Freemason Jedis

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 years 2 months ago #135242 by
Replied by on topic Freemason Jedis

Lightstrider wrote: There's Jabulon too, but to me it seems all the talk of Lucifer and what not are metaphors like any dogma. The higher power of Lucifer is the higher power of man's intellect I think.

That's the exact context I was speaking about, not some kind of biblical Lucifer as some would think. Thank you for pointing that out.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 years 2 months ago #135259 by
Thank you very much, FraterDavid.

That cleared things up significantly. I'll have to do some thinking.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 years 2 months ago #135270 by
The Lodge was the first Temple of Jedi, in truth. It was begun in secrecy because its members lived in a world where the truest Evil lurked behind the mask of righteousness. The Catholic Church murdered people by the millions for practicing alternative faiths, and while science was giving birth to free-thinking men and women with courage enough to delve into the mysteries of ancient knowledge, the ignorant masses hunted in order to feed their lust for blood. Even today, the greatest threat to Freemasons are ironically, the Christians. It is natural for humans to fear what they do not know, as it is supernatural to dive into the abyss with eagerness to retrieve the jewel of wisdom.

In this context, the lodge represented the first Universal Church. As to the worship of Lucifer, the name which means, "Lightbringer," I do not believe the Lodge, which speaks in symbol, professes to worship the Christian Satan. It is the symbol which means "Truth." Inner Truth which when uncovered by introspection and reflection becomes a shining beacon to the world and a guidestone upon the path for others to follow.

More
10 years 2 months ago #135395 by Llama Su
Replied by Llama Su on topic Freemason Jedis
Well... Some of my suspicions still ring loud... Its compartmentalization, as I see it...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VpM30Y8rrSM

Around 1:52 in the song, its explained...

I am not thinking my mind will be changed, just as I know I am not going to change the minds of the masons...
I see it like Campbell, when he had a discussion with a priest...

If your blind to the wicked ways, the devil plays tricks on your mind...

More
10 years 2 months ago #135423 by Zanthan Storm
Replied by Zanthan Storm on topic Freemason Jedis
Llama,
Everyone will have suspicions. There may be compartmentalization.
However, referencing songs and campbell does not mean it applies. Not that I am saying that Masons are not beyond evil, but no one really is. Mason's are mortal and just of capable of wondrous or horrible things as the next person.

I would look on the compartmentalization as a teaching tool. I use it with my students in a way. I hold information they are not ready to hear until they have come to the proper level to understand and interpret it. It does require that the teacher act ethically and morally.

The age old wisdom of power corrupts it is a great equalizer, all who touch it are tested and very few come through the other side uncorrupted. I would look at the people, not the message. As it is the people who corrupt the message every time. Who let anger and lack of objectivity (as you referenced) block their openmindedness.

As far as I see it, there is only so much that can be gained by speculation of what could be in places where myself and others are not aware. While I am all about exploring what ifs.. it will only serve to frustrate and distract in our true goal here as Jediists.

my 0.02

Zanthan Storm
AKA Rev. Michael Ziskovsky OCP D.Div.

Master Knight of Jediism
Founder of Roseville, MN Chapter of TOTJO

Current Apprentice: The Coyote
Past Master: GM Neaj Pa Bol
Past Apprentices: Sr. Knight Kira, Knight Myos, Doriann

"Let no one thing control your life, seek to be complete and at peace."
The following user(s) said Thank You: Wescli Wardest, Llama Su

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 years 2 months ago #135545 by
@ Zanthan Storm: My previous question probably got lost in the discussion but I'd still be really interested to know whether or not groups like the "Woodmen of the World", "The Benevolent and Protective Order of the Elks" and similar ones which use(d) (initiation) rituals almost identical with those used in masonry are to be considered "irregular" Freemasons of some sort?
Who determines what is "mason" and what isn't? Is it a question of ritual or of affiliation with a certain Grand Lodge?

More
10 years 2 months ago #135549 by Zanthan Storm
Replied by Zanthan Storm on topic Re:Freemason Jedis
@Ve-Lo-Zi: sorry I missed it. To my knowledge one must be initiated in a registered lodge. I would consider then Kinsmen. The grand lodge would likely not consider them Masons. However, it looks like I have another email for the Grand Master. :)

Zanthan Storm

Master Knight of Jediism

"Let no one thing control your life, seek to be complete and at peace."
The following user(s) said Thank You:

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 years 2 months ago #135550 by
I just saw now when I googled it that the "Benevolent and Protective Order of the Elks" I mentioned above, which is apparently a very large group in the US, also has a "Grand Lodge" and "local lodges". Interesting....

More
10 years 2 months ago #135551 by Zanthan Storm
Replied by Zanthan Storm on topic Re:Freemason Jedis
Agreed.

Zanthan Storm

Master Knight of Jediism