The Grateful Thread

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 5 months ago #170295 by
Replied by on topic The Grateful Thread
i am grateful for life for being able to share with all of you and anyone else i meet. I am grateful that I have come out of my dark times to be able to be here with you all now.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 5 months ago #170323 by
It would almost be easier to list things I'm not grateful for, but that would be a different thread. :P

I feel especially grateful for the life I live, nearly every aspect and extension of it, that it is "mine" and that I can live it in relation to everything else in the way I do, that I can be "me." I'm grateful for all of you, this Temple and all the Jedi in it, for doing the same. I'm grateful that I can be a part of that, however that is.

I'm grateful to have the friends and teachers and so on that I do, just people in general, to help make this journey interesting and fulfilling. Never a dull or lonely moment, and that counts for a lot.

More
9 years 5 months ago #170333 by Whyte Horse
Replied by Whyte Horse on topic The Grateful Thread
Right now I'm really happy I have food and shelter. I know this may sound odd to many of you but I'm also grateful for a toilet that flushes(without adding water) and a toilet that I can sit down on(not a squatter). I really love having water that doesn't have to be boiled first, soft toilet paper, hot showers, showers that come from a pipe rather than buckets, and mattresses.

Here's my old toilet and shower

Attachment h74175fe.jpg not found

Few are those who see with their own eyes and feel with their own hearts.
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: steamboat28, Llama Su

More
9 years 5 months ago #170335 by Rosalyn J
Replied by Rosalyn J on topic The Grateful Thread
Im grateful for...well if I wrote it all down, it would be really huge. I'll try to shrink it:

1. I'm grateful for opportunities that seem to just fall into my lap at the right time without me even trying. I'm grateful to have great friends who care about me.
2. I'm grateful for my family, whom I don't get to see much, but I love dearly
3. I'm grateful for the opportunity to learn and for the progress I'm making as a Jedi. I think I have come a long way since May 3, 2012
4. I'm grateful for Maitre, who is teaching me the wonders of car wax (I'm serious :lol: ) and for my brothers and sisters who are there to provide support and a listening ear.
5. I'm grateful that this list is not exhaustive and I am happy for this thread

Pax Per Ministerium
[img

More
9 years 5 months ago #170359 by Proteus
Replied by Proteus on topic The Grateful Thread
It got down to 20°f here this morning. We have central heat. We've been doing our best to use it as little as possible since we try to use a large-area space heater instead to help save money on our bills. Still, we're luckier than our neighbors who live in what is supposed to be a nicer home, but who doesn't have the luxury we get to have.

“For it is easy to criticize and break down the spirit of others, but to know yourself takes a lifetime.”
― Bruce Lee

House of Orion
Offices: Education Administration
TM: Alexandre Orion | Apprentice: Loudzoo (Knight)

The Book of Proteus
IP Journal | Apprentice Volume | Knighthood Journal | Personal Log

More
9 years 5 months ago #170376 by SilverWolf
Replied by SilverWolf on topic The Grateful Thread
I am grateful that I was given life
I am grateful for my parents who could have given me up for adoption when they found out I was born with epilepsy and cerebal palsy, but didn't. they loved me and continue to love me regardless.
I am grateful for my sister, she may drive me mad, but I love her.
I am grateful for the extended members of my family those who still live and those who have passed on
I am grateful for a roof over my head and for my health
I am grateful for the woman I call my wife, Rachel. Though we are not legally married yet, she is every bit my wife in the ways that matter. We may fight, drive each other nuts, but I love her, and I am grateful she came into my life.
I am grateful for both of my Sons. Though I don't see one of them because he is with his mother, I love them both.
I am grateful for each member of TOTJO, you all have filled a spiritual void in my life, and I thank you.
I am grateful that this is obama's last term :lol:
I am grateful that an asteroid or some kind of Natural disaster hasn't blown up the earth
I am grateful we haven't nuked ourselves
I am grateful for all the men and Women who have served in the military and protected us both past and present, ( Salute) thank you all.

More
9 years 4 months ago #171093 by Kit
Replied by Kit on topic Re:The Grateful Thread
Love the title lol.

I have something to be very thankful for. On 10 Nov 2014 my daughter was born. Long labor short, the doctor discovered something that could/should have been a major major problem that would have resulted in her death before she was born. What I thought was a nearly painless pregnancy should have been classified as a high risk.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Proteus, Brenna

• Brenna
  • User
  • User
    Registered
  • I hear your voice on the wind, and I hear you call out my name
More
9 years 4 months ago #171154 by Brenna
Replied by Brenna on topic Re:The Grateful Thread

Kamizu wrote: Love the title lol.

I have something to be very thankful for. On 10 Nov 2014 my daughter was born. Long labor short, the doctor discovered something that could/should have been a major major problem that would have resulted in her death before she was born. What I thought was a nearly painless pregnancy should have been classified as a high risk.

:ohmy:
I think we can all be incredibly thankful that she was safely delivered. Nice to see you back too :)

Walking, stumbling on these shadowfeet

Part of the seduction of most religions is the idea that if you just say the right things and believe really hard, your salvation will be at hand.

With Jediism. No one is coming to save you. You have to get off your ass and do it yourself - Me
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kit

More
9 years 4 months ago - 9 years 4 months ago #171165 by Edan
Replied by Edan on topic The Grateful Thread
Today I am grateful for supportive friends, and the friends who believe that I am capable of more than I expect from myself.

It won't let me have a blank signature ...
Last edit: 9 years 4 months ago by Edan.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 4 months ago - 9 years 4 months ago #171182 by
It might not be big or deep, but I'm grateful for the Guardians of the Galaxy Soundtrack. I downloaded it a few days ago and it has made me so happy that I've been listening to it for the last three days straight. lol We have to appreciate the little things, right?
Last edit: 9 years 4 months ago by .

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi