Past lives, seriously?

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 2 months ago #94094 by
Past lives, seriously? was created by
ive heard quite a time people mentioning this subject, i wonder, are they actually serious?

whatever, but i wonder whats the purpose of coming to believe such things, does it actually help the individual to come in terms with their intuition/imagination or are these people, simply as that, messed up, that these beliefs arent any beneficial to them?

i dont know, i wish i knew more on the subject which is why im writing here if you know any better, so do you?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Jestor
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
    Registered
  • What you want to learn, determines your teacher ..
More
11 years 2 months ago #94096 by Jestor
Replied by Jestor on topic Re: Past lives, seriously?
Renown American Psycic, Silvia Browne, says we are here in each life to learn a lesson....

If you fail to learn the lesson you set for yourself, you have yourself repeat the lesson...

If you learn the lesson, you set a new lesson and work on it....

Until you feel you have learned all there is to learn...

And, while we are all learning our lessons, we are helping others learn theirs...

Any validity?

I don't know, but, it sounds like a good theory....:)

On walk-about...

Sith ain't Evil...
Jedi ain't Saints....

"Bake or bake not. There is no fry" - Sean Ching

Rite: PureLand
Former Memeber of the TOTJO Council
Master: Jasper_Ward
Current Apprentices: Viskhard, DanWerts, Llama Su, Trisskar
Former Apprentices: Knight Learn_To_Know, Knight Edan, Knight Brenna, Knight Madhatter
The following user(s) said Thank You: Brenna

More
11 years 2 months ago #94098 by Wescli Wardest

"A rose by any other name would smell as sweet"
-William Shakespeare

“There is surely nothing other than the single purpose of the present moment. A man's whole life is a succession of moment after moment. There will be nothing else to do, and nothing else to pursue. Live being true to the single purpose of the moment.”
“It is said that what is called "the spirit of an age" is something to which one cannot return. That this spirit gradually dissipates is due to the world's coming to an end. For this reason, although one would like to change today's world back to the spirit of one hundred years or more ago, it cannot be done. Thus it is important to make the best out of every generation.”
― Yamamoto Tsunetomo

Two different people from two different times and they both have a similar message.

There is something to be gained at studying the many different possibilities which exist, but we should not let them create a loss in the moment. What good would it be to know everything about something if it takes us away from where we are?

Rather reincarnation exists or no t is not for me to say… that is for the individual to decide for themselves. And it is good to have a understanding of where we come form! But not at the expense of what is currently going on. Life will give you the opportunity to learn what you need; all you have to do is be willing to learn it. ;)

Monastic Order of Knights

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 2 months ago #94099 by
Replied by on topic Re: Past lives, seriously?
Look at life and the world around you. See if you find clues or evidence to help you decide whether it exists or not. Think on those clues and then decide on your own whether you believe it or not.

Just my two cents

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 2 months ago #94101 by
I don't know anything about my past lives. I've forgotten them or they never happened. If anyone has met me in the past send me a PM.

I do think there is a lot of truth in this

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jungian_archetypes

Weither it's DNA based or a collective unconscious (or both) is subject of much discussion and proabably never will be setteled. As usual with force things you feel something is true/false or you accept it on faith.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 2 months ago - 11 years 2 months ago #94108 by

Wescli Wardest wrote: Two different people from two different times and they both have a similar message.

i do think pschologicaly speaking, theres only a bit over twelve thousand variations of how humans can be from within, however even if there are about 600000? people exactly insides like me even now, that they are me. inherently we are still separate material even if our genetics chose exactly same imprints.

i think past lives theory is just mystical hype, just hype over what gives inspiration for imagination people otherwise would refuse.

@rick the great

what has archetypes to do with this?

yes i do think unconscious is superior to the conscious and therefore i think the whole idea of "collective unconscious" is just a primitive way to explaing how unconscious knows more about other people than you, because uncosncious has access to all the data you have unconsciously gathered of the others. this data is accessible to conscious mind too but requires alot of experience with ineracting the unconscious. although i think it can come in bursts too, since the link to unconscious mind weavers around depending on your "spiritual" growth.

however i dont think there is any super naturality or pre-scripted collective unconsciousnesses to the way our unconscious mind works. i think it developes by experience, separately from the conscious realm while still connected and dominating it too.

if it was pre-scripted, then why could people go crazy? i think its experience based and thats why our unconscious mind can turn against us if we get too much of negative experiences, which then in turn corrupt our guiding force, the unconscious.

which is the dark side, in our jedi terminology.
Last edit: 11 years 2 months ago by .

More
11 years 2 months ago #94109 by Wescli Wardest
Truth can be found in many things. ;)

Monastic Order of Knights

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 2 months ago #94111 by
I normally get annoyed when someone posts something vague in a thread I have posted but that's just me. So I'll leave you with this vague quote.

50 Years ago smoking was considered good, 50 years later it is considered highly dangerous.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 2 months ago #94113 by
too vague...archetypes!

More
11 years 2 months ago #94115 by Proteus
Replied by Proteus on topic Re: Past lives, seriously?
In the sense that most people think of reincarnation, I don't follow it. I ponder it in a different sense though.

Following Alan Watts, in the case that the "I" that I think is me, is not me, but the whole of the universe pretending to be me, then all that is happening is - I am (as you are), not me, not you, but the player just pretending to be each of us, and the process of "reincarnation" is not an individual ego being re-positioned into a new body, but simply the universe ending the thought of me, and simply beginning a new thought of somebody else.

“For it is easy to criticize and break down the spirit of others, but to know yourself takes a lifetime.”
― Bruce Lee

House of Orion
Offices: Education Administration
TM: Alexandre Orion | Apprentice: Loudzoo (Knight)

The Book of Proteus
IP Journal | Apprentice Volume | Knighthood Journal | Personal Log

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi