10 years 5 months ago #120546 by
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=0pS_wPeDxDQ

This is gorgeous.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 years 5 months ago #120553 by
That really was gorgeous! Thank you so much for that share. My immediate thought on this is "well I'm going to go back to work with this idea that all I have to do is be, I'll bring that into the forefront in my mind", but then I would have missed the whole point Mooji is trying to make. You don't have to do anything or think any way. You just "are". Its the simple recognition of that very simple fact thats worth meditating on and experiencing directly. I will be smiling all day because of this.

Thank you!

More
10 years 5 months ago #120556 by Kohadre
Great video, thanks for sharing

So long and thanks for all the fish

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 years 5 months ago #120565 by
Thanks!

More
10 years 5 months ago #120614 by Gisteron
I've watched twice through this.. and understood literally not one bit of it. What is he saying? If there was an award for the longest speech with the least identifiable meaning and the most vagueness, I'd honestly vote for this man. In that sense it really was impressive.

Better to leave questions unanswered than answers unquestioned

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 years 5 months ago #120619 by
The message is quite clear:

If you're looking for enlightenment, you'll never find it. We overuse the intellectual faculties and "create" various states of heightened being. People "think" they are holy, like it is some sort of change.

But, in reality, enlightenment produces "no change", which is the whole point.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 years 5 months ago #120631 by
Dude, I am soooo enlightened right now...pass the cheetohs.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 years 5 months ago #120632 by
Lay off the weed. :P hahaha. *passes cheetohs*

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 years 5 months ago #120635 by

Gisteron wrote: I've watched twice through this.. and understood literally not one bit of it. What is he saying? If there was an award for the longest speech with the least identifiable meaning and the most vagueness, I'd honestly vote for this man. In that sense it really was impressive.

Basically, if you're searching for it, you'll not find it. It's more of a 'realization' than an experience. An 'awakening' of the mind's eye, for lack of better terms. Just like knowledge is an 'expression' of an 'impression'. lol

More
10 years 5 months ago #120641 by Gisteron
Except knowledge is quantifiable and demonstrable while enlightenment and awareness and awakening and all those other fuzzy words nobody really can even define aren't even that: distinguishable from their opposites. So everytime he refered to 'it' I was like "wtf is he talking about?". And as for intellectual faculties.. yes, its true that all those factulties where people drop long smart talks without even knowing what the topic is (like some sort of ominous 'it') aren't really getting people anywhere but ironically the ones that are making a difference and getting people somewhere do firstly not grant any arrogance in regards to knowledge or significance and secondly aren't referring to themselves as intellectual faculties which is a phrase, by the way, just google it, for which, too, there is not even any definition, let alone a consensus.

So if that enlightenment thing is not obtainable by working towards it and doesn't make a difference when its reached, how is one to say that one has it and another doesn't? In fact, how does one recognize it as opposed to just nothing?

Better to leave questions unanswered than answers unquestioned
The following user(s) said Thank You:

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi