A question (discussion?) on Shadow Jedi

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 11 months ago #191127 by
Omg I might really belong here. You are teaching this? As a priest? That makes me very optimistic about following the Jedi path. If this truly what is tought.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 11 months ago #191129 by

CAB334 wrote: Omg I might really belong here. You are teaching this? As a priest? That makes me very optimistic about following the Jedi path. If this truly what is tought.

In many ways, you are the teacher and the student where your individual Jedi path is concerned. :)

It's up to you to decide what's appropriate for you in a personal/spiritual sense, and what is 'taught' here is meant to help guide you, not limit you or direct you toward ideas that aren't compatible with beliefs or belief system(s) that you honor.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 11 months ago #191132 by
The reason TOTJO appeals to so many is its distance from authority.

We believe in empowering the self.

Yes, you will need a guide... many guides... But, for that, we have apprentices, knights, masters, councillors... they are not here to force you or to feed you information. They are here to be the gentle hand steering you in the direction you cannot see yourself.

Like learning a martial art, we cannot actually go through the motions for you.

We can only give you the diagram and walk you through it.

Being a Jedi here at TOTJO is about becoming your own guide. Your own master.

The only thing we ask is that you do not impede the progress of others. Do not troll. Do not say needless things. Do not be petty. Be compassionate. Be here. Be open. And, wherever your path takes you, we will support you.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 11 months ago #191135 by
First off, beautifully worded. Truly.

A place that embraces individuality. That teaches... or rather gives tools to help people flourish. Thank you guys for helping me understand.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 11 months ago #191137 by

Connor L. wrote: The reason TOTJO appeals to so many is its distance from authority.

Yes, you will need a guide... many guides... But, for that, we have apprentices, knights, masters, councillors... they are not here to force you or to feed you information. They are here to be the gentle hand steering you in the direction you cannot see yourself.

The only thing we ask is that you do not impede the progress of others. Do not troll. Do not say needless things. Do not be petty. Be compassionate. Be here. Be open. And, wherever your path takes you, we will support you.

I am astounded. I have no more words. Thank you guys. I Was almost in tears over all of this. I am excited to do my studies. I'm waiting a mile a minute for the apprenticeship to be able to talk one on one to someone about all of this.

More
8 years 11 months ago #191141 by Br. John
You don't have to wait to talk about it. Being in harmony with The Force is not being helpless in the dark or blinded by the light.

Founder of The Order
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jestor, , Alexandre Orion

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 11 months ago #191142 by

Connor L. wrote: The reason TOTJO appeals to so many is its distance from authority.

I have to agree. This is great. Makes me feel glad to have found this place. Being surrounded by open, like minded people is really astounding.

• Jestor
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
    Registered
  • What you want to learn, determines your teacher ..
More
8 years 11 months ago #191156 by Jestor

I'm waiting a mile a minute for the apprenticeship to be able to talk one on one to someone about all of this.

All of us are available via PM, or by posting open questions like this....

We seldom want to disturb or place unwanted advice on anyone, so we lurk a bit, lol...

I have yet to hear of anyone being refused a conversation...:)

Just ask...:)

On walk-about...

Sith ain't Evil...
Jedi ain't Saints....

"Bake or bake not. There is no fry" - Sean Ching

Rite: PureLand
Former Memeber of the TOTJO Council
Master: Jasper_Ward
Current Apprentices: Viskhard, DanWerts, Llama Su, Trisskar
Former Apprentices: Knight Learn_To_Know, Knight Edan, Knight Brenna, Knight Madhatter
The following user(s) said Thank You: Adder, Alexandre Orion, Kit, Edan

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi