Being part of another faith

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 3 months ago #223740 by
Hi there,

I joined a few days ago. I've been lurking in the forums and reading up on the doctrine, and so far I like what I see. The way of the Jedi seems highly compatible with my current practice as a Neo-Pagan Druid.

My question is this: If I were to apply for membership of the Temple, would I have to abandon my Pagan faith, or would is be acceptable to you all for me to have dual-faith. On the Druid side of this question, there is no conflict. There are Pagan Druids, Christian Druids, Buddhist Druids, Atheistic Druids ... the list could go on.

Many thanks for your thoughts.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
8 years 3 months ago #223741 by Avalon
Replied by Avalon on topic Being part of another faith

EmKat wrote: Hi there,

I joined a few days ago. I've been lurking in the forums and reading up on the doctrine, and so far I like what I see. The way of the Jedi seems highly compatible with my current practice as a Neo-Pagan Druid.

My question is this: If I were to apply for membership of the Temple, would I have to abandon my Pagan faith, or would is be acceptable to you all for me to have dual-faith. On the Druid side of this question, there is no conflict. There are Pagan Druids, Christian Druids, Buddhist Druids, Atheistic Druids ... the list could go on.

Many thanks for your thoughts.

No. Pure and simple. There are pagans, Christians, even a few Muslims (I believe) all on site... You're fine :)

Not all those who wander are lost
Studies Journal | Personal Journal

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 3 months ago #223742 by
Replied by on topic Being part of another faith
We have a few druidic members here, too.

More
8 years 3 months ago #223743 by Ben
Replied by Ben on topic Being part of another faith
We have no rules about that. As far as we are concerned you are welcome to be a member of as many different faiths as you want... :)

B.Div | OCP

More
8 years 3 months ago #223762 by steamboat28
Even if we told you no, how could we possibly stop you?

We won't, mind you, but the point is that syncretism is the way of individuals, where formality is the purview of groups. We may group together here as Jedi, hold a certain creed, believe certain tenets, but as individuals, we each believe what we will--whatever mixture of influences that may be.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 3 months ago #223767 by
I'm Jediist and from Candomble, a pagan Afro-Brazilian religian, and I was an eclectic Pagan priest for a long while.

Welcome aboard.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 3 months ago #223770 by
No issues at all.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 3 months ago #223788 by
I'm a Satanist Jedi, I can't imagine Jediism ever being an exclusive religion.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 3 months ago - 8 years 3 months ago #223792 by
Not specifically drawn to faith myself, Jediism at the temple is considered a religion. Well.. a religion of many seems like a good way to go. I have interest in other people their feelings about it. To see so many different opinions about believe and interests of other people, is very interesting.. Even though we do not all agree to each other, we should not expect that.. :laugh: Being different may bring misunderstanding, but it brings also beautiful moments of learning. I like that..
Last edit: 8 years 3 months ago by .

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 3 months ago #223808 by
Finding out a lot of Jedi are also Satanist. Very interesting!

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi