Concerning the dogma of TOTJO

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 3 months ago #269538 by
Do i need to write my journals on the prescribed dogma or can i incorporate my own thoughts on different philosophies?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 3 months ago #269540 by
Replied by on topic Concerning the dogma of TOTJO
The journals, as I understand it, are to be a mix of both the prescribed materials and your personal thoughts. I utilize the script spoiler to mark out my personal thoughts, but it's all up to you.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 3 months ago #269541 by
You need to address the material in the IP, demonstrate that you understand it, but you can also incorporate your own thoughts and perspectives as they might be influenced by various philosophies. You are also not limited to only writing about the lessons in your journals. You can write supplemental entries about your life, thoughts, a book you read, a movie you watched, whatever.

More
7 years 3 months ago #269542 by Leah Starspectre
You can discuss anything you want in your journal, BUT if your journal does have anything aside from the IP lessons, please ensure that the IP responses are clearly titled so that the IP team and Knights know what to review.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 3 months ago #269545 by
Your journal is yours to use as you see fit. It just also happens to be where you record your thoughts on the IP material. You are not required to agree with all or any of the IP material, but to be considered for an apprenticeship you do need to have gone through it and explain your thoughts on it.

More
7 years 3 months ago #269546 by Carlos.Martinez3
lOL dogma hu? Ivebherd things called that before. You are encouraged to form an opinon. You are encouraged to form many. You are encouraged to have opinions. You will find manyndiffrent way of thinikn in the IP. Enter with a open mind and you won't regret it friend. If u like read my IP journal if you like. Take your time and see what you find. May the Force be with you

Pastor of Temple of the Jedi Order
pastor@templeofthejediorder.org
Build, not tear down.
Nosce te ipsum / Cerca trova

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 3 months ago #269549 by
Seriously, I'm just now finding this out? I thought it was strictly abut the IP. :-)

More
7 years 3 months ago #269550 by Leah Starspectre

rrhodes67 wrote: Seriously, I'm just now finding this out? I thought it was strictly abut the IP. :-)

I had everything together in one journal, but split them off after I finished my IP. Now I have one for apprentice work, one for seminary work and one for personal thoughts. :)

You can do what you want, really :)
The following user(s) said Thank You:

More
7 years 3 months ago #269551 by Carlos.Martinez3
Now you know and I think some one once said knowing is half the battle......smiley face!

Pastor of Temple of the Jedi Order
pastor@templeofthejediorder.org
Build, not tear down.
Nosce te ipsum / Cerca trova
The following user(s) said Thank You:

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 3 months ago #269552 by
And everytime I hear that quote, I have to add a silent "G.I. Joe" at the end. :-)

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi