What would you do.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 11 months ago #60103 by
What would you do. was created by
People always say i would do this or that. I have put up a few questions like this before but I would like to have some other people ask some. (ex would you shoot some one who broke in to your house.) Think hard about this the more time we put in to this the more fun we can have with it. So with that said I think i will go first. Would you lie to keep from hurting some one.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 11 months ago #60104 by
Replied by on topic Re: What would you do.
Would I lie to keep from hurting some one.... No I think it may hurt them more if they found out you knew what was going on.. again it would have to depend on what we are talking about but I feel I would have to tell them the truth.

More
11 years 11 months ago #60108 by Alexandre Orion
I would try very hard not to do that.

I would put my linguistics skills to use turning the truth (or as much as I have of it) in such a way as to minimise the injury...

Be a philosopher ; but, amidst all your philosophy, be still a man.
~ David Hume

Chaque homme a des devoirs envers l'homme en tant qu'homme.
~ Henri Bergson
[img

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 11 months ago #60110 by
Replied by on topic What would you do.
I'd rather not shoot someone (not that I even own a gun) there are other ways. Simply pointing the weapon toward them might be enough to give them a scare and they'd surely second guess the decision they just made. Id only ever use lethal force and violence in defense of myself or others and only as a last resort I'd like to think I could talk them out of any further trespass, but I'm not the most composed during emergencies. Truth is I have no clue what I'd do because I've never been in that situation before.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 11 months ago #60113 by
i was thinking about the shoot someone part. i would try my best not to have to, and even then just try for a wounding shot (or shoot the gun out of their hand movie style, like thats possible). if i am still concealed, i would just rack my shotgun. there is nothing more terrifying to a home invader than that very distinctive sound at close range. that and a loud, mean dog.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 11 months ago #60167 by
some of you have not been around to see the old post that i was talking about with the shooting thing... but let say you have a friend and you know some thing about them let say their wife/husband was cheating on them and you know it to be true, could you tell them or would you lie and say you knew nothing. This is what I was asking about some moral issue that you knew about could you lie to some one or would you try to tell them with out hurting them. there are other things that could fall in to this as could you see a crime and just do nothing or would you jump in and help.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 11 months ago #60169 by
I haven't seen the old post but if someone were breaking in I would probably start hitting them with my staff since I don't own a gun. and if there is a crime going on I would try to help the victims anyway possible

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 11 months ago #60178 by

Slydogstags wrote: some of you have not been around to see the old post that i was talking about with the shooting thing... but let say you have a friend and you know some thing about them let say their wife/husband was cheating on them and you know it to be true, could you tell them or would you lie and say you knew nothing. This is what I was asking about some moral issue that you knew about could you lie to some one or would you try to tell them with out hurting them. there are other things that could fall in to this as could you see a crime and just do nothing or would you jump in and help.

I would tell the person who was cheating that I knew they were cheating. I would tell them that if I was asked, I wouldn't lie about it and give them an opportunity to do it themselves.
I have told someone that their S/O was cheating on them once and it did no good for the relationship with me and the person I told until after the relationship was over. I would wait until asked, and, like I said, would tell the cheater that I knew.

More
11 years 11 months ago #60179 by Alexandre Orion
Let us use an analogy.

Having a part of Truth : for instance, knowing that someone's wife/husband was (cheating ?) having an extra-marital, or just a liaison ... is like having a hammer.

Honesty is an application of the Truth (no, telling the Truth and being Honest are not the same) ... say using the hammer.

Question : how do we use the tools we have ? Constructively (to build something) or destructively (to destroy something) ?

Feel free to explore unseen dimensions ................

Be a philosopher ; but, amidst all your philosophy, be still a man.
~ David Hume

Chaque homme a des devoirs envers l'homme en tant qu'homme.
~ Henri Bergson
[img
The following user(s) said Thank You:

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 11 months ago #60182 by
@alex

I think in the case you present, approaching the cheater as someone who cares about them and their family may be the best initial approach. Then step up to informing the spouse in the hopes of reconciliation. Ultimately though, it will come down to several factors. One being the individuals capacity to forgive. Another, their ability to trust. A third, the couples communication skills, and more additional factors than I can anticipate.

The reason I choose this approach is having been on the outside looking in on a relationship with this factor.It hurt and damaged both individuals extensively even before the cat was out of the bag. There is more on that I could share, but it is not my place or my story.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi