Repetitive Nightmares

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 9 months ago #288504 by
Replied by on topic Repetitive Nightmares
I used to have... not exactly the same dream every time, but a recurring theme of being chased by an old fashioned hunt with beagle hounds, as though I were a fox. It wasn't every night, just now and then. This continued until one night, I climbed a wire fence and wasn't fast enough. The hounds caught up with me. But instead of attacking, they licked and wagged their tails. Haven't had it since.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 9 months ago #288566 by
Replied by on topic Repetitive Nightmares
As a general rule I don't remember my dreams; maybe once in a while I wake up with a vague feeling or sim picture in my head but that's about it. There are times, though, when I either remember a dream startlingly clearly or have the same dream over and over for so long that I do remember it. For me, either one of these means I need to do something with the dream. What that something is varies and isn't usually obvious or intuitive though. I've gotten into the habit of *always* telling someone if I remember a dream they were in, in case it's a message. Not long ago I dreamt about a friend of mine and in the dream I especially noticed a bracelet he was wearing, so now (after asking his permission) I am in the process of making him that bracelet in case it's important. Once I told my mother about a dream I'd been having a few times a week for years. The next morning she told me, "Thank you for telling me about that dream. I know what it is, and you can stop having it now." I've never had it sense.

Not sure if I have a real point here other than sharing as a way to say that I understand at least some of what you're saying, and you aren't alone.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi