Temple Crisis Hotline

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 2 months ago - 11 years 2 months ago #93023 by
Replied by on topic Re: Temple Crisis Hotline
Some things to remember about this.

1. War Beauty is no longer part of the temple and as far as I'm aware she was running this...thus it might not be active.
2. It should be a @TempleOfTheJediOrder.org email...thus only useable on TOTJO / by TOTJO as opposed to relying on GMAIL and will be stored on/with the server...
3. This thread is quite old now..
Last edit: 11 years 2 months ago by .

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 2 months ago #93027 by
Even if an old thread, it's still an important "service" (not unlike the "anti-suicide hotline boxes" along the more infamous "jumpers' bridges").

I know we could never have a phone number for this, so email is best. I'm one of those people who would be afraid of falling asleep at the console, afraid of missing "that one call that could have made a difference" ....

Maybe something like Google Voice that rings to multiple phones (you can select that it shows you the number itself, so you can tell a 'hotline' call from personal calls), or just a number that you can TEXT to. Make a rule: only text your first name and a call-back number (and no more), and the first available person will respond. Most of us have cell phone plans with unlimited minutes (I don't!); otherwise, "computer-to-phone" systems exist (including Google Voice, TextNow, and others that can integrate into smartphones directly via aps), and "*67" [or equiv.] will cloak your number so you don't have to worry about reverse-call abuse.

There are a number of ways to do this. If "time" is an issue, I would love to talk with the higher-ups about ways to do this on a "volunteer budget" (what we in high school called "free / cheap" :) ).

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 2 months ago #93028 by

To me Jediism fits into the Samaritans area of people...We 'should' be here to provide moral support to the community...although there are people out there whom already do this (by giving an example I've already proven this) it is however something we can help with because there is a large amount of people that don't have time for a phone call and think it is to impersonal.

copied from my journal...I agree with you...what I'm saying to people is that this service might not be running right now... :P

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 2 months ago #93030 by

Metsu Desal wrote: 2. It should be a @TempleOfTheJediOrder.org email...thus only useable on TOTJO / by TOTJO as opposed to relying on GMAIL and will be stored on/with the server...

I forgot to add: yeah, we need to do this: better-protects the confidentiality side of things.

• Jestor
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
    Registered
  • What you want to learn, determines your teacher ..
More
11 years 2 months ago #93035 by Jestor
Replied by Jestor on topic Re: Temple Crisis Hotline
We are working on the @templeofthejediorder on every department...

Right now, only a few of us utilize it...

There are places where it is needed, such as this...

On walk-about...

Sith ain't Evil...
Jedi ain't Saints....

"Bake or bake not. There is no fry" - Sean Ching

Rite: PureLand
Former Memeber of the TOTJO Council
Master: Jasper_Ward
Current Apprentices: Viskhard, DanWerts, Llama Su, Trisskar
Former Apprentices: Knight Learn_To_Know, Knight Edan, Knight Brenna, Knight Madhatter

More
11 years 2 months ago #93036 by Ben
Replied by Ben on topic Re: Temple Crisis Hotline
War Beauty relinquished control of this a while before she left.

However, despite that, I'm not sure whether it is operating any more. I will try to clarify what the situation is later today.

B.Div | OCP
The following user(s) said Thank You:

• ren
    Registered
  • Not anywhere near the back of the bus
More
11 years 2 months ago #93113 by ren
Replied by ren on topic Re: Temple Crisis Hotline
google provides totjo's email. (their spam filters are plain awesome)

difference is, we can control all @totjo addresses, @gmail, if someone leaves without giving us access, it's lost.

Perris hadn't discussed this with us before announcing it.

Convictions are more dangerous foes of truth than lies.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 2 months ago #93126 by
I think it would be good to have it on our servers to be honest... makes it look all the more official as well :D

More
11 years 2 months ago #93140 by Ben
Replied by Ben on topic Re: Temple Crisis Hotline

V-Tog wrote: War Beauty relinquished control of this a while before she left.

However, despite that, I'm not sure whether it is operating any more. I will try to clarify what the situation is later today.

Okay, so the hotline has not been in operation recently, but as of now it is available again for anyone who needs it.

B.Div | OCP

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 2 months ago #93249 by
I really do love this, it's something I've always appreciated of people. Seeing this thread active again, caught my attention as well. Since I was considering finding a possible calling center in regards to this within my area and volunteering to take calls.

I hope members of ToTJO use this when they need it, it's a wonderful thing.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi