Gedi

More
7 years 2 weeks ago #280296 by Manu
Replied by Manu on topic Gedi

OB1Shinobi wrote: how should people react to this?
you say you wish you could do things differently but this is the same pattern you always follow

i mean its almost verbatum
"gee, sorry everybody. i know ive been doing things wrong but you know, ive come to realize something... oh btw, heres a link to my new website"

....then you vanish

so maybe you could do things differently this time by engaging some of the people in this thread who have made genuine attempt to talk to you.

i dont mean ME btw lol i give you a hard time all the time so i dont blame you for not wanting to answer to me, but martalina and zenchi, br john and elizabeth, and now codex, all have made an attempt, a sincere attempt i think, to create a dialogue with you.
you could honor those attempts, show them the respect that such bids for connection deserve, if youd really like to do things differently

everybody wants to be accepted, and we all want to feel connected to others, maybe thats what youre after right now. if so, heres your chance; you opened this topic, stick with it. dont just linkdrop and disappear this time

You know what they say, want to never be proven wrong? Start a blog.

Streen, you should definitely sell ebooks. Suspense and emotional appeal work wonderfully there.

The pessimist complains about the wind;
The optimist expects it to change;
The realist adjusts the sails.
- William Arthur Ward
The following user(s) said Thank You: Amaya, OB1Shinobi

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 2 weeks ago #280301 by
Replied by on topic Gedi
Streen... resurrected for what, the 100th time? Thinking of that name does not conjure thoughts of leadership, integrity, mentorship, strong character, or steadfast morals... skitzsophrenia on the other hand...yea.

This is not a dig designed to inflict damage for damages sake. Moreso it's an attempt at a wakeup call... although probably a futile one as you seem to never learn and never get better. The curtain closed on your tired act some time ago and yet you continue to perform, oblivious that your audience has become bored with the hipocracy and left.

I don't know what else to say... if you can't recognize these facts you are truly lost. Many here still want to help, although only "the force" knows why, but if you can't make that first step into the light and truly admit you have a very deep seated problem there is no path back. Only you can make that journey through the dark to reach out in true sincerity, no one else.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 2 weeks ago - 7 years 2 weeks ago #280302 by
Replied by on topic Gedi

Kyrin Wyldstar wrote: Streen... resurrected for what, the 100th time? Thinking of that name does not conjure thoughts of leadership, integrity, mentorship, strong character, or steadfast morals... skitzsophrenia on the other hand...yea.

This is not a dig designed to inflict damage for damages sake. Moreso it's an attempt at a wakeup call... although probably a futile one as you seem to never learn and never get better. The curtain closed on your tired act some time ago and yet you continue to perform, oblivious that your audience has become bored with the hipocracy and left.

I don't know what else to say... if you can't recognize these facts you are truly lost. Many here still want to help, although only "the force" knows why, but if you can't make that first step into the light and truly admit you have a very deep seated problem there is no path back. Only you can make that journey through the dark to reach out in true sincerity, no one else.

My first thought after reading this. Made me smile. :)

Warning: Spoiler!
Last edit: 7 years 2 weeks ago by .

More
7 years 2 weeks ago - 7 years 2 weeks ago #280303 by Adder
Replied by Adder on topic Gedi
I don''t think its appropriate to be having people providing unsolicited mental health diagnosis in the main forum areas.

Yes, it is annoying, and borderline a breach of the spirit of the 'don't post just to link to ones own site', but unless someone is a qualified mental health expert I am going to assume it's name calling and itself a breach of the rules.

Something to consider is that cleaning up ones own posts of offending phrases does help remove prior history for people prone to repeat offending, but most importantly mitigates the damage caused by the initial breach.

Knight ~ introverted extropian, mechatronic neurothealogizing, technogaian buddhist. Likes integration, visualization, elucidation and transformation.
Jou ~ Deg ~ Vlo ~ Sem ~ Mod ~ Med ~ Dis
TM: Grand Master Mark Anjuu
Last edit: 7 years 2 weeks ago by Adder.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ben, Kit, Carlos.Martinez3,

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 2 weeks ago #280306 by
Replied by on topic Gedi

Adder wrote: I don''t think its appropriate to be having people providing unsolicited mental health diagnosis in the main forum areas.

Yes, it is annoying, and borderline a breach of the spirit of the 'don't post just to link to ones own site', but unless someone is a qualified mental health expert I am going to assume it's name calling and itself a breach of the rules.

Something to consider is that cleaning up ones own posts of offending phrases does help remove prior history for people prone to repeat offending, but most importantly mitigates the damage caused by the initial breach.

Thank you Adder you beat me to it , i recommend people who respond here to adres Streens ideas and not his personanl issues or psychological wellbeing , it really is highly uncalled for and very un Jedi

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 2 weeks ago - 7 years 2 weeks ago #280318 by
Replied by on topic Gedi
Last edit: 7 years 2 weeks ago by .

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 2 weeks ago #280320 by
Replied by on topic Gedi
Okay, I'm obviously doing something wrong here, so if I were to turn over a new leaf, what would be my first step?

More
7 years 2 weeks ago #280323 by Zenchi
Replied by Zenchi on topic Gedi
Leave your baggage behind you, and start contributing your opinion in the forums on a consistent and regular basis. Cease with the drama, and be a part of the active membership here...

My Word is my Honor, and my Honor is my Life ~ Sturm Brightblade
Passion, yet Serenity
Knighted Apprentice Arisaig
TM- RyuJin
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kit, OB1Shinobi, ,

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 2 weeks ago #280329 by
Replied by on topic Gedi
LOL "Baggage".... that's a word that doesn't come close to what I deal with.

Anyway, I try to contribute, but I find I rarely have anything to say. "He who knows does not speak; he who speaks does not know". Ya know?

I'll agree to drop the drama though.

More
7 years 2 weeks ago #280332 by Zenchi
Replied by Zenchi on topic Gedi

Streen wrote: LOL "Baggage".... that's a word that doesn't come close to what I deal with.

Anyway, I try to contribute, but I find I rarely have anything to say. "He who knows does not speak; he who speaks does not know". Ya know?

I'll agree to drop the drama though.

Like life, things aren't usually that black and white, especially here. It's easy to sit in the background and play it safe, we have more than our share of introverts...

I didn't suggest posting in every thread, just contribute regularly with your opinion. Be a small cog for once, and one day that bs behind you will cease to matter. Will take a good deal of time though...

My Word is my Honor, and my Honor is my Life ~ Sturm Brightblade
Passion, yet Serenity
Knighted Apprentice Arisaig
TM- RyuJin
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kit, OB1Shinobi,

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi