Pope is the SIth-Lord we have been looking for !!!

More
16 years 4 months ago #10036 by Br. John
Anora^una_Ilorn wrote:

besides there has been real conspriacys trying to say that a pope is the actual anti-christ and we don't want people thinking that we are trying to fuel that.

PERSONAL OPINION: As for the current person holing this office I believe the policy is if I can't say anything nice say noting at all so I'll just say \"nothing at all\".

If anyone wants to get a good scare start worrying about the next one and see:

http://www.ccg.org/english/s/p288.html

It's a long read but for almost 500 years there are two prophecies that indicate that the next pope is the last; especially Malachy who is specific in his numbers.

Br. John+

Founder of The Order

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Jon
  • User
  • User
    Inactive
  • May the Dark Side of the Force serve you well!
More
16 years 4 months ago - 16 years 4 months ago #10037 by Jon
This I don`t think is a matter of humour or lack of it or incapability of understanding or wearing your feelings on sleeves, but is a matter of respect. How can we expect others to take us seriously when we do not give it. The symbol of the cross should also not be seen as a weapon for the forces of evil but is a powerful symbol of liberation. On our front page we have written:

\"We believe in Peace, Justice, Love, Learning and using all our abilities for Good so its unlikely our way conflicts with your beliefs and traditions.\"

The author of the TOTJO simple and solemn oath, the liturgy book, holy days, the FAQ and the Canon Law. Ordinant of GM Mark and Master Jestor.
Last edit: 16 years 4 months ago by .

More
16 years 4 months ago #10039 by Br. John
Lysello Zanega wrote:

yeah, you're right Jon ... it's better to make sure nobody can misunderstand this and point out it's just some fun without any deeper meaning behind it !

still, those pics are great ^^ ... I had a good laugh with them ...

:dry:

This brings up an interesting problem. We are a Church and a community. But though every day is a holy day to a Jedi we are not always ‘in church’ just because we’re logged into the site.

The physical church around the corner from my house is St. Jude Catholic Church. I go there sometimes. Outside there’s walkways and flower gardens. There’s a parking lot there too. People see others they know and talk about all sorts of things.

We have challenges with our members all over the world yet still friends and our Humor and off topic section is like our parking lot where I want to feel free say things including politically incorrect things. I wish we could all orb and get together whenever we wish but we’ll muddle through somehow in the meantime.

We must also keep in mind how we look the casual browser. This does not mean we have to get OVER serious about a section titled Humor; the problem is that the forum’s public. Within the next day the Humor / Personal Opinion Section will only be visible to registered members and invisible to the search engines. With a proper disclaimer added even a new member will know what this forum’s place is.

If there are any objections or if anyone has a better idea let’s have it.

Br. John+

Founder of The Order

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 4 months ago #10040 by
Granted. But jokes are jokes, as these pictures were intended. As to being taken seriously, that is another matter entirely. We already know the Pope's view of those outside of the church. Its an \"everyone else is wrong\" stance, just like most religions. I have stopped worring about being taken seriously by those around me where Jediism is concerned. If they do not want to take me seriously about it, that is their choice and free will. There is nothing saying they have to take me seriously or I their beliefs. That is why they are personal beliefs. They belong to the person, or should anyway. But that is another subject for a different day...

• Jon
  • User
  • User
    Inactive
More
16 years 4 months ago - 16 years 4 months ago #10041 by Jon
Justice wrote:

Granted. But jokes are jokes, as these pictures were intended. As to being taken seriously, that is another matter entirely. We already know the Pope's view of those outside of the church. Its an \"everyone else is wrong\" stance, just like most religions. I have stopped worring about being taken seriously by those around me where Jediism is concerned. If they do not want to take me seriously about it, that is their choice and free will. There is nothing saying they have to take me seriously or I their beliefs. That is why they are personal beliefs. They belong to the person, or should anyway. But that is another subject for a different day...

It shouldn`t really matter what stance the Pope has or not. Just because there is an \"everyone else is wrong\" stance on their part does not mean we have to do the same. I used to think that when I was younger. In my experience this attitude is to be found everywhere, but should we not try to be different? Also it does not matter how much humour there is in these pictures there is always a hidden message. There is a reason why we should try to be taken as a seriously, we are a Church. I am not talking only about the institution but the people, the members of the TOTJO and the members of th RC Church. We`re dealing with real people`s beliefs and not trying to demonstrate how tough or humourous we as ministers are. Also we are obliged by our Doctrine and what we have written on our front pages to a respectfull attitude. Or is it just for show?

The author of the TOTJO simple and solemn oath, the liturgy book, holy days, the FAQ and the Canon Law. Ordinant of GM Mark and Master Jestor.
Last edit: 16 years 4 months ago by .

More
16 years 4 months ago #10042 by Br. John
This brings up an interesting problem. We are a Church and a community. But though every day is a holy day to a Jedi we are not always ‘in church’ just because we’re logged into the site.

The physical church around the corner from my house is St. Jude Catholic Church. I go there sometimes. Outside there’s walkways and flower gardens. There’s a parking lot there too. People see others they know and talk about all sorts of things.

We have challenges with our members all over the world yet still friends and our Humor and off topic section is like our parking lot where I want to feel free say things including politically incorrect things. I wish we could all orb and get together whenever we wish but we’ll muddle through somehow in the meantime.

We must also keep in mind how we look the casual browser. This does not mean we have to get OVER serious about a section that we did label Humor; the problem is that the forum’s public. The Humor / Personal Opinion Section is now only visible to registered members and invisible to the search engines. With a proper disclaimer added even a new member will know what this forum’s place is.

If anyone has a better idea please, let’s have it.

Br. John+

Founder of The Order

• Jon
  • User
  • User
    Inactive
More
16 years 4 months ago #10044 by Jon
Br. John wrote:

We must also keep in mind how we look the casual browser. This does not mean we have to get OVER serious about a section that we did label Humor; the problem is that the forum’s public. The Humor / Personal Opinion Section is now only visible to registered members and invisible to the search engines. With a proper disclaimer added even a new member will know what this forum’s place is.

If anyone has a better idea please, let’s have it.

Br. John+

I certainly don`t have a better idea. You have certainly covered all the important issues. That the humour section is covered from the public eye makes sense and answers all issues.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 4 months ago #10046 by
Eventhough these very humerous pics were meant for just that humor, we mustn't become complaiscent or forget ourselves. We are defenders of the peace and if this were to offend anyone, it could cause a counter-productive result. Maybe it would a good idea to set up a members only link accompanied with a warning that contents maybe offensive to some. It takes alot to offend me, but I can't speak for the next person. We remind ourselves that guest pop in from time to time to see whats up. If they see something they consider offensive, could runoff possible believers or at least supporters of our Temple and bruise our reputation hendering our growth. Then again, maybe not.

• Jon
  • User
  • User
    Inactive
More
16 years 4 months ago #10048 by Jon
Exactly Br.Decimus, this is what I feel. Your thoughts are mine. But we already have such a warning on the front page concerning humour. And the humour section Br.John has opened for registered members only.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 4 months ago #10050 by
One can't be too careful these days, I suppose.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi