My big view of the world.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 3 weeks ago - 11 years 3 weeks ago #104687 by
Replied by on topic My big view of the world.
My question or theory comes from the Christian belief that we are all part of the "Body of Christ", that our bodies are a temple of the Lord. So in the context of this metaphor, I say that if we do not stop our foolish self destruction, like a cancer cell, we will be cut out from the "Body". When looking at the whole of creation, I imagined it as one body, or a collection of cells (universes) that form the body(the Multiverse theory). Is the history of the world not riddled with mass extinctions, global catastrophies, and the like?

Depending on what your beliefs are (whether the Force is a living thing that can alter ones path or if it is just the energy field of the big bang), we can create our own metaphor for annihilation or being cast out of heaven.

Remember, this was a theory I came up with and is by no means my final thoughts on the subject. It was a sudden moment of inspired thought based on the theories of science, religious metaphor and a movie script.
Last edit: 11 years 3 weeks ago by .

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
11 years 3 weeks ago #104690 by Alexandre Orion
Ah ...

I had perhaps mis-read your statement about us being 'cut', as though it had already happened.

My feeling on the matter is that whatever our destiny, we are not necessarily 'cut' from the body of God/the Force/Tao, nor can we ever be separate from it - whatever we do or do not do, including 'survive'.

We can take this up in another discussion though, if you like. There are a lot of ways to see things according to a "big view of the world" ... wouldn't you agree ?

;)

Be a philosopher ; but, amidst all your philosophy, be still a man.
~ David Hume

Chaque homme a des devoirs envers l'homme en tant qu'homme.
~ Henri Bergson
[img
The following user(s) said Thank You:

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 3 weeks ago #104703 by
Replied by on topic My big view of the world.
That is what I love about the great thinking minds of TOTJO, the expansion of a simple thought into grand theory and [strike]debate[/strike] discussion. I will think about starting a thread just to expound on this theory and all of its asides.

Thank you Alexandre

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi