Concerning the dogma of TOTJO

More
22 Dec 2016 20:33 #269554 by Carlos.Martinez3
Glad to share some "light" with youyou, even if its a smile light !

Contact The Clergy
Pastor of Temple of the Jedi Order
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
The Block
Build, not tear down.
Nosce te ipsum / Cerca trova
The following user(s) said Thank You: rrhodes67

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Regentis
22 Dec 2016 23:26 #269592 by Regentis
Replied by Regentis on topic Concerning the dogma of TOTJO
That was what set my decision to join in motion, after just sitting and reading and getting a general feel for things here for so long. The freedom to express myself the only way that is natural to me. I don't "do" dogma. I find it insulting to be demanded to fit into a tiny box when I've already gone through its contents by virtue of spending every waking moment, and most sleeping ones, buried in every religious/spiritual/scientific subject I've had access to. I will; however, happily follow along a course of study for the sake of personal growth, or to gain a degree. I will not subject myself to groupthink. Done that, nearly died, not doing it again.

Personal sake: instructions don't need to be clear. It's more fun than serious, but it is still very reverent for me.
Degree: I'm unable to comprehend it if it isn't literal and minutely specific - which is beyond the scope here. I've found the lesson questions in the IP a bit hard to understand by the common parlance used.

So I figure this place is somewhere in the middle of personal choice and degree/dogma, as religion is personal and cannot be dictated, but there are attempts at rules.

I'm certainly hoping the disarray of my current journal is "good enough," but I won't lose sleep if this is another social construct I'm unable to abide by.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: RexZeroDiana W