Being part of another faith

More
8 years 2 months ago #223811 by Lykeios Little Raven

EmKat wrote: Hi there,

I joined a few days ago. I've been lurking in the forums and reading up on the doctrine, and so far I like what I see. The way of the Jedi seems highly compatible with my current practice as a Neo-Pagan Druid.

My question is this: If I were to apply for membership of the Temple, would I have to abandon my Pagan faith, or would is be acceptable to you all for me to have dual-faith. On the Druid side of this question, there is no conflict. There are Pagan Druids, Christian Druids, Buddhist Druids, Atheistic Druids ... the list could go on.

Many thanks for your thoughts.

Greetings and welcome to the temple!

I'm pagan too and have felt at home here for a few years now! Hope you find that the Jedi tenets mesh as well with your own path as I feel that they do with mine.

I look forward to speaking to you in the future, EmKat.

In Earnest,

~Lykeios~

“Now I do not know whether I was then a man dreaming I was a butterfly, or whether I am now a butterfly, dreaming I am a man.” -Zhuangzi

“Though, as the crusade presses on, I find myself altogether incapable of staying here in saftey while others shed their blood for such a noble and just cause. For surely must the Almighty be with us even in the sundering of our nation. Our fight is for freedom, for liberty, and for all the principles upon which that aforementioned nation was built.” - Patrick “Madman of Galway” O'Dell

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 2 months ago - 8 years 2 months ago #223812 by
Replied by on topic Being part of another faith
Well, I came directly from the atheist hivemind and they haven't even kicked me out yet... so I think you're good :)
Last edit: 8 years 2 months ago by .

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 2 months ago #223945 by
Replied by on topic Being part of another faith
Thank you so much for all your guidance! I really appreciate all of you taking time to talk about this.

More
8 years 2 months ago - 8 years 2 months ago #224029 by Carlos.Martinez3
JEDI ism is a wonderful gift if you so choose . One of the "perks" is you don't have to do anything. Every thing you chose is of your own doing. I learn things from others and from difrent religions. I found what works for me and I use it. That's one of many joys of JEDI ism. It's as vast and difrent as ... The individual
, you!

Pastor of Temple of the Jedi Order
pastor@templeofthejediorder.org
Build, not tear down.
Nosce te ipsum / Cerca trova
Last edit: 8 years 2 months ago by Carlos.Martinez3.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi