats or gets cheated on. Our tendency is to want to help. We think we are helping, but we are adding "spin" to a already delicate situation.

A case in point: My father wanted me to talk to my brother about his impending divorce. I was suppose to tell him that I would support him and tell him what his wife had said. Having experience in being the middle man, I refused and told my father that it was my brothers problem and I was not going to get in between.

My brother was completely wrong in this situation because he was cheating on his wife. Of course the whole thing became my fault because somehow I can teleport 1200 miles to Florida while at work in Illinois to put pictures of my brother and the mistress in my sister-in-laws hands.

I can not tell you how difficult it is to stand by when you know something is wrong. But in the matters of relationships, you have no place in anothers business. That is unless harm will come to them such as spousal abuse.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
11 years 11 months ago #60231 by Alethea Thompson
No, but my response would be greatly dependent upon the situation.

"Is my boyfriend cheating on me?"
(REGARDLESS OF IF I KNOW THE ANSWER OR WHAT THE ANSWER IS) "If you are really this worried about it, you should talk with him. If you can't trust the man, he may not be the right person for you."

"Does this make me look fat?"
(If I think it does) "I don't believe it looks all that great on you."
(If not, but I don't like it) "Do you like how it looks? Is it 'you'"?
(If not and I DO like it) "Looks great!" (and then talk about why I like it)

"Do you think that so-and-so is using me?"
(Answer is yes) "Yes"
(Answer is no) "Why do you think they are?"

etc. Everything is METT-TC

Gather at the River,
Setanaoko Oceana
The following user(s) said Thank You:

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 8 months ago #69496 by
Replied by on topic Re: What would you do.
I think I would try to help my friend discover the truth on their own or make it known to the cheater that I knew. If the cheater didn't confess I probably would tell my friend. As for the intruder, if they're in my home to do me or my family physical harm then I'd shoot to kill...if they didn't vacate that is.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi