Sith and True Power?

More
10 years 5 months ago #124890 by Angelus
Replied by Angelus on topic Sith and True Power?

Khaos wrote: Angelus, and what is the point or purpose of willpower or an indomitable will, if not to exert influence? Over yourself, others, etc?

I was asked for my opinion and I gave it. I merely stated my preference for influence over self above influence over others. I won't defend my beliefs, or the fact that I never contended the purpose or definition of willpower.

Jedi Knight
Former Masters: Mark Anjuu, Zanthan Storm, Br. John, Grom Fett

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 years 5 months ago #124958 by
Replied by on topic Sith and True Power?

tesscortis wrote: I have been reading into the "Sith" philosophy trying to understand their view on things to see how they differ from my own.

I keep coming across the term Power. They talk of gaining true power and that it leads to victory etc.

Can someone help me understand? What is true power to a sith? What does a sith believe power is?

Sit smish we are all one. Live your life as you choose because......It's all Ying Yang baby, It's always about the Ying and the Yang! :)

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 years 5 months ago #125050 by
Is the sith a real threat to us right now? Are we at risk of turning to a sinister side of the force?

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 years 5 months ago #125086 by
There is no Sith versus Jedi conflict existing outside of the Star Wars franchise. The Sith (those who aren't role playing) are generally not a bad group, they simply have different ideas on the Force than the Jedi do. Of course I'm no expert on the Sith (or the Jedi at that) however it is safe to say there is no "threat".

Also, there are Sith in the community here at TOTJO who, I'm sure, would be willing to speak with you about their chosen path.

My the Force be with you,
Rai

• RyuJin
  • Master
  • Master
    Registered
  • The Path of Ignorance is Paved with Fear
More
10 years 5 months ago - 10 years 5 months ago #125092 by RyuJin
Replied by RyuJin on topic Sith and True Power?
It's a matter of perspective, one chooses to focus on self before focusing on others, while the other one chooses to focus on others before focusing on self....both feel their way will benefit the greater good in the end...

As rai said there is no threat/war/etc between jedi and sith...we have sith members here and they're quite friendly and helpful...anytime someone comes in claiming to be sith and starts babbling about a war or what ever they're nothing more than roleplayers or trolls and are dealt with accordingly....

And the force is just the force, it isn't inherently light or dark its how one chooses to use it that determines if its light or dark...is electricity light or dark?...no it's neither and both...if it's used to cook food for the hungry then it's light, if it's used to take a life then it's dark...and of course light and dark are a matter of one's own perspective....one person's light is another's dark...

Warning: Spoiler!

Quotes:
Warning: Spoiler!

J.L.Lawson,Master Knight, M.div, Eastern Studies S.I.G. Advisor (Formerly Known as the Buddhist Rite)
Former Masters: GM Kana Seiko Haruki , Br.John
Current Apprentices: Baru
Former Apprentices:Adhara(knight), Zenchi (knight)
Last edit: 10 years 5 months ago by RyuJin.
The following user(s) said Thank You:

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi