A question (discussion?) on Shadow Jedi

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 10 months ago #191110 by
I just read quite a bit of the Jedi Holocron. I skimmed a bit but really read much of each part. I feel that I may be more in the shadows, as I do not see a light and dark side as much as one Force that can be harnessed for different purposes. For example, all living things harness The Force as a means to have life. Unconsciously or consciously The Force is used for everything. All action and thought is The Force. I see all things using The Force in light and dark manner, like a Jedi who uses it for light, yet uses it for darkness to better their health or for other purposes that I can't seem to quantify into words. I do believe the Holocron misses the mark with the Shadow. I feel a shadow Jedi can easily decide that they lean to one side of the Force.

I personally feel I can use the Darkness within myself to keep my mind sharp and focused. However, I want to be a part of the Light, because I feel we need to pull together for the betterment of all people.

I was wondering if experienced and Unexperienced Jedi alike could weigh in for some insight?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• RyuJin
  • Master
  • Master
    Registered
  • The Path of Ignorance is Paved with Fear
More
8 years 10 months ago #191114 by RyuJin
the majority of us see the force as simply being...with no light or dark...the only light or dark is in the individual themself....

my favorite analogy....the force is like a hammer sitting on a workbench....the hammer can be used to destroy or to create, it doesn't choose which it does, the one that wields it chooses...likewise the force is just there for us to use,we can use it for light or for dark. ...

Warning: Spoiler!

Quotes:

J.L.Lawson,Master Knight, M.div, Eastern Studies S.I.G. Advisor (Formerly Known as the Buddhist Rite)
Former Masters: GM Kana Seiko Haruki , Br.John
Current Apprentices: Baru
Former Apprentices:Adhara(knight), Zenchi (knight)
The following user(s) said Thank You: steamboat28, Jestor

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 10 months ago #191118 by
Or perhaps more like a musical instrument: You choose the style in which you play.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 10 months ago #191119 by
Okay so I didn't actually ask my question I don't guess.

Can someone who identifies as Shadow, still be a member of the Temple? Still go through apprenticeship? Become a member of the clergy? Basically, can someone who is a shadow Jedi still be trusted enough by the order to become a high ranking member?

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 10 months ago #191121 by
Yes. I think you'll find that quite a lot of Jedi here are shadow in practice or thought.

More
8 years 10 months ago #191122 by Zenchi

CAB334 wrote: Okay so I didn't actually ask my question I don't guess.

Can someone who identifies as Shadow, still be a member of the Temple? Still go through apprenticeship? Become a member of the clergy? Basically, can someone who is a shadow Jedi still be trusted enough by the order to become a high ranking member?

The color and shade really doesn't matter (to my knowledge anyways). Contribute, be active, (perhaps donate) that's all one can do really...

My Word is my Honor, and my Honor is my Life ~ Sturm Brightblade
Passion, yet Serenity
Knighted Apprentice Arisaig
TM- RyuJin
The following user(s) said Thank You: steamboat28, RyuJin, Jestor

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 10 months ago #191123 by
I had figured as much. After all we are but human. Just an honest curiosity.

More
8 years 10 months ago - 8 years 10 months ago #191124 by Zenchi
It's why quite a few members including myself are partial to the TOTJO, the people here are pretty open minded (for the most part) and welcome the diversity that each member adds...

My Word is my Honor, and my Honor is my Life ~ Sturm Brightblade
Passion, yet Serenity
Knighted Apprentice Arisaig
TM- RyuJin
Last edit: 8 years 10 months ago by Zenchi.
The following user(s) said Thank You: RyuJin, Jestor,

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 10 months ago #191125 by
That's truly amazing to me. A religion, philosophy, following, whatever an individual would Classify TOTJO as, that is cultivated by individuality and free thought. That makes me so much more hopeful about my path here.

• RyuJin
  • Master
  • Master
    Registered
  • The Path of Ignorance is Paved with Fear
More
8 years 10 months ago #191126 by RyuJin
they are correct.....

and in the past totjo has been referred to as grey, and shadow.....we are simply jedi....anything more than that is up to the individual....but really why limit oneself by further classifying....classifications seek to segregate,separate, and isolate...

Quotes:

J.L.Lawson,Master Knight, M.div, Eastern Studies S.I.G. Advisor (Formerly Known as the Buddhist Rite)
Former Masters: GM Kana Seiko Haruki , Br.John
Current Apprentices: Baru
Former Apprentices:Adhara(knight), Zenchi (knight)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jestor, , Zenchi

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi