Past lives, seriously?

• RyuJin
  • Master
  • Master
    Registered
  • The Path of Ignorance is Paved with Fear
More
11 years 2 months ago #94254 by RyuJin
Replied by RyuJin on topic Re: Past lives, seriously?
My memory must be shoddier than I originally thought...all these quotes of me that I don't even remember typing....

About deja vu...I typically keep track of everything...this gives me documentation I can reference in the event of deja vu which is normally explained away as the two halves of the brain processing the same info at different speeds...

I'm a fast learner...I can learn via a large variety of methods, however there are fields of study that I fail in, even though my personality type excels in them....for example, my personality type excels in both science and math...yet I've failed in college algebra repeatedly no matter what method of study I used...yet I excelled in the various sciences with little to no effort...personality types are not fail safe explanations for everything...there are/will always be individuals that do not fit cleanly into a single or even several groupings....the world would be a pretty boring/predictable place if everything could be explained logically....some things simply defy all logic and requires a degree of open mindedness to study or understand....right now it seems that your cup is full and unable to hold anymore...

Warning: Spoiler!

Quotes:
Warning: Spoiler!

J.L.Lawson,Master Knight, M.div, Eastern Studies S.I.G. Advisor (Formerly Known as the Buddhist Rite)
Former Masters: GM Kana Seiko Haruki , Br.John
Current Apprentices: Baru
Former Apprentices:Adhara(knight), Zenchi (knight)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 2 months ago #94314 by
Replied by on topic Re: Past lives, seriously?
I think it's a fascinating idea. Not very scientific, but certainly fascinating.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 2 months ago #94647 by
Replied by on topic Re: Past lives, seriously?

Jestor wrote:

dont think there is such a thing to learning as quality. you just learn things, they are like 0's and 1's, just pickets of information ordered differently. theres no way it can be ordered with less quality, when theres just that one way its supposed to be ordered which is the only way its ordered correctly in. you just strive to order it in that one specific way, by whatever method you find the quickest.

Really?

So, you, in practicing you music will be the next Chopin? Tchaikovsky? Mozart?

You, my friend, have interesting ideas....

Only 1‘s and 0's?

Only "black and white"?

Only "up and down"?

Hmmmm...

yes, i think reality is very simple if you can see every attribute of it instead of just few, in which case the missing pieces are compensated with incorrect information which tends to corrupt everything else.

and its that incorrect information which makes things seem more complex than they really are.

yes, i think i have the potential to be a great musician. after all, music comes so easily to me.

Wendaline wrote: I look at the world around me and see that emotion is far from rational. When people get emotional (Angry, Sad, Jealous, etc) they usually act in very irrational ways, choosing the least beneficial action for their situation. I mean, if everyone acted rationally all the time then I doubt that our species would be plagued with so many horrors.

And just because something can not be proven at this point in time doesn't make it wrong. Our facts in this age are not all correct or "all knowing" just as they weren't a thousand years ago. Past lives may or may not be true. But even if it's proven false it's no worse a belief than any other. All that matters is what people choose to do with their beliefs.

we are all good from heart, but ultimately.. we are stupid, very, veery stupid.

if we were all omniknowing, we would act in our true potential, everyone being good. but its the stupidity, lacking knowledge which makes our judgment biased, and feelings.. are what we think based on our short knowledge, what we think is best based on what little we know. you cant blame feelings for the stupidity of us humans.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 years 11 months ago #104882 by
Replied by on topic Past lives, seriously?
You have interesting views Vilku, but I think I agree with RyuJin about your cup already being full. I learn very quickly, am good at science and math, and can play multiple instruments. I picked up all this with little effort and it came very quickly. I thought I was smarter than other people and pretty much just better and you couldnt convince me otherwise. Luckily, I have failed at gardening the past two years, my business went under, and I was humbled lol.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 years 11 months ago #105021 by

Vilku wrote: … i wonder, are they actually serious?

You bet we are serious; granted, though, some of us more so than others.

Vilku wrote: … i wonder whats the purpose of coming to believe such things …

There can be only one purpose, namely for the individual to come to terms with his/her reality. However, there may be many different reasons why an individual would want to come to such terms.

Vilku wrote: … does it actually help the individual to come in terms with their intuition …?

I’m making an assumption here, namely that you meant “to come to terms”. If my assumption is wrong, then I don’t know; I do not understand the question. If my assumption is correct, the answer is yes. As far as the extension “/imagination” in your originally assumed question is concerned, it is certainly possible that someone may seek affirmation of his/her imagination (surely not all of it, but parts) in past lives. For me personally, that is not a reason for reconciling the present with past lives.

Vilku wrote: … are these people, simply as that, messed up …?

I cannot speak for anyone else, but I don’t regard myself as messed up any more than the next person, whether that person believes in reincarnation or not. To be honest though, the way you put your question seems to me that you’ve already decided that we who believe in reincarnation are “messed up”. That’s okay with me. As you said in your original post:

Vilku wrote: …

whatever, …

Vilku wrote: … these beliefs arent any beneficial to them …

I guess it’s the same as with any other belief; the “benefit” will differ from individual to individual and that for some there may very well be no benefit.

Vilku wrote: i dont know, i wish i knew more on the subject which is why im writing here …

I can tell you two things:

First, like many other belief systems (such as Christianity, Islam and Judaism) there are differences in the content (or details, if you wish) of the belief among sub-groups.

Second, from a scientific perspective, there is very little published on the subject. Some work was done during the 1950’s. Valuable work was done – and decently published – not so long ago by one Dr. Michael Newton and more recently the noetic scientists are also looking into it. Personally, I would recommend you start with Dr. Newton’s works. He published a couple of books that are not too challenging to read, but then again, maybe it’s not up to your level. Check him out and decide for yourself; you’ll get plenty of hits with any search engine.

Peace.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 years 11 months ago #105552 by

Vilku wrote: ive heard quite a time people mentioning this subject, i wonder, are they actually serious?

whatever, but i wonder whats the purpose of coming to believe such things, does it actually help the individual to come in terms with their intuition/imagination or are these people, simply as that, messed up, that these beliefs arent any beneficial to them?

i dont know, i wish i knew more on the subject which is why im writing here if you know any better, so do you?

I read a book "Does the Soul Survive?: A Jewish Journey to Belief in Afterlife, Past Lives & Living with Purpose" written by Rabbi Elie Spitz. That deals with the Jewish perspective on past lives and reincarnation. It was very revealing and Rabbi Spitz's conclusion was that from his personal experience yes Past Lives exist and that their is nothing, at least Jewishly or Biblically, that would be opposed to the idea.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 years 10 months ago #107605 by
I believe that I will be reincarnated many times over. I do not necessarily mean that everything that I am will come back in a single being. I mean that my life energy will be released at the moment of my death, and it will become part of the energy that surrounds us. I will become part of everything because my life energy will add to the energy of creation. Through this, I will be reincarnated in many forms because my energy will help birth new beings. I plan to make sure I am directly reincarnated as a tree in addition to the many other beings that I will be reincarnated as at the same time. My death will bring about new life. It is all part of a cycle. For life, there must be death.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 years 10 months ago #108695 by

Hiram wrote:

Vilku wrote: … are these people, simply as that, messed up …?

I cannot speak for anyone else, but I don’t regard myself as messed up any more than the next person, whether that person believes in reincarnation or not. To be honest though, the way you put your question seems to me that you’ve already decided that we who believe in reincarnation are “messed up”. That’s okay with me. As you said in your original post:

at the time when i wrote that post, yes i was quite firm with the idea of all this being nonsense.

now ive thought the subject from a less scientific perspective, and it does make subjective sense that life is just a dream and thus you dont really get out of the dream until you wake up, even if you die. we dont wake up from dreams when we die in them, so why would life be any different?

although, even as convincing as subjective experience based reasoning is, psychology seems to point out that its all illusion. that we believe and think the way just because of attributes we poses.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi