Prefix Titles for Knights (Male / Female)

  • Alastor
  • Alastor's Avatar
  • Guest
30 Jan 2013 21:52 - 30 Jan 2013 21:56 #92256 by Alastor
Replied by Alastor on topic Prefix Titles for Knights (Male / Female)
We could have if Washington wanted to... they (colonists and founding fathers) did offer him the chance to be king about two times.


So instead of Kings and Queens we have, bear with me here, "His High Mightiness, the President of the United States and Protector of their Liberties" We Americans are so lucky that we no longer have to call Presidents that, but that is the technical title and way to address the President of the United States..too much of a mouthfull really
Last edit: 30 Jan 2013 21:56 by Alastor.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

  • Williamkaede
  • Williamkaede's Avatar
  • Guest
30 Jan 2013 23:19 #92267 by Williamkaede
Replied by Williamkaede on topic Prefix Titles for Knights (Male / Female)
I spent a little while wondering about using accomplishment, personality and specialty based titles for Knights. Specific little informal titles. For example; William Kaede, Knight of Heresy.


Something that gives insight into a person. They'd have to be given by others though.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

  • Seishan
  • Seishan's Avatar
  • Guest
02 Feb 2013 16:03 #92727 by Seishan
Replied by Seishan on topic Prefix Titles for Knights (Male / Female)

Jestor wrote: Cant we call the Queen Momma and ask her for a special disposition?


Not recently you can't (Unless you have a Ouija board):dry:

Williamkaede wrote: I spent a little while wondering about using accomplishment, personality and specialty based titles for Knights. Specific little informal titles. For example; William Kaede, Knight of Heresy.

George Romero Knight of the Living Dead? (Sorry couldn't resist, I'll get my coat!)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
02 Feb 2013 16:08 #92729 by Jestor

Seishan wrote:

Williamkaede wrote: I spent a little while wondering about using accomplishment, personality and specialty based titles for Knights. Specific little informal titles. For example; William Kaede, Knight of Heresy.

George Romero Knight of the Living Dead? (Sorry couldn't resist, I'll get my coat!)


Um, with humor like that....

I bow to you sir....

:woohoo:

On walk-about...

Sith ain't Evil...
Jedi ain't Saints....


"Bake or bake not. There is no fry" - Sean Ching


Rite: PureLand
TOTJO Council
Master: Jasper_Ward
Current Apprentices: Viskhard, DanWerts, Llama Su, Trisskar
Former Apprentices: Knight Learn_To_Know, Knight Edan, Knight Brenna, Knight Madhatter

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
13 Mar 2013 23:59 #97757 by Brenna

Alastor wrote: "His High Mightiness, the President of the United States and Protector of their Liberties"



I actually snorted with laughter at that one. Sorry!



Walking, stumbling on these shadowfeet

Part of the seduction of most religions is the idea that if you just say the right things and believe really hard, your salvation will be at hand.

With Jediism. No one is coming to save you. You have to get off your ass and do it yourself - Me

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
14 Mar 2013 00:56 #97760 by steamboat28

Metsu Desal wrote: We have a queen...without a king and/or queen there can not be knights...because of medieval times...America has no king or queen Jestor...


It was my understanding that one simply needed a font of honor with sufficient authority--IIRC, other Churches have used the authority of their Divinity as their font, through their high priest, whereas more "modern" organizations tend to find their fonts in heads of state.

While the titles themselves may cause a bit of a row in public, I don't necessarily know that there's anything stopping one from doing so. That said, I would assume that many areas of British origin would have some kind of law governing their use.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

  • ferreire580
  • ferreire580's Avatar
  • Guest
14 Mar 2013 01:33 #97763 by ferreire580
Replied by ferreire580 on topic Prefix Titles for Knights (Male / Female)
Like I think I saw before, would rank be used as a ceremonial purpose. I don't mean like "sir" or "lady", but the ranks like master, knight or whatever. Like in wedding ceremonies, formal gatherings and the such. For example: you are in the military and you are very close to your CO. Any other time you would call him by his name, but formally you refer to his rank. I hope I made sense lol I sometimes can't type what I'm thinking in my head.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

  • ferreire580
  • ferreire580's Avatar
  • Guest
14 Mar 2013 01:35 - 14 Mar 2013 01:35 #97764 by ferreire580
Replied by ferreire580 on topic Prefix Titles for Knights (Male / Female)

ferreire580 wrote: Like I think I saw before, would rank be used as a ceremonial purpose. I don't mean like "sir" or "lady", but the ranks like master, knight or whatever. Like in wedding ceremonies, formal gatherings and the such. For example: you are in the military and you are very close to your CO. Any other time you would call him by his name, but formally you refer to his rank. I hope I made sense lol I sometimes can't type what I'm thinking in my head.


Lol I just noticed I use "like" way too much hahaha :laugh:
Last edit: 14 Mar 2013 01:35 by ferreire580.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

  • Hadi Apollos
  • Hadi Apollos's Avatar
  • Guest
14 Mar 2013 05:42 #97781 by Hadi Apollos
Replied by Hadi Apollos on topic Prefix Titles for Knights (Male / Female)

Brenna wrote:

Alastor wrote: "His High Mightiness, the President of the United States and Protector of their Liberties"



I actually snorted with laughter at that one. Sorry!


I did too. Not just because of the name, but because that is far from accurate for our current president :P

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
15 Mar 2013 00:40 #97919 by Wescli Wardest
Every time I see this thread I can't help but want the title...

Number-one Mega-Super Ultra-Ultimate Bad-Ass Jedi Dude... Sir.

hahahhahahhahha :woohoo:

Monastic Order of Knights

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: KobosBrickZero