Parkour and Freerunning

• Jestor
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
    Registered
  • What you want to learn, determines your teacher ..
More
14 years 1 month ago #29385 by Jestor
Replied by Jestor on topic Re:Parkour and Freerunning
Here in central Illinois, we do not have the natural areas like that. Wished we did. I guess if I try this, I'll have to use an urban variety.

The video was awesome.....

On walk-about...

Sith ain't Evil...
Jedi ain't Saints....

"Bake or bake not. There is no fry" - Sean Ching

Rite: PureLand
Former Memeber of the TOTJO Council
Master: Jasper_Ward
Current Apprentices: Viskhard, DanWerts, Llama Su, Trisskar
Former Apprentices: Knight Learn_To_Know, Knight Edan, Knight Brenna, Knight Madhatter

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
14 years 1 month ago #29431 by
Replied by on topic Re:Parkour and Freerunning
just don't jump over someone's car without their permission, people hate that. :D

• Jestor
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
    Registered
  • What you want to learn, determines your teacher ..
More
14 years 1 month ago #29474 by Jestor
Replied by Jestor on topic Re:Parkour and Freerunning
ok, on a completely related note... Has anyone heard of the \"Warrior Dash\"? And if so, is anyone here going to the one in Joliet, Il?

Check out their website.... Don't know what it is off of my head, but I found it on facebook....

I am seriously considering this... I am not in top shape and that worries me, but, just have a little belly... I think I could do that....

Per my earlier comment about that in the urban setting, evidently, these folks put on a similar event called an \"Urban Run\".... In Chicago ...

On walk-about...

Sith ain't Evil...
Jedi ain't Saints....

"Bake or bake not. There is no fry" - Sean Ching

Rite: PureLand
Former Memeber of the TOTJO Council
Master: Jasper_Ward
Current Apprentices: Viskhard, DanWerts, Llama Su, Trisskar
Former Apprentices: Knight Learn_To_Know, Knight Edan, Knight Brenna, Knight Madhatter

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
13 years 4 months ago #36116 by
Replied by on topic Re:Parkour and Freerunning
I love free running mostly in the woods.....theres just something very freeing about bounding through the forest leaping over things and climbing trees....makes you feel like a wild animal...parkour is a great physical workout but its also a very mental...jediesque activity....its essentially built around the concept of self preservation and helping others....well not freerunning...thats mostly tricks...parkour is commonly mixed up with it...parkour is essentially the art of getting from point A to point B in the fastest time taking the fastest route to traverse obstacles....i recently read an article about parkour...they described it as a \"reclamation of our humanity\"...which i loved...it teaches us to move in ways that we should have been doing since we were children and allows us to fully interact with our world rather than being sheltered from it...it helps you to overcome fears and pains and learn to apply this in every aspect of your life...as with most activities...you must not only be a master in body...but a master in mind...to become great at it

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi