Conditioning is your best hold!!!!

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
13 years 10 months ago #31756 by
The title of the thread is actually a quote from an old time wrestler who passed a away almost 3 years ago. Although its directed at wrestling but I feel its also a great thing to have in daily life. The force is used in many ways and one way of it is to help your conditioning to a whole new level whether mentally or physically. The more conditioned you are the longer you can go in whatever you want to do.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
13 years 10 months ago #31757 by
Completely agree.

More
13 years 10 months ago #31765 by Angelus
Could you explain the quote you used? \"Conditioning is your best hold\"?

Jedi Knight
Former Masters: Mark Anjuu, Zanthan Storm, Br. John, Grom Fett

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
13 years 10 months ago #31767 by
It's saying that conditioning is better than the sum of your 'techniques'.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
13 years 10 months ago #31768 by
its not easy to explain but it means where when technique and knowledge for the moves won't matter if you're not in condition to stay in a fight. It means when the competition gets harder in a match it'll come down to whos the better conditioned person. Take for example the 2000 Olympics Gold Medal Greco-Roman Match between rulon garner and alexander karlin, it was a great match but Karlin started railin thin and although he's a big dude his conditioning wore down and Garner's wasn't and it gave him the advantage to win the match. All in all its a medaphor for when it comes down to it conditioning is your greatest asset and even though the man who said was refering to wrestling its like wrestling life.

• RyuJin
  • Master
  • Master
    Registered
  • The Path of Ignorance is Paved with Fear
More
13 years 10 months ago #31771 by RyuJin
basically, you can master all the skills in the world, learn all the knowledge, have great spirituality....but if your not conditioned strongly enough physically,intellectually,spiritually you will wear down and be beaten. by conditioning yourself strongly you can withstand any onslought thrown your way, outlasting all trials and tribulations.

Warning: Spoiler!

Quotes:
Warning: Spoiler!

J.L.Lawson,Master Knight, M.div, Eastern Studies S.I.G. Advisor (Formerly Known as the Buddhist Rite)
Former Masters: GM Kana Seiko Haruki , Br.John
Current Apprentices: Baru
Former Apprentices:Adhara(knight), Zenchi (knight)

More
13 years 10 months ago #31777 by Angelus
I think you're right,then. But how would you define conditioning?

Jedi Knight
Former Masters: Mark Anjuu, Zanthan Storm, Br. John, Grom Fett

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
13 years 10 months ago #31783 by
Being able to last for long periods of time without fatigue. Even though that sounds like endurance but when its in training or in competition its where fatigue is very limited in strength, stamina, endurance, balance, coordination ect. Its where being tired is a very rare issue and the mentality is just as important.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
13 years 7 months ago #33199 by
i would say conditioning is more a mental endevour as endurance is trained and gained conditioning is gained through all aspects its a point of relization of your limits and through training and willpower being able to push past them undetered by pain as much mental as physical like patience hard to obtain and even easyer to lose.

More
13 years 7 months ago #33299 by 666
disagree by now... ( maybe I change mind)

How it's possible that condition can be better than technique... when we know, that young Kung fu fighters, in extreme good condition, can not win over an old monk?

I saw several times, how, technique wins over stamina, endurance and physical condition, I'm an example of that...
years back, I been in many fights, me= small, thin, extreme trained, 20 miles daily, 6 hours training, and others sports, as soccer, basketball, swimming, and was impossible to win over a man almost 80 years old, that didn't fight often than me
he didn't run every morning, like me, he didn't put in his body,, the so many hours, i put training mine...

so disagree...

NOW:, if we put, same techniques, same knowledge, in both sides ( almost impossible), can be possible, but why a comparative like that... yes it is possible that the best condition,stamina, endurance can hold more time on a fight, but comparatives, need to be in equals same in both sides... apples, with apples, oranges with oranges, because, in reverse to yours,

I say, with the same condition, stamina, and endurance, wins always the best technique ( that even in that way is not true)

is not even a great hypothesis because its impossible to prove it, and because you can go in reverse, and do the rule works upside-down... is not even a rule...

and thats always talking about, some physical training, because it doesn't apply to everything in life, so....

right now, I disagree, can someone, clarify, for me?

Human can be unpredicted, and even in the ideal fight of your example, someone can fail, and go in reverse, so we need to take also how lucky the guy is?

nice to talk about.

maybe, knowledge is your best hold
maybe, technique is your best hold
maybe hold for 10 sec is your best hold...

how can prove it.

Knight of Jediism
Ordained Deacon and Minister
Promoted and Ordained April 28, 2010

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi