Gedi

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 2 weeks ago - 7 years 2 weeks ago #280336 by
Replied by on topic Gedi

Streen wrote: I've made a lot of mistakes in my life. I regret the vast majority of the things I've done. I don't know if you can appreciate what that feels like, to look at your life and wish you could start over from the beginning and do everything different.

I think most people have. What's important is that you learn from those mistakes and make reparations.

Streen wrote: It's been said that I have not had any new ideas in a long time, that my 20 years as a Jedi are irrelevant if I haven't done anything recent.

I don't follow... who's said that? Why would one's previous studies be irrelevant?

Streen wrote: Well, that's why I'm posting this. It may not be clear at first what I've created, but those with patience will discover what it there.

Uh...huh. Is this an apology or an advertisement?

OB1Shinobi wrote: you have to be a proper student before you can be a proper teacher; there are genuine experts in the world; you have to learn from them before you can claim to be one

I wonder, though... where did the first teachers come from?
Last edit: 7 years 2 weeks ago by .

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
7 years 2 weeks ago #280340 by Brick
Replied by Brick on topic Gedi
'The thing is, the Jedi have changed. It's a religion now. Perhaps that's part of the reason I'm creating this page, to get away from the religiosity of the Jedi. Here, we are Gedi, rebels against the religion, focusing on self-fulfillment and the liberation of the mind.'

This statement on your website confuses me for several reasons:

1. If you're against the Jedi Religion, why are you posting this in a Church? I appreciate not everyone her is a follower of the 'religion' but surely you see my point?

2. You say your focusing on 'self-fulfilment and liberation of the mind', whilst perhaps not the ONLY things we focus on here, are they not still a large focus of what we do here? And if so, then what are you trying to offer that is different to what is offered here?

Apprentice to Maitre Chevalier Jedi Alexandre Orion

Moderator | Welcome Team | IP Team

IP Journal | IP Journal 2 | AP Journal | Open Journal

'The only contest any of us should be engaged in is with ourselves, to be better than yesterday'

- Knight Senan

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 2 weeks ago #280345 by
Replied by on topic Gedi
To me it seems you are trying to recruit people and create your own "religion", "order" whatever, i don't understand any of your statments, i for example don't think Jediism is just a religion, i belive the jedi path is a way of life, and not everyone can become a jedi, because being a jedi requires sacrifices, i bet with everyone that many jews, cristians or muslims make good actions because they have afraid of "hell" or afraid they are not going to Heaven, i call bullshit to that, thats not being a good person that is being afraid of the outcome, if you truly want to help others you dont film to put on youtue, you dont say to others " hey i helped someone today" you just help you just do, and you help not because you want to go to heaven but because you want to help others to make a diference in the world to make other's people lifes better (i am not saying that all people act on fear but many do). jedi is just a word, a name that we gave of what we belive (Jorge Lucas did xD), we all love Star Wars and we are here because of that no matter what, Lucas invented the jedi order, he combined many religions and ideas and called those warriors of the light, jedi. We are Star wars lovers that in fact agreed with those ideas and created a real life jediism, my point is that we could be called Gedi, jedi, jhdjshsd whatever we want, the ideas, the actions and what goes in our hearts is all that matter.

More
7 years 2 weeks ago - 7 years 2 weeks ago #280361 by Carlos.Martinez3
Replied by Carlos.Martinez3 on topic Gedi
For me in my Jediism everything has taken and lead to ... Right here , right where I am. I'm not a right wrong guy. Seek friend seek ! You WILL find what it is you seek. I promise. Growing up I had a million tags names associations memberships friends and clubs. Some were made of coushins ,wood , friends, slides, homes , basketball courts yards , neighborhoods, cities and country's. I would hope no Jedi would tell you ever ... No, I won't. Be what u need to be. Keep seeking and keep learning.
*personal note
Some day you will see jeans with Instaed of pockets , bandanas , old ideas. Some clubs never go out as well as some ideas.you may see a few like yours ... Love it brother live it bro ! Do it ! Your life is in your very capable hands . As is our own, it's in our own hands if we want it. May the Loving Force we share keep you and may you find it where you seek it. My box is always open

Pastor of Temple of the Jedi Order
pastor@templeofthejediorder.org
Build, not tear down.
Nosce te ipsum / Cerca trova
Last edit: 7 years 2 weeks ago by Carlos.Martinez3.

More
7 years 2 weeks ago #280366 by Kit
Replied by Kit on topic Gedi

Streen wrote: Okay, I'm obviously doing something wrong here, so if I were to turn over a new leaf, what would be my first step?

Streen, all I know about you is the ranting. Every time I've seen you post in the past it was a verbal diarrhea of attacks without discussion. For me when I see any of your accounts pop up on threads I think "Oh gods, what's he up to now?" and don't normally open the threads unless I'm bored and feel like watching some drama.

I was bored so here I am XD

Now, if you are sincere in wanting to be a part of the community, I also recommend putting input into the forums. Thing is, I have no idea who you are and I can be considered among the 'old timers' here now.

"He who knows does not speak; he who speaks does not know". Ya know?

"Actions speak louder than words" and all that, but the problem with the internet is there's no action, there's only words. We can only learn and instruct with words here. Words show us the shape of a person. And those words over time will build the reputation of that person. I'd hazard to say that when I choose to speak, most of the folks who've been around for a while will give weight to my words. Since I haven't been as active lately, the newcomers don't know me yet. Some people I'll take their words as law (so to speak), then there are other folks who when they speak, I disregard them. Both for the same reason. Their words over time have proven worthwhile (or not) to listen to.

So find a thread that's interesting to you, and add your thoughts and engage in discussion. Ask questions, involve yourself in chat. These are all ways we get to know you and how to build your reputation one way or the other if that is what you desire.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 2 weeks ago #280371 by
Replied by on topic Gedi
Am I the only one that’s confused on how you pronounce Gedi?

Is it an odd spelling of Jedi, or is it pronounced Geh-di, like the unholy offspring of giddy and yeti.

Anyone?

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 2 weeks ago #280376 by
Replied by on topic Gedi
I've always pronounced it like --> "Gee die"

Streen. Stop being a "Leader" and go back to being a "Student"

Learn

Or get out.

More
7 years 2 weeks ago #280379 by JamesSand
Replied by JamesSand on topic Gedi
Ooh, someone actually talked about the content of the mystery site -

Here, we are Gedi, rebels against the religion, focusing on self-fulfillment and the liberation of the mind.'

I'm sure taken out of context, but it's all I've got - If the author is referring to TotJO as "The Religion" and feels that a good rebellion is in order...then gee whiz I want to live where they live, in must be a magical wonderland of freedom and expression if the most oppressive thing they can find to fight is TotJO.

like the unholy offspring of giddy and yeti.

Who the hell are you to sit in judgment of the love affairs of Yeti?IT'
Damn, maybe they're right. Friggin prescriptive religions, telling me how to live.

Streen wrote: LOL "Baggage".... that's a word that doesn't come close to what I deal with.

I find it jarring that people who write "lol" are old enough to have baggage now. That is apropos of nothing, just fed up with those dang kids on kids on my lawn, etc etc.

It's not a competition and we don't know each other well enough for me to care much what your baggage is, but it's naive of you to imagine you're the first living creature with problems - That's not a throw away line(bee tee dubs), realising that might be a good step to communicating and bonding with your fellow humans.
The following user(s) said Thank You:

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 2 weeks ago #280382 by
Replied by on topic Gedi

Streen wrote: "He who knows does not speak; he who speaks does not know". Ya know?

Ps here's a link to my website

:huh:

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi