Hell Fire

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 3 months ago #174393 by
Replied by on topic Hell Fire

M Gray wrote:

Rickie The Grey wrote: Older than Roman Catholic?

the Byzantine/Greek Orthodox and Roman Catholic traditions both trace their roots back to the Apostles, so are equal.

It all depends on what side of the argument you are on, more often than not. Catholics view the Orthodox Church as having left the Catholic Church, and vice-versa.

I personally believe, from my study of things, that Orthodoxy has preserved more of the ancient faith than the other groups, but I could be wrong.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 3 months ago - 9 years 3 months ago #174395 by
Replied by on topic Hell Fire
I say hell is the Sun. They talk of hell being fire and brimstone and hotter than anything we can imagine. The Sun is fire and brimstone and hotter than anything we can imagine. The "good book" says that Satan would give people something to believe in and not just be a hidden force like "god". It stands to reason when you think about it. Not to mention, when it gets hot during the summer we all say, "It's hotter than hell outside."

There is no science or "true" religious belief in this, but it does make a little bit of sense, at least in my ways of thinking. There is always a madness to my methods. :woohoo:
Last edit: 9 years 3 months ago by . Reason: Fixing quotes

More
9 years 3 months ago #174396 by Adder
Replied by Adder on topic Hell Fire
Both states as described above seem accessible while alive as experiences, perhaps only briefly, but I guess we'll never now if they exist as permanent strata's which some part of us join after death. I do notice they seem to conveniently represent the two polar extremes of physical existence, on one end a bliss so intense it tends to best compare almost as a type of fire, and on the other a pain so intense it dissolves ones very essence.... so I'm not sure it's anything more then a projection and fantasy from those who have tasted those extreme states of mind/spirit/body. Then again anything outside our capacity to experience might well be expected to be represented as those extremities - and need not mean they are not generated from something outside our sensory capacities. I guess an interesting question could be would you want to experience them both while alive, briefly, and why... what would you do with that knowledge!?

Knight ~ introverted extropian, mechatronic neurothealogizing, technogaian buddhist. Likes integration, visualization, elucidation and transformation.
Jou ~ Deg ~ Vlo ~ Sem ~ Mod ~ Med ~ Dis
TM: Grand Master Mark Anjuu

More
9 years 1 month ago - 9 years 1 month ago #179861 by OB1Shinobi
Replied by OB1Shinobi on topic Hell Fire
i have zero belife in a static eternal punishment for not growing up in the course of one human lifetime

the state of immaturity itself is hell, no further punishment is needed

People are complicated.
Last edit: 9 years 1 month ago by OB1Shinobi.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi