Can someone bring me up to speed on the new Order?

More
1 year 10 months ago - 1 year 10 months ago #368162 by River

Wescli Wardest wrote:

It seems a lot of the conversations happen on Discord now. I believe you have to get invited or permission to join. Roz would be a good one to PM about that.

There's a link to the Discord in the "chat" tab. Anyone can follow that and chat in a lobby and a few rooms like the pastors room and some ceremonial spaces. Once you enter the lobby, someone will verify that you have an account here on the site under the same username and you'll be given access to all of the rooms appropriate to your rank (there's something like 70 available for new accounts). Its a pretty simple process, no invite required.
Last edit: 1 year 10 months ago by River.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rex

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
1 year 10 months ago - 1 year 10 months ago #368163 by

Wescli Wardest wrote:
A lot has changed since you were last here. The IP has less to do with the Star Wars mythos and more to do with personal development. In fact, just about anything Star Wars has been stricken from just about all the training.

All joking aside, many of those that were here are not any more. I try to log in at least once a week; but, sadly most of the old crew has moved on. The new people are have new ideas and are trying new things so a lot has changed.

I talk with Jestor more on the phone than I do here. He's good. ;)

The house thing was something brought up a long time ago but we shot it down in council to avoid cliques from forming. The new guys like cliques I guess so it got instituted. :P No, in all seriousness, I believe it is because they are less focused on the living moment and more into the history of, or where we come from.

I miss Jestor, he was one of the very first, if not the first person, I ever spoke with at TotJO. I do feel very grateful that he is feeling well and may the Force shine with you for keeping in touch with him, Wescli!

The information you wrote about the Temple also really helps to make better sense of what is happening as I have not yet figured everything out. :blink: If I may be so free to ask, is there a major planning of what lays ahead, and/or maybe things I should be aware of that has already changed? I did notice moderation policy, some bits of the House system, rank requirements/changes, IP changes and heard that the Apprentice path is currently under change too.. I experience some difficulty figuring out where all that information about what has changed can be found.
Last edit: 1 year 10 months ago by .

• Whyte Horse
  • Topic Author
  • Banned
  • Banned
    Registered
  • Do not try to understand me... rather realize there is no me.
More
1 year 10 months ago #368170 by Whyte Horse

Wescli Wardest wrote:
Hello Whyte Horse,

It's been a while. I hope you have been well, your current situation considered.
A lot has changed since you were last here. The IP has less to do with the Star Wars mythos and more to do with personal development. In fact, just about anything Star Wars has been stricken from just about all the training. They might as well call it Temple of the Personal development and book report order. LOL :lol:

All joking aside, many of those that were here are not any more. I try to log in at least once a week; but, sadly most of the old crew has moved on. The new people are have new ideas and are trying new things so a lot has changed.

You were a member before and the forums were set up differently, hence why you could post. You'll probably have to resubmit/submit application (if they even still do that) and become a member again.

I talk with Jestor more on the phone than I do here. He's good. ;)

The house thing was something brought up a long time ago but we shot it down in council to avoid cliques from forming. The new guys like cliques I guess so it got instituted. :P No, in all seriousness, I believe it is because they are less focused on the living moment and more into the history of, or where we come from.

It seems a lot of the conversations happen on Discord now. I believe you have to get invited or permission to join. Roz would be a good one to PM about that.

If you have any more questions I'll be happy to help in any way I can :)

Oh hey there! It's great to see a familiar name. I actually looked at that houses spreadsheet and it was informative to see who apprenticed under whom. I'm not a clique guy but some people like the slow lane, some the fast lane, and those who don't use lanes ;). I had to learn that pretty quickly driving in Indonesia.

Do you and/or Jestor take on apprentices still? I'm looking at starting the IP over and could use help transitioning from the old to the new as well as a master that doesn't use lanes. Maybe there's somebody out there now but I only have what I remember.

What happened to VTOG? She was barely out of diapers back when I was on here ;).

Few are those who see with their own eyes and feel with their own hearts.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Serenity Amyntas

• Whyte Horse
  • Topic Author
  • Banned
  • Banned
    Registered
More
1 year 10 months ago #368172 by Whyte Horse

Aqua wrote: I miss Jestor, he was one of the very first, if not the first person, I ever spoke with at TotJO. I do feel very grateful that he is feeling well and may the Force shine with you for keeping in touch with him, Wescli!

The information you wrote about the Temple also really helps to make better sense of what is happening as I have not yet figured everything out. :blink: If I may be so free to ask, is there a major planning of what lays ahead, and/or maybe things I should be aware of that has already changed? I did notice moderation policy, some bits of the House system, rank requirements/changes, IP changes and heard that the Apprentice path is currently under change too.. I experience some difficulty figuring out where all that information about what has changed can be found.

I found all the info hiding in the FAQ. https://www.templeofthejediorder.org/faq
Anyway, Jestor was one of my first contacts too. He was a great keeper of the peace when he was moderator. It's probably not a coincidence we're all showing up now. I keep encountering these 1 in a million things lately. Something is afoot, methinks. The only time I come back to TOTJO is when I feel lost. To come back and everyone you knew is gone is like that feeling when someone has died. Seeing you and Wesclii brought my heart back up out of my stomach :). Maybe we can get a revival going and do hot dogs on the weekend or something like that.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Carlos.Martinez3,

More
1 year 10 months ago #368175 by Zero
IN reference to “does jestor take on apprentices…..the answer is un fortunately no. I’ve seen jestor on here twice in the last 5 years and it was for like 5 minutes each time.

And while still great to reminisce with things and people from the past, my advice would be to focus on the here and now. I’ve answered that question above multiple times in this very thread. I’d like to see you both work your way through the ip so in December you could become apprentices to a knight who is actually still here.

Please don’t think I’m being rude…far from it. From all I’ve heard about jestor he seemed like a great guy and I’m friends with his apprentice edan, but he’s moved on from totjo.

Master Zero
House of Orion
TOTJO Council Member
Head Moderator and Education Administration Member
Journals- IP / Apprentice / Knight / BDiv / MDiv / Personal
My Apprentices: Khwang, Morkano
Knighted Apprentices: Diana W, Atania, Ashria, Tannis Yarl, Tavi, Rini

”Everything that exists in this world has a hidden meaning within. When you look deeper at things, beyond initial appearance, you discover their true reality.”

The following user(s) said Thank You: River

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
1 year 10 months ago - 1 year 10 months ago #368184 by

Zero wrote: I’d like to see you both work your way through the ip so in December you could become apprentices to a knight who is actually still here.

Dear Zero, I like your spirit and warmth on the IP matter.. but I cannot give a guarantee I will be ready in December because learning is a very delicate process to me! :P For me it may be earlier than December but as well be later depending on how the Force directs me.
Last edit: 1 year 10 months ago by .

More
1 year 10 months ago #368194 by Zero
It won’t be earlier. There is a moratorium on new apprenticeships until the new DQS comes up in December

Master Zero
House of Orion
TOTJO Council Member

”Everything that exists in this world has a hidden meaning within. When you look deeper at things, beyond initial appearance, you discover their true reality.”

• Whyte Horse
  • Topic Author
  • Banned
  • Banned
    Registered
More
1 year 10 months ago #368199 by Whyte Horse

Zero wrote: It won’t be earlier. There is a moratorium on new apprenticeships until the new DQS comes up in December

DQS? Dairy Queen Service?

The following user(s) said Thank You: Diana W

More
1 year 10 months ago #368201 by River

Whyte Horse wrote:

Zero wrote: It won’t be earlier. There is a moratorium on new apprenticeships until the new DQS comes up in December

DQS? Dairy Queen Service?

Degree Qualification Scheme

More
1 year 10 months ago #368206 by Zero
I think my (and councils) biggest concern is the several new and returning members who keep mentioning a new order. There is no new order. Yes We have new ip lessons, yes we’re creating new lessons for the degree scheme. But that’s about it. Our existing council members have all been on council for many years. Our rules and policies haven’t changed much since I came here 5 years ago. So my question is a simple one, why are all you returning members convinced there is some new order? Who has convinced you of some non existent big change? Being someone who has logged in to the temple daily for working on 5 years, I can promise you that short of a few new ip lessons, totjo hasn’t changed much at all. Curious to see who responds to this with an actual answer.

Master Zero
House of Orion
TOTJO Council Member

The following user(s) said Thank You: Diana W, River

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi